Ultimate Footy 2014: PureFooty is the winner!

Wow that tackle must have been late cuz I was one down when the game finished because I checked straight afterwards, Jebus that was a close one
Yeah I checked just after FT too although I think there can be some adjustments after games as they double check the stats. So demoralising thinking I'd held on for a close win only to wake up and find out I hadn't.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah I checked just after FT too although I think there can be some adjustments after games as they double check the stats. So demoralising thinking I'd held on for a close win only to wake up and find out I hadn't.

We all no as melbourne supporters that I am more than happy to take an after the game countback victory in anything :thumbsu:

Gee it's slim pickings on the Free Agency front in this league. Good thing I haven't copped any injuries yet because we are really scraping the barrel there for dour key defenders and skinny kids.

Gee it's slim pickings on the Free Agency front in this league. Good thing I haven't copped any injuries yet because we are really scraping the barrel there for dour key defenders and skinny kids.

I think there will have to be some trades at some point as a result. Someone runs into an injury crisis at a position and just needs to trade to top up in a line.

Leuey, no! I hope Maric is ready to go sooner than later.

Ollie Wines is the only shining light in my team. A steal in the 11th round... All the good it does me. I open to trade offers for Wines.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kieran Jack and Buddy Franklin proving to be ordinary 1st 2nd round pick ups, but still early days. Down 8-1, but there is a chance I can somehow claw this back to a 5-4 win.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Scenario:
P.Duffield, S.Hill, A.Sandilands, D.Zaharakis. Vs No one
Need 4 of the next 5 to happen... 29 kicks, 35 handballs, 8 marks, 34 hit outs, 3 goals.
Yeh, I'm screwed.

Scenario:
Need 4 of the next 5 to happen... 29 kicks, 35 handballs, 8 marks, 34 hit outs, 3 goals.
Yeh, I'm screwed.

Think 3 of 4 possible. K/HO/MA. Goals and HB tough.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Scenario:
Yeh, I'm screwed.
Lost by 3 kicks, 22 HB, 1 Mark, 11 Ho, 4 points, and 0.8 Scoring accuracy. Should've just put the C on Sandi and at least got hitouts.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
When questioned by reporters following their narrow 5-4 defeat in the much anticipated top of the table clash, the coach of Viney's Troopers had this to say. "It would be nice if the bloody umpires could get a few calls right. The majority of my players played their role and despite some poor goal kicking accuracy we put ourselves in a position to win. The umpires however had a different take on things i guess and they absolutely murdered us, we lost both frees for and against and it's just not good enough that they can't do their job properly in such pivotal games." The coach was fined $5000 shortly after by the AFL for his verbal attack on the umpires.

May 8, 2011
loɔɐʇıou:
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
When questioned by reporters following their narrow 5-4 defeat in the much anticipated top of the table clash, the coach of Viney's Troopers had this to say. "It would be nice if the bloody umpires could get a few calls right. The majority of my players played their role and despite some poor goal kicking accuracy we put ourselves in a position to win. The umpires however had a different take on things i guess and they absolutely murdered us, we lost both frees for and against and it's just not good enough that they can't do their job properly in such pivotal games." The coach was fined $5000 shortly after by the AFL for his verbal attack on the umpires.
Skipton Whippet's coach Logger has responded to Viney's Trooper's Coach deeman87 's criticism of the umpires by claiming that he could have beaten the formerly 2nd placed side "with 17 men on the field... on the proviso that the missing man is Beau Maister. Seriously, though, the game was worth of a top of the table clash and Viney's Troopers put on a gallant display which had me smashing telephones well into the last game. They would have beaten a lesser side"

Back