Sport Ultimate Footy 2015 - Discussion/Trash thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lost on,y because I didn't have a bloody ruckman

My reign of mediocre terror continues...

Edit: or maybe that should be mediocre reign of terror? Either or, I guess.

Worst ******* leigh montagna goal ever. Sinks the dees and loses me my game with 20 seconds left. just absolute rubbish checking :mad::mad::mad:
I just realised this. I had Montagna as captain... If he had not kicked that goal I would have lost.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
I just realised this. I had Montagna as captain... If he had not kicked that goal I would have lost.
Yeah i was actually sweating it hard. Watched the game from a sunshine coast pub where i had to ask for the game to be put on in a sports bar (lol) and knew i was 10 points up with like 5 mins to go. Was just thinking as long as Montagna doesn't sneak one in i'm home and then that horrid moment with 20 seconds left. Bittersweet for you, all tears for me. :cry:

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah i was actually sweating it hard. Watched the game from a sunshine coast pub where i had to ask for the game to be put on in a sports bar (lol) and knew i was 10 points up with like 5 mins to go. Was just thinking as long as Montagna doesn't sneak one in i'm home and then that horrid moment with 20 seconds left. Bittersweet for you, all tears for me. :cry:

Which pub? Waddling around in Noosa were you?

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Close. surfair beach hotel in marcoola. Just on a bit of a roadtrip up North at the moment where it's nice and warm.

Ah, haven't ventured to Marcoola yet. Worth visiting?

Cross Gympie off your places to visit. Drive on through.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Ah, haven't ventured to Marcoola yet. Worth visiting?

Cross Gympie off your places to visit. Drive on through.
Cool dually noted cheers. Nah Marcoola is just a tiny town in between Mt Coolum and some other tiny miscellaneous town. Mt Coolum is kind of impressive though it's like a mini Ayres Rock.

Not even bittersweet. Just bitter. No consolation in that win.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Cool dually noted cheers. Nah Marcoola is just a tiny town in between Mt Coolum and some other tiny miscellaneous town. Mt Coolum is kind of impressive though it's like a mini Ayres Rock.

I've been to Maroochydore, but that's about all in terms of lurking around down there. A few of the guys I work with spend their weekends in Noosa. I've only been there a couple of times, and I was trying to find a pub to watch the Gold Coast game and found a sports bar showing some nuffy farking league game (hence the question), but it seemed a reasonable place. campaigner of a place to find a park though.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
I've been to Maroochydore, but that's about all in terms of lurking around down there. A few of the guys I work with spend their weekends in Noosa. I've only been there a couple of times, and I was trying to find a pub to watch the Gold Coast game and found a sports bar showing some nuffy farking league game (hence the question), but it seemed a reasonable place. campaigner of a place to find a park though.
Yeah it is really nice up here in terms of landscape and weather, though a little (or a lot) high on the humidity side of things. People say Melbourne weather changes quick well here it's sunny one second and then the next it's a monsoon while maintaining 90% humidity the whole time. I was actually thinking about moving up here but after a few weeks I'm starting to having second thoughts about it. If there weren't so many Queenslanders around i might be alright, it's also really damn pricey if you want to shop anywhere that's not Woolies. The beaches are so goddamn beautiful though and i see why that's their main claim to fame.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah it is really nice up here in terms of landscape and weather, though a little (or a lot) high on the humidity side of things. People say Melbourne weather changes quick well here it's sunny one second and then the next it's a monsoon while maintaining 90% humidity the whole time. I was actually thinking about moving up here but after a few weeks I'm starting to having second thoughts about it. If there weren't so many Queenslanders around i might be alright, it's also really damn pricey if you want to shop anywhere that's not Woolies. The beaches are so goddamn beautiful though and i see why that's their main claim to fame.

I'm not seeing the humidity part. It's not that bad in winter. I moved up here in March and I would turn in to a damn fountain when I left my (air-conditioned) office. Summer is distinctly uncomfortable, and I only caught the tail end of it. Winter gets a bit cool in the mornings but nothing you don't see in Vic, and then its like 20 C for the rest of the day. Like this for months, they tell me.

Yeah, the beaches are nice. I've only driven past them, but they'd be packed in summer. I don't think anyone is going to appreciate another dirty old bikini inspector though so I haven't stopped by. Some nice territory around here but in general Queenslanders are distinctly ordinary. Worse than Victorians.

As I've mentioned, Gympie is a dump. I was living in rural Vic and I definitely preferred the lifestyle down there more. Maybe I'm just a grumpy sodding bastard though.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
I'm not seeing the humidity part. It's not that bad in winter. I moved up here in March and I would turn in to a damn fountain when I left my (air-conditioned) office. Summer is distinctly uncomfortable, and I only caught the tail end of it. Winter gets a bit cool in the mornings but nothing you don't see in Vic, and then its like 20 C for the rest of the day. Like this for months, they tell me.

Yeah, the beaches are nice. I've only driven past them, but they'd be packed in summer. I don't think anyone is going to appreciate another dirty old bikini inspector though so I haven't stopped by. Some nice territory around here but in general Queenslanders are distinctly ordinary. Worse than Victorians.

As I've mentioned, Gympie is a dump. I was living in rural Vic and I definitely preferred the lifestyle down there more. Maybe I'm just a grumpy sodding bastard though.

I dunno the humidity seems distinctly high for winter but i'm well and truly Melburnised. I walked into a bottle shop the other day and it was 20C 80% humidity and they had the heater on and were complaining about how cold it was. o_O Meanwhile i've been sleeping with my air con on all night most nights. Yet to experience that summer humidity but i'm not sure i'd survive it. You probably are a grumpy sod but you're right about Queenslanders being pretty ordinary. Slightly more ordinary than Victorians. Also a little dumber and they have like 6 variations of 4X on tap which should never happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I dunno the humidity seems distinctly high for winter but i'm well and truly Melburnised. I walked into a bottle shop the other day and it was 20C 80% humidity and they had the heater on and were complaining about how cold it was. o_O Meanwhile i've been sleeping with my air con on all night most nights. Yet to experience that summer humidity but i'm not sure i'd survive it. You probably are a grumpy sod but you're right about Queenslanders being pretty ordinary. Slightly more ordinary than Victorians. Also a little dumber and they have like 6 variations of 4X on tap which should never happen.

Ha, yeah, most of the guys wander in to work in long pants and jackets and I'm still wearing shorts and a shirt. Weak bastards give me funny looks. It's like 12 degrees. I haven't had to defrost my car to get to work once.

Yes, the beer selection is s**t. I refuse to stoop to drinking the 4X varieties. I've been watching games at the RSL and been drinking Extra Dry on tap. They may as well piss on the carpet and ask me to lap it up. I don't think Carlton or VB on tap is too much to ask for.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Ha, yeah, most of the guys wander in to work in long pants and jackets and I'm still wearing shorts and a shirt. Weak bastards give me funny looks. It's like 12 degrees. I haven't had to defrost my car to get to work once.

Yes, the beer selection is s**t. I refuse to stoop to drinking the 4X varieties. I've been watching games at the RSL and been drinking Extra Dry on tap. They may as well piss on the carpet and ask me to lap it up. I don't think Carlton or VB on tap is too much to ask for.
Yah i've been walking round in shorts the whole time too. I mean since i've been here the weather range has been 14-24. In Melbourne it's been like 2-16 so our max is the minimum here kinda crazy. I was surprised at the lack of Carlton on tap but then again their Queenslanders and there's random rugby posts on the nature strips...

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I concede, bring on round 13.

I concede, bring on round 13.

As do I.

244_iStock-White-flag-628x250-628x250.jpg

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I almost won my game.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mzungu on the FA market? Don't mind if I do...

I was tempted to post a message last night staking my honourable reputation that he would be out of the side within a month, but decided to keep my gob shut. Don't know if you saw the Gold Coast game, but he was awful. Got the ball a bit, mostly butchered it.

Or am I gaming you trying to get you to drop him so I can pick him up again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back