azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Hello all and welcome to all things UF for the 2015 season that lays ahead.

First things first, congratulations again to Kristof for taking out last years title after pretty much leading all year.

List of users and their team names:
1. Hendomania: azza77
2. Breaking Bad - Danoz
3. Pioneers FC - Vantz
4. McCatin's Empty - Bacon8
5. Sando... Lever Sloane - DangerSloane
6. Rory Atkin's PCL - Campbell's Chunky
7. New Farm Ass Clowns Kristof
8. Heart Starters Geoffa32
9. Snortin' Swine SCE - Hank93
10. FagansPickPocketsAllefgib

Keepers that have been assigned:
UF Keepers.jpg

Draft:
So as you know, we need to select 27 players on top of our 5 keepers. This consists of 6 defenders, 7 midfielders, 2 rucks, 6 forwards and a utility. There are also 4 emergencies and 6 reserve players. PLEASE NOTE, the utility position does not have an emergency slot allocated to it and so you need to be careful with this position in your team selection obviously.

I will open up the draft later tonight. As you know, we have opted to go down a slow, online draft route. Players have a total of 12 hours to make their one pick, but lets try and keep things at a faster pace than that lads. The timer will countdown between the hours of 6 30am and 10 30pm (due to AEDT it has to be at half hour intervals). If for example you have 7 hours left on your pick timer and it hits 11pm, the timer will not continue to tick down until it reaches 7am. Picks can still be made outside of these set hours however.

How you all communicate between the people either of your pick is completely up to you (twitter, BF forums and tap talk, text messages etc) Please take the time out to work out your preferred methods and make sure we are all on the ball.

Scoring:
Scoring is the basic Dream Team System. 3 for a kick and mark, 2 for handball, 4 for a tackle, 1 for a free for and behind, 6 for a goal and -3 for a free against.

Captains:
Captains are on.

Player Position Changes Throughout the Season at UF's Discretion:
On

Delist/Sign Free Agents:
When a player is delisted, they go onto the waiver wire for 48 hours where coaches have the ability to bid for him exactly like last year. If no bid is made, the player goes onto he free agent market and can be signed at will by anyone. If you have pick 1 of the waivers and grab a player, you go down to pick 10 obviously. Unlimited signings and delistings can be made throughout the season.

Lockout:
Games will lockout on the first Friday night of every round as per usual. IF there is a Thursday or Monday night game, there will be a partial lockout FOR THAT ROUND ONLY where the respective players will lockout at the beginning of each and every game, so that changes can be made accordingly as the delayed teams roll out.

PLEASE NOTE: There is a new emergency system this year in UF. The rule states that if a player on your field plays less than 20% time on ground AND your emergency player scores higher than this player, your emergency will replace that player. Therefore if you have a player that is given the green vest and doesn't come on until late, or a player is injured in the 1st quarter, they can be replaced. Beware though, as you only have 1 emergency for each position, if you have a late out also, your emergency can only cover of the late out or under 20% player.

UF automatically sets this value to 20%, it can be changed but I don't think it needs to. Bear in mind this is 20% TOG and a player never plays 100% TOG, so the 20% should cover most first quarter injuries or players that are subbed on into the last quarter.

Byes:
Since this is a keeper league and list management will be a huge part of the whole competition, we are not going to play the bye rounds, it is just not worth it. That means that we all play each other twice, bar one. Byes are rounds 11, 12, and 13 again this year.

Trades:
Trades like last year need to be improved by the league manager. If there is anything that seems uneven, it will be posted in this thread for further discussion, and a league decision will be made.

Finals:
Again, there is a top 6 system, this cannot be changed unless we pay $$$ so please don't ask. 1st and 2nd miss the first week while the next 4 play off in a knockout. Winners of those 2 games, then go on to play 1st and 2nd and etc til a winner is determined. Finals are rounds 21 through to 23.

Keepers:
At the end of the 2015 season, as decided by "some" of the coaches within the league, 16 keepers will need to be selected going into the 2016 season. Keep that in mind when drafting :)

PLEASE TRY TO DOUBLE CHECK ALL YOUR KEEPERS BEFORE THE DRAFT ROOM OPENS:

Allefgib DangerSloane Campbell's Chunky Kristof Vantz Danoz Bacon8 Geoffa32 Hank93

Last edited:
- Change number of players starting on field: N
- Change number of reserve players: N
- Captains: Y
- Player positions open to change throughout season: N (really not fussed however)
- Keeper League: Y (somewhat controversial starting this unknown to all of us at least year's draft, but I really like the idea)
- If Y also, how many keepers are to be selected? 5 (a low enough number that it still makes the league fair and most players go back to the draft pool).

- Player positions open to change throughout season: N (really not fussed however)
- Keeper League: Y (somewhat controversial starting this unknown to all of us at least year's draft, but I really like the idea)
- If Y also, how many keepers are to be selected? 5 (a low enough number that it still makes the league fair and most players go back to the draft pool).
Agree with this except make it a keeper league starting this year.
Or maybe even allow one player to be retained?

Whats the link to the league?

Agree with this except make it a keeper league starting this year.
Or maybe even allow one player to be retained?

Whats the link to the league?

Yeah that's why I've asked olayers to fill out that form. We didn't originally intend to play a keeper league, so if we retained players from last year, how many would people consider fair. The number 5 seems to be the most popular atm.

I can't really post a link to the league. You need to go to the ultimate footy website from last year, log in with the account you used last year and go to join league and fill out the details from there.

Any word on your mate joining?

- Change number of players starting on field: Y/N (if Y, how many) (22 Starts last year - 6 Backs, 7 Mids, 2 rucks, 6 forwads, 1 Utility).
- Change number of reserve players: Y/N (if Y, how many?) (4 emergencies and 4 reserves last year)
- Captains: Y/N
- Player positions open to change throughout season: Y/N

and the big decision.... a keeper league

- Keeper League: Y/N (If Y, use last year's squads or start fresh)
- If Y also, how many keepers are to be selected?

- Change number of players starting on field: No
- Change number of reserve players: No
- Captains: Yes
- Player positions open to change throughout season: Yes

- Keeper League: No
- If Y also, how many keepers are to be selected? 5 if we go with keeper

When is the draft planned for btw? I reckon a weeknight would be easier for me. One thats not a Wednesday.

Also with UF this year theres the option of TOG % determining whether an emergency is used.
Do we want to set the %, say 30%? That way it rules out sub affected players that either get injured in the first few minutes or come on at 3/4 time.

I'm not sure what the league is currently set on.

I'm getting onto my mate to see if he's keen to join.

- Player positions open to change throughout season: Y

- Keeper League: Y, 3 or 5 keepers. 1 doesn't really make sense. 3 allows 27 draft picks. Happier with 3 than 5, but would like more the following year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also how would keepers work...surely you cant just nominate your 3 best players?
Maybe something like you have to select them 2 rounds infront of what they were last year.

This leaves the top players unavailable for keeper, but gives you a reward for a good draft pick last year?

Unless you only have 3 keepers. Everyone's top 3 is still pretty good.

Essentially advantages the top teams from last season (and the people who got to draft first)
If you had number 1 pick last year, you essentially get it again, and again and again....sorta doesnt make sense. Essentially given i was low down in the picks last year, I'll never get a player worth better than pick 10 or whatever. Meanwhile someone gets say Pendlebury for the next 6 years.

Essentially advantages the top teams from last season (and the people who got to draft first)
If you had number 1 pick last year, you essentially get it again, and again and again....sorta doesnt make sense.
But that's the whole point of keeper leagues. Drafting smart to build your team.

But that's the whole point of keeper leagues. Drafting smart to build your team.

Hard to draft smart when the first 3 rounds dont exist.
Drafting smart would lend itself to my theory - you have to use a draft pick 2 rounds earlier to take the player again.

That means you dont lock away the top players, but if you make a great selection like say Jackson McRae last year, you get rewarded.
But you dont get rewarded for the randomness of getting the number 1 or 2 pick.

Hard to draft smart when the first 3 rounds dont exist.
Drafting smart would lend itself to my theory - you have to use a draft pick 2 rounds earlier to take the player again.

That means you dont lock away the top players, but if you make a great selection like say Jackson McRae last year, you get rewarded.
But you dont get rewarded for the randomness of getting the number 1 or 2 pick.
Well since we started this league as a non-keeper, do you propose we start a keeper league (for those who want it) with a clean slate?

Re: randomness of pick 1/2, I would want the draft to be set on the previous years results in a keeper league.

If we start fresh, I would want to randomise the draft order again.

Well since we started this league as a non-keeper, do you propose we start a keeper league (for those who want it) with a clean slate?

Re: randomness of pick 1/2, I would want the draft to be set on the previous years results in a keeper league.

If we start fresh, I would want to randomise the draft order again.

I would think if you're going to do a keeper league people should be aware before drafting... Because for example...whoever picked Dane Swan probably wouldnt have if they knew that their pick could be carried through. They mightve picked Dangerfield, or Beams or Pendles instead.

Even if we did a keeper league you'd have to rearrange the draft order. otherwise the people that got pick 1 last year get first pick of the remaining players too...

I would think if you're going to do a keeper league people should be aware before drafting... Because for example...whoever picked Dane Swan probably wouldnt have if they knew that their pick could be carried through. They mightve picked Dangerfield, or Beams or Pendles instead.

Even if we did a keeper league you'd have to rearrange the draft order. otherwise the people that got pick 1 last year get first pick of the remaining players too...
I mean reverse ladder order.

I mean reverse ladder order.

Yeah I mean that works I guess.
Just that its not a real advantage getting 'first pick', given the first 3 rounds dont exist.
I mean with your first pick youre going to get the 30th+ best player.

I dno, i think i finished mid table so wouldnt worry me massively. Ill go with what the majority wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back