Competitions Ultimate Footy 2015 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bacon and Hank have dropped out. We had one indication of interest a few pages ago and I reckon we could get someone like knobby interested.

Nah I know that and that's fine, it's just if we are going to constantly have people dropping in and out and newbies coming in to take over a team they had almost 0 input into selecting it makes things a little unfair / hard. If they are willing to, then that's fine by me and I welcome them with open arms.

It's just if we are going to have to go looking for new players every year things could get annoying.

Dumb question - is there a league code?

probably not old enough for the relevance ;)
Lol. Not old enough. Ha. I'd wager I'm either older than you or very similar. Irrelevant though. I'm not a nut eater. But yea the ref does make sense now.
Nah I know that and that's fine, it's just if we are going to constantly have people dropping in and out and newbies coming in to take over a team they had almost 0 input into selecting it makes things a little unfair / hard. If they are willing to, then that's fine by me and I welcome them with open arms.

It's just if we are going to have to go looking for new players every year things could get annoying.
I don't agree but that's ok. There'll be a core of people who keep playing. There's also the fact we're only keeping 16 players. All teams have 16 players worth keeping.

I agree that pretty much anyone could jump in and find 16 keepers in their team.

Here are the two squads. I think one is better. So i'll let group decide what team goes where.
Bacon8 Squad
Heath Shaw GWS - B
Jack Newnes SK - B,C
Tom McDonald ME - B
Jackson Thurlow GE - B,C
Lee Spurr FR - B
Garrick Ibbotson FR - B
Dyson Heppell ES - C
Patrick Dangerfield GE - C
Ben Cunnington NM - C
David Armitage SK - C
Billy Hartung HW - C
Cameron Guthrie GE - C
Joshua Kelly GWS - C,F
Sam Jacobs AD - R
Jonathon Griffin FR - R
Dayne Zorko BL - C,F
Josh Kennedy WC - F
Thomas Lynch GC - F
Drew Petrie NM - F
Luke Breust HW - F
Kurt Tippett SY - F
Marco Paparone BL - C,F
Zach Tuohy CA - B
Darcy Lang GE - C
Tom Nicholls GC - R
Josh Jenkins AD - F
Jarrod Harbrow GC - B,C
Luke Parker SY - C
Matthew Leuenberger ES - R,F
Luke Hodge HW - B,C
Josh Caddy GE - C
Lewis Taylor BL - C,F

Hanks Squad
Nick Malceski GC - B
B Grant Birchall HW - B
B Sam Fisher SK - B
B Josh Bruce SK - B,F
B Ben Jacobs NM - B
B Sean Dempster SK - B
C Jack Redden WC - C
C Liam Shiels HW - C
C Sam Gibson NM - C
C Anthony Miles RI - C
C Bernie Vince ME - C
C Mark Hutchings WC - C
C Shaun Grigg RI - C
R Callum Sinclair SY - R,F
R Zac Smith GE - R
F Travis Cloke CW - F
F Dane Swan CW - C,F
F Tom Mitchell SY - C,F
F Jimmy Bartel GE - F
F Chris Mayne FR - F
F Tory Dickson WB - F
UTL Rhys Palmer GWS - F
Emergencies
B Rohan Bewick BL - B,C
C Ben McGlynn SY - C
F Jay Schulz PA - F
Bench
BN Jack Darling WC - F
BN Paul Duffield FR - B
BN Brendan Whitecross HW - B
BN Will Minson WB - R
BN Ryan Bastinac BL - C
BN Paul Puopolo HW - F
BN Adam Cooney ES - C,F

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should let the people joining choose, in which order of who showed interest first.

Agreed

Lol. Not old enough. Ha. I'd wager I'm either older than you or very similar. Irrelevant though. I'm not a nut eater. But yea the ref does make sense now.

I don't agree but that's ok. There'll be a core of people who keep playing. There's also the fact we're only keeping 16 players. All teams have 16 players worth keeping.

Im fine with how it is, just as long as other players joining are as well. If there are only going to be a core group of 5-6 players staying each year and we have to go out and find new coaches, then there's almost no point in playing keeper league, we may as well go back and play a standard UF draft.

I agree, each team could find 16 keepers. Its just that coaches that put their hand up to play keeper league come in with a particular mindset and trade/draft strategy. A new coach will have to then pick up this half constructed team and take in their own direction. Its not the end of the world, and if they are willing then its fine by me like I said. Happy to keep going with keeper leagues, but if continually get people dropping out, then we should probably consider just holding a new draft each year like normal.

Agreed

Im fine with how it is, just as long as other players joining are as well. If there are only going to be a core group of 5-6 players staying each year and we have to go out and find new coaches, then there's almost no point in playing keeper league, we may as well go back and play a standard UF draft.

I agree, each team could find 16 keepers. Its just that coaches that put their hand up to play keeper league come in with a particular mindset and trade/draft strategy. A new coach will have to then pick up this half constructed team and take in their own direction. Its not the end of the world, and if they are willing then its fine by me like I said. Happy to keep going with keeper leagues, but if continually get people dropping out, then we should probably consider just holding a new draft each year like normal.

If we drop the keeper league aspect, i'm out. I purposefully kept young players from my 2014 squad and then drafted young players in 2015 for my team to have long standing success. I think my oldest player is 26 and most between 21-24. Anyone can join a league that is 1 year and done. The strategy of this game is what makes it enjoyable. We just need to enhance that core 5-6 to 9-10.

Which is why if we go to only 8 teams, but they are all active, i'd be happy.

Thanks Vantz , I have nominated my keepers

up for trades on J Caddy, B Cunnington, M Luenberger, T Nicholls, J Harbrow, M Paparone, D Petrie, J Thurlow, J Jenkins, D Lang, J Griffen, D Heppell ;)

Like I said guys, IM more than happy to keep the whole keeper league aspect.

Everyone has drafted their team with a look to the future. But people coming and going is going to make it hard to maintain.

Anyways, we shall see how we go this year.

Anyways, there was 1 big change I think we were all in favour for and that was changing the starting ruckmen from 2 to 1. I remember (especially being a keeper league) there was just not enough ruckmen to go around.

How many keepers is it guys?
Doesnt say on the page where you choose them?

I agree we have to keep the keeper aspect. Its the whole point of difference of this league over every other regular one.

16 keepers. Log into UF and select nominate keepers and all your players should come up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back