Fantasy Ultimate Footy AFL Dynasty League - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok now it's all there. I went to delist some players and it says 'You can't view this page because you don't have a team in this league'. Even though in the league home it has Gay Pirates - Ben and a green light to show I'm online.
You might have to click one more thing. There's probably a link to the right where you RETRIEVE your team from 2014 that you arent clicking. You'll have to find that link by clicking around all the tabs like LEAGUE, MY TEAM, PRE-SEASON DRAFT. Just click those main headings and search for a link to click that associates you as the Gay Pirates from 2014.

Also, make sure you're entering THIS YEARS league code, which is 380799, not last year's league code.

Lastly, maybe you have to EDIT TEAM INFO first and saving??

Accept an invitation
If someone has sent you an invite with a league ID and a password, enter it here to go straight into that league.

-----

Once you accept an email invite you should be straight in.

An alternative is to search for a league, so enter league ID 380799, password: tasmania and then see if that works.

You're doing something fundamentally wrong, as you're not even showing as having joined/accepted an invite.

Blacky balmainforever and EagleOz still to join as well. If they could get to this asap please.

Accept an invitation
If someone has sent you an invite with a league ID and a password, enter it here to go straight into that league.

-----

Once you accept an email invite you should be straight in.

An alternative is to search for a league, so enter league ID 380799, password: tasmania and then see if that works.

You're doing something fundamentally wrong, as you're not even showing as having joined/accepted an invite.

Blacky balmainforever and EagleOz still to join as well. If they could get to this asap please.
some idiot forgot what their username and password for fairfax media. only just remembered

I need everyone to finalize their NOMINATE KEEPERS. Because before the draft can start I have to manually type in everyone's nominated keepers into the pre-draft list, then when the draft starts, it will draft all your keepers first.

Please make sure all your keepers have been nominated FOR SURE within the next week or so, because the draft starts end of february.

Apparently how the draft works, is it's a locked in 33 round draft, due to the roster size we have (starters, emergency, bench). So if you nominated ALL your players to keep, then the first 28 rounds of the draft would be all your keepers re-drafted, leaving about 5 rounds for the live draft itself.

If you want just nominate all your keepers, and then later (post-draft) you can drop players you dont want. Unless you particularly want to have like 10 draft picks because you dont want to keep every single player. It's not a rookie draft either, just a draft of available players, rookies, free agents, and unkept players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you can choose to only keep a few and draft more players?
I don't believe there is any limit on the number you need to keep. The more you drop, the more draft picks you have. If i keep more than you then in that particular round of the draft my keeper will be drafted while you get to pick someone from the pool of players.

Thanks to bgt2110 chipping in without even being asked to, I have upgraded the league with the STATSplus feature, which gives us a few more scoring stats to use.

I will work on these over the next few hours and eventually post in here when i'm happy.

In the meantime tho, I still need over half the league to nominate their damned keepers!! The draft starts March 1st. and if you haven't nominated your keepers by then, your entire roster will go into the pool where people can draft them, and you wont have any players at all. And...it's not something i can select for you as a LM. You have to do it, and THEN i can add them to your pre-draft list.

Actually, I'll need someone to help me here. As I'm not really fully aware of AR stats.

Here is a list of what we're using so far (ticked), and all the new stats now unlocked we can use (unticked).

I don't want to double-up on stats....so am unsure the difference between things like effective disposals and ineffective disposals whilst also using disposals. Things like clearances versus hitouts etc etc.

Capture1.PNG

Actually, I'll need someone to help me here. As I'm not really fully aware of AR stats.

Here is a list of what we're using so far (ticked), and all the new stats now unlocked we can use (unticked).

I don't want to double-up on stats....so am unsure the difference between things like effective disposals and ineffective disposals whilst also using disposals. Things like clearances versus hitouts etc etc.

View attachment 109572

Free Kicks For...should be a positive number, when you are awarded a free kick +3 points or thereabouts

Free Kicks against....should be a negative number, when the umpire awards a free kick against you -3 points or thereabouts

Ignore Free kick differential

Ignore disposals, covered under kicks and handballs

Effective disposal....when you kick or handball to a team mate that arrives on target + 2 points or thereabouts, this will also be on top of the score given for a kick or handball. So my guy kicks to his team mate who marks the ball. I get 2 points for the kick and an additional 2 points for it being effective.

If that kick misses its mark and the opposition marks the kick i would get 2 points for the kick but a negative 2 for it being ineffective.....0 points all up. Better reflects the outcome as a whole of the possession.

Contested possession....if i gain a possession under pressure eg. at the bottom of the pack i handball it out to a team mate while being tackled by an opposition player ..perhaps +1 for this. Rewards the "tougher" player who gets his own ball.

Rebound 50's...i think can ignore this.

Spoils...i think can ignore this

Clearances are when you gather the ball after a ruck dual and clear it with either a kick or handball. Will reward the midfielders/ruckman who are there at ball ups or throw ins who gather the ball and clear it away. I would suggest possibly +1 for clearances because they are important in the game but again will make the midfield spot/ruck more important scoring wise than say forwards or backmen.

Hope that provides some explanation.

In terms of fantasy the new scoring categories reflect more a Supercoach game where the old system was more the AFL Fantasy/Dream Team scoring for those who play the games.

Remember, my aim always is to try to get as much balance between the positions as possible, so that players in all positions are as important as each other.

Unfortunately, like with QBs in the NFL, Centers in AFL are stat whores and it's impossible to get true equality....as when you bring stats down for centers, you end up bringing stats down for other positions too, as many of the same stats are shared. But there ARE a few things after much testing that generally help Backs, Forwards, and Rucks more than Centers, and the name of THAT was pumping those stats up.

Here is what I have so far....

To test it, look at the PLAYERS page, filter by ALL PLAYERS, 2014 Season, and then select each position one at a time, and click the 2014 Ave to sort by highest to lowest by that. Take note of what you find. I was getting the following for the top 25 at each position....

Backs: 127 to 99
Forwards: 127 to 99
Rucks: 123-82
Centers: 145-108

Looking at the starters list, we start 4 centers compared to only 3 backs, 3 forwards, 1 ruck, and 1 utility. So having average and below average centers still scoring more is ok as it's a much rostered position therefore, kinda like how we need to start and roster more WRs in fantasy than positions like DB, RB, etc. As there's more a glut of them and more start.

I know some things look excessive (goals), but it's the only way to reward Forwards more. A true forward like Roughhead who has a monster game kicking 8 goals is definitely something special, more special than Centers racking up eight million disposals via chipping the ball around to each other for half an hour.

Capture1.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back