Fantasy Ultimate Footy AFL Dynasty League - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have bumped up Hit Outs to 2, which would make the top 25 something more like 140 to 110.

Which would be OK to do for Ruckmen as it's a position of "high demand low supply" given there's only 1-2 starting positions compared to the other positions where there's by far more of them, where the top say 100 players score more than the 25-50 top ruckmen.

The top 50 ruckmen goes something like 140 down to 35.

The top 50-200+ backs, forwards, and centers are scoring like 80 points.

Which works out ok, as more B's F's and C's are needed to be rostered and started, and more of them on an AFL team too. Far more supply around.

Yeah i think 16 points for a goal and 4 points for a behind is too much.

It is just natural that the midfielders are going to influence the game the most so they will naturally be scoring the most points. That is why in the real thing without a classy midfield you are going to lose most weeks.

I think goals need to be adjusted down to 6 points max and behinds 2 points max or else you will have forwards like Franklin breaking the 200 point mark with his goals, behinds and disposals in general.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
What's wrong with Franklin/Roughhead breaking 200 once or twice a season when they kick a big bag (8+ goals)?
There'll be more games where they score only about 4 goals, get few disposals, and score around 90+ (in the current scoring).
Meanwhile, the Abletts/Rockcliffs will constantly be getting 150-180 pts every match.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyway, I'll keep playing around with all the stats during the week.

But also think like Cutthroat......sometimes DBs will score a lot in a game when they get a pick-six, etc, but otherwise most of the season, they're scoring way below the average of what WRs/RBs score. The occasional big score is ok as it balances out in the end.

In the end, the winning CT scoring system, which has stayed the same now for 3 years, is the Big Play system.....where the bread'n'butter stats are given a low base, and the big plays for each position are pumped up to reward the playmakers more.

In AFL that would be Hitouts to boost Ruckmen, Spoils to boost Backs, Goals to boost Forwards, and Centers just score a ton anyway as they accrue all those stats and their own.

In all honesty, I drafted forwards who played more as midfielders to get more stats/points etc. If we're now going to make goals worth a whopping 16 points, then I'd have drafted differently. Just saying, such a change is way too drastic for my liking.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
In all honesty, I drafted forwards who played more as midfielders to get more stats/points etc. If we're now going to make goals worth a whopping 16 points, then I'd have drafted differently. Just saying, such a change is way too drastic for my liking.

D/w I'm just testing for now. Not good forcing equality when there's so few stats available, especially position-unique stats. Thru the week will be testing more.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm fairly happy with this...

Got the top 1 to 3 Backs (100), Rucks (100) and Forwards (90-95) topping close to the 100 ave mark.
With the top 1 to 5 Centers topping the 120 ave mark.

Then everyone after that roughly peters off into the 90's and 80's ave.

Still thinking of tweaking it. But rather than pushing Goals/Behinds up for Forwards to ridiculous levels, instead, bringing some other scoring settings down that brings Backs/Centers/Rucks down a little.

Capture.PNG

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
GG that is dirt

You stockpiled big men. You can't change th rules now
What rules? I paid 30 dollars to get extra scoring stats, which help centers and backs.

Where it is now is what it was last year except kicks down from 2 to 1 due to there now being added effective disposals and contested possessions and clearances. All boosting ball winners (centers).

That's much better than what I had yesterday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
It seems to be a fluid process, so I am just ensuring that you don't change it back
Just keep in mind I'm always transparent and aiming for what's best for all (players) and owners, never trying to make myself better etc. I own a few top players purely because I drafted well and won the comp. No matter scoring I use the top players are always going to be top.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have finalized the scoring settings....

Note the comparison between the top 25 players at each position. Midfielders will always score more anyway as they accrue more stats from every category than players at other positions. But the sense of balance between all positions is pretty fair and equatable across the board.

Backs
1st: 104.5
25th: 83.8

Centers
1st: 119.4
25th: 90.4

Rucks
1st: 106.0
25th: 68.3

Forwards
1st: 97.7
25th: 78.3

Capture.PNG

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
This league will conduct a Online Draft starting Sunday March 1 at 11:00 AM (AEDT), which is in 7 days, 23 hours and 5 minutes.

How the draft will work?
It's conducted "online" on the UAFL league site. People will have 24 hours to make their pick, and would get an email notification when they're on the clock. It isn't online LIVE draft. But 'long-running' online email draft.

Your keepers are all pre-draft selections, so your 1st to 28th round picks are your keepers re-drafted. If you select your entire 28 roster as keepers. It's a 32 round draft. So if you kept all 28, you'd have only 4 actual new picks to make in rounds 29 to 32.

So I need everyone to hurry up and FINALIZE nominating their keepers. If you dont nominate any, you will lose your entire team to the draft pool, and would have to completely re-draft 32 players. We probably wont have time to get thru half the league re-drafting 32 players with 24 hr turnaround time between picks.

GG balmainforever Blacky bgt2110 fuey GeeCats07 shiny_on_top Dixie Flatline arakaan Shupe EagleOz quin_stick

People have lives. I'm not around next weekend.

To be honest, I think it's pretty premature to have a rookie draft when not even a single round of the preseason competition has finished.

Last edited:
I'm not really a fan of the fact that last place doesn't necessarily get the first pick. Like the AFL, if you decide to delist more than the minimum requirement you should be forced to go deep in the draft, not be littered with early picks and the best rookies.

That's just my thoughts. I know someone (blacky?) mentioned similar earlier. Not too big a deal though - don't imagine drafting is as important in AFL fantasy as say NFL.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not really a fan of the fact that last place doesn't necessarily get the first pick. Like the AFL, if you decide to delist more than the minimum requirement you should be forced to go deep in the draft, not be littered with early picks and the best rookies.

That's just my thoughts. I know someone (blacky?) mentioned similar earlier. Not too big a deal though - don't imagine drafting is as important in AFL fantasy as say NFL.
Last place on the 2014 ladder gets 1st pick in the 2015 draft.

Ultimate Footy site is very bare bones in terms of league management options. I don't think I can customize much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back