Ultimate Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Calling any committed coaches out there that want to be apart of the first season of a long term keepers league.

If you want to create a dynasty of your own and are willing to stay active, leave a post and i'll send out the league login.

10 teams - standard scoring (no captains)

Slow draft starts 8am Thurs 26th March.

Calling any committed coaches out there that want to be apart of the first season of a long term keepers league.

If you want to create a dynasty of your own and are willing to stay active, leave a post and i'll send out the league login.

I'm interested.

Cheers mate, ive joined
Thanks, Kardinial.

Still 1 spot up for grabs for anyone interested, as we've had another coach who has had to drop out.

Live Draft March 26th @ 8pm. Points scoring, non-keeper.
League code - 292803
Password - 2468

Slow draft starts 8am Thurs 26th March.[/QUO

not long to go now, still a couple of spots to fill.
Committed coaches only
League ID: 647173
Password: 7801

not long to go now, still a couple of spots to fill.
Committed coaches only
League ID: 647173
Password: 7801

I'm mainly a lurker, these days, and located in Boston, MA (USA). But I've just joined up as I could only get a six team league together from my footy club and have been looking to join a keeper league for awhile. Psyched to come aboard, guys.

For those who have completed there drafting in there league, can some one pm there results. Just let me know league size and team sizes. I just need some mock drafts so I can be ready for my draft :p

So Dreamteam draft league question. I have Gary Ablett, I'm 0-3 due to a terrible run with injuries and I'm in dire need of a win. I've been offered two trades for Jr.
1. Marc Murphy for Gaz - straight swap
2. Shane Savage (B) and Jamie Elliot (F) for Gaz

I'm also wary of Gary coming back to hurt me big time if he suddenly comes back after 4 weeks and tears things up but I need results. What are your thoughts? I also, have the potential of looking into other backs along the lines of Shaun Burgoyne, Harry Cunningham and also forwards such as Travis Cloke and Tom Hawkins.

Would love your thoughts on the matter.

So Dreamteam draft league question. I have Gary Ablett, I'm 0-3 due to a terrible run with injuries and I'm in dire need of a win. I've been offered two trades for Jr.
1. Marc Murphy for Gaz - straight swap
2. Shane Savage (B) and Jamie Elliot (F) for Gaz

I'm also wary of Gary coming back to hurt me big time if he suddenly comes back after 4 weeks and tears things up but I need results. What are your thoughts? I also, have the potential of looking into other backs along the lines of Shaun Burgoyne, Harry Cunningham and also forwards such as Travis Cloke and Tom Hawkins.

Would love your thoughts on the matter.

If you have a keeper league, keep Gaz over both of those trade offers. I have him in my keeper league (going into our 4th year) and I will be keeping him. I still think it is rubbish that Dane Swan has forward status but for that very reasoning I have the feeling that Gaz will become a forward at some stage (if not this year, then certainly next season).

If this is just a one-year thing for your comp, I would entertain either trade. I would want someone more than Murphy though (Heppell/Lewis/Rockliff/Sloane). I think you'd want someone way more valuable than Savage as well...think more of a Suckling/Kelly/McVeigh

Hello all. With Ultimate Footy re-opening our AFM league is getting organized early.

It's a point scoring non keeper league with a live draft.

Were hoping to fill up the league in our division 1. There's only 3 of us as of right now but will hopefully have 4 or 5 regulars from last year still to join.

If filled reasonably quickly, we will be creating a div 2 allowing a relegation system. So bottom 2 teams of the div 1 league will be relegated into div 2 and the grand finalists of div 2 will be promoted into div 1.

It will be the first year trying this so hopefully we get some active folk on board and start up something pretty cool.

PM your email if interested and i'll send you an invite via UF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello all. With Ultimate Footy re-opening our AFM league is getting organized early.

Were hoping to fill up the league in our division 1. There's only 3 of us as of right now but will hopefully have 4 or 5 regulars from last year still to join.

If filled reasonably quickly, we will be creating a div 2 allowing a relegation system. So bottom 2 teams of the div 1 league will be relegated into div 2 and the grand finalists of div 2 will be promoted into div 1.

It will be the first year trying this so hopefully we get some active folk on board and start up something pretty cool.

I'm interested

I am looking to start an 8 team keeper league with my mates on Ultimate Footy and we were unsure on how many keepers we should set the league for. I know there is probably no correct answer, but people in the league are suggesting keeping nearly the whole squad minus the bench (18 starting and 7 bench players) which I think is too many and will make the league a bit stagnant and hard to improve each year. Can anyone with experience in these leagues help with a decent number of keepers? (my suggestion is around 7-8 which allows for you to keep your core but still improve each season and keeps it interesting)
Thanks

8 Team keeper? The depth of those squads would be epic.

I personally agree with your mates in keeping majority of the team. In fact, I prefer my leagues to be as real as possible and allow the minimum AFL delistings as possible (only 3 to allow for the draftees). I am one that hangs in long term and if you have the right coaches they can really turn a shitheap into a commendable side within a few years (I for one love the challenge and have a side which I made 21 player transactions last offseason and brought in 3 top 5 picks).

7-8 is pretty dismal IMO. Yes with a small league, you can top up with serious talent, but what about those long term players like Weitering who you know will be good in a few years but not right away? Those players make a real P.O.D in a squad.

Just an update. There's still 1 spot in div 1 left for anyone interested. Div 1 has been made public as well as div 2. So feel free to search AFM - div 1 or AFM - div 2 and join us :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back