Umpires Coach Admits - We miss 80,000 free kicks per weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Smedts_2

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
What the actual *???

An off-the-ball incident involving Fremantle's Hayden Ballantyne and Hawthorn's Matt Suckling has been given the tick of approval.

"I'm really comfortable with that decision because if you look at the down the ground vision Hayden moves in the direction of (Suckling) and makes contact," Kennedy said.

"There are lots of places Ballantyne could have run and we believe it was a correct free kick."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-28/some-grounds-are-difficult-places-to-umpire

Two guys moving in straight lines touch. Ballantyne's fault!

Seems legit :drunk:

The scary part is Wayne Campbell is stupid enough to think an obviously incorrect explanation will suffice. Lucky the AFL have a firm grip on the media isn't it
pE95U.gif

The scary part is Wayne Campbell is stupid enough to think an obviously incorrect explanation will suffice. Lucky the AFL have a firm grip on the media isn't it
Get over yourself mate. Fremantle lost. They were not the better team on the night. You should be demanding your club take a stronger stance on crowd behaviour as they have brought shame to every fan of the game. As for that fool Ballantyne, perhaps you should go to Freo board and raise some questions about his value.

he did take geishens job. two of the dumbest fools ever to be offered a charity job by the AFL (and there are a few)

he did take geishens job. two of the dumbest fools ever to be offered a charity job by the AFL (and there are a few)

both ex-tiger morons- along with KB- responsible for rule changes and interpretations and basically ruining the game.

I think they are taking their frustrations at Richmonds continued crapness by trying to stuff the game so bad that Richmond will be the only tema left and - voila! tey win a FLAG!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballantyne has been victimised. Previous form should not mean you get pissy frees paid against you.
Never in a million years would they pay that against Hodge or Pav etc.
Ballantyne should sue.

Freo should have left the field until the umpires were replaced, like that bastion of integrity, the Indian cricket team.

Ballantyne should sue.
Yes that wouldn't be a waste of our judicial system.

Ballantyne :"I'm suing the AFL for paying a free kick against me"
AFL: "A Player makes Prohibited Contact with an opposition Player if the Player:
e) pushes, bumps, holds or blocks an opposition Player when the football is further than 5 metres away from the opposition Player or is out of play;"
Judge: "denied......next!"

Yes that wouldn't be a waste of our judicial system.

Ballantyne :"I'm suing the AFL for paying a free kick against me"
AFL: "A Player makes Prohibited Contact with an opposition Player if the Player:
e) pushes, bumps, holds or blocks an opposition Player when the football is further than 5 metres away from the opposition Player or is out of play;"
Judge: "denied......next!"

And you actually bothered to think that through?

But anyway back to fantasy land .. His case would be about victimisation. There are thousands of incidents where by a player pushes bumps holds or blocks a player 5m away. Why pay it now?

Tape would roll showing all the thousands and thousands of pissy contact that goes on off the ball and the umps would have to defend all those incidents and make a case why they picked Ballantyne's.

Ps I don't think Ballantyne is going to sue.

And you actually bothered to think that through?

But anyway back to fantasy land .. His case would be about victimisation. There are thousands of incidents where by a player pushes bumps holds or blocks a player 5m away. Why pay it now?

Tape would roll showing all the thousands and thousands of pissy contact that goes on off the ball and the umps would have to defend all those incidents and make a case why they picked Ballantyne's.

Ps I don't think Ballantyne is going to sue.
you actually think he would be successful suing the AFL for that free kick?

Anyone defending that free kick is a ******* moron.

There are thousands of contacts like that every game. As an umpire you have to have some sort of feel for the game - it's plainly obvious they set out to make a statement against Ballantyne and they picked out a ludicrous incident to do it.

The fact the umpiring department just tick that off without a second thought greatly concerns me.

177811_b1b645b1794a51f8e92f6649b7ee5224.gif

Nothing to see here, play on.

Umpire: "It wasn't my fault, my view was restricted by the big guy sniping Fyfe off the ball".
What point are you trying to make here? that Fyfe should have got a free? in that case so should suckling?

Or are you happy for Fyfe, Suckling and other players to be taken out like this without repercussions.

What point are you trying to make here? that Fyfe should have got a free? in that case so should suckling?

Or are you happy for Fyfe, Suckling and other players to be taken out like this without repercussions.
Suckling wasn't "taken out". He felt slight contact and took a dive.

Fyfe was taken out, right in front of the umpire. The blatant bias is obvious, this is merely one example.

Suckling wasn't "taken out". He felt slight contact and took a dive.

Fyfe was taken out, right in front of the umpire. The blatant bias is obvious, this is merely one example.
OK, hypothetically it was a dive.
Ballantyne or Walters never take a dive from slight contact for a goal before? - yes, many many many times
I assume that you where up in arms when these happened? or did you cheer them on?

OK, hypothetically it was a dive.
Ballantyne or Walters never take a dive from slight contact for a goal before? - yes, many many many times
I assume that you where up in arms when these happened? or did you cheer them on?
If you deflect any further from the topic, you're going to need a compass to get back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back