Umpiring moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Pazza would be the best person to take a stab at that one mate.

They have in the past used more than two on occasions in H & A games in the Premier divisions I think. I guess numbers could be an issue for it to be of a more permanent nature. Not to mention the additional costs. Got merit as an idea though.:thumbsu:

Has happened in lower grades with brothers and sisters working together but it probably needs to happen more but really you could only do it properly at finals time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"second rate" pffft I'll have you know the WRFL is fourth rate, at best!

When my sons stopped umpiring so did I, since then it has been Sat & Sun chasing around for No1 and Sun for No2. I've got a great photo of the three of us when we umpired the same game together, and it was fun mentoring the academy kids just starting out. But boy did I see some s**t football and feral crowds...

Hearty congratulations to the great man Macca (Steve McCarthy) this weekend, field umpiring the International Cup Grand Final at the MCG as a curtain raiser to the Hawks/Cats game. There's no other feeling like standing in the middle of the G and feeling your spine tingle as THAT siren goes. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back