PS4 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Remove this Banner Ad

They will be pissed. Unless the game is great they are going to lose more money than MS gave them, they are shutting out PS4 PC and PS3, that is a f**k load of week 1 money they are going to miss for TR. and if the game is on a 6-month exclusive deal and comes out the same time as Uncharted is delayed to it could kill any chanced to continue the franchise. SE would be shitting themselves now because unless TR is a solid game that can still sell millions of copies on PS4/3 and PC then the deal with MS will be a deathblow for the series. It was always going to take it big hit with it being the same window as Uncharted but with Uncharted being delayed it will cost them more, they had better of taken a huge pay off for them to come out with more money than they are risking by cutting out most gamers. And then when it gets a PS4/PC release they will lose casual gamers who thing why pay $80 for a game that came out X months ago? The worst case for SE is a 6 month window and it could kill the franchise, but if its only a 3 month exclusive they should be able to take the hit. but right now they will be having accountants working out if they MS money is worth the risk of losing the PS4 and PC sales. and those lack of sales will show up in a quarterly stock meetings next year.

I trust ND with the delay, It means they wont be rushing the game. and they delayed The Last of Us twice after giving it a release date, and there was a "Delay" before them when it only had a year for its release. And i think we were being too optomistic about it coming 2015 after we found out they had changed parts of the story and added Troy Barker as Nate's brother.

Fair enough, although a lot of that is based on assumption.
We don't know what SE got from MS, we don't know the whole agreement in terms of marketing, resources etc that could come on top of the initial outlay.
We don't know who long it will be exclusive and we don't know when UC4 will even be released.
In fact, we don't even know the release of TR yet either.

I maintain that this is more of a positive for TR than anything, but regardless of release dates, if the game is as good as the last one it'll sell bucket loads no matter when it comes out and PS people will jump on whenever it gets released.

Anyway, I just hope it doesn't end the franchise, absolutely loved the last game and have high hopes for the next one.

Yeah I'm betting on an uncharted collection coming this Christmas if possible

Listening to a podcast with a couple of the guys from ND it seemed they were all hands on deck just for UC4. Even calling on assistance from the "Last of Us Team" to make sure they had the resources to get the game right.

So I'd be guessing it would be a massive long shot for a collection to come out, unless they were getting more people involved to help with the collection as well?

word is that SE only got $10M for the exclusive window, they are going to lose more than that by shutting out PS4 and PC. that is chump change when MS threw $2.5B at minecraft.
I think it would've been closer to the $50mil mark they gave for the timed exclusive GTA IV episodes minus whatever they're chipping in to help with development, no way would a company overlook majority of game sales from the console it sells best on just for $10mil.

Not sure how this will play out for SE with TR to be honest, it could very well make them push it back it just for 'added polish' & release it alongside or just before Uncharted 4, so far all we know is that they were hoping for a holiday 2015 release.

As good as the reboot was ROTTR isn't even my most anticipated SE game, i'm hoping we finally see FFXV after almost a decade of development limbo lol.

Listening to a podcast with a couple of the guys from ND it seemed they were all hands on deck just for UC4. Even calling on assistance from the "Last of Us Team" to make sure they had the resources to get the game right.

So I'd be guessing it would be a massive long shot for a collection to come out, unless they were getting more people involved to help with the collection as well?

There was a rumor last year were that some other studio was handling the ports, it might of been whoever made the Vita game.

I think it would've been closer to the $50mil mark they gave for the timed exclusive GTA IV episodes minus whatever they're chipping in to help with development, no way would a company overlook majority of game sales from the console it sells best on just for $10mil.

Not sure how this will play out for SE with TR to be honest, it could very well make them push it back it just for 'added polish' & release it alongside or just before Uncharted 4, so far all we know is that they were hoping for a holiday 2015 release.

As good as the reboot was ROTTR isn't even my most anticipated SE game, i'm hoping we finally see FFXV after almost a decade of development limbo lol.

there were some insiders who were saying it was around the $10M mark. which is real low when SE sunk $100M into the first game to get the IP and reboot the series, IIRC it took a long time for the game to make money.

Yeah I'm betting on an uncharted collection coming this Christmas if possible

Nah I don't think so imo, it would take more than 9 months to get it together. Just look at Master Chief Collection for rushed and poorly put together packages. Plus Uncharted 4 was coming out then and if it was already in the works to be coming out this year it would've canabilised the sales for Uncharted 4.

Nah I don't think so imo, it would take more than 9 months to get it together. Just look at Master Chief Collection for rushed and poorly put together packages. Plus Uncharted 4 was coming out then and if it was already in the works to be coming out this year it would've canabilised the sales for Uncharted 4.

There has been talk that some of the smaller sony studios have been working on it for the last year. It would be a nice surprise at E3.

E3 Gameplay

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So those at E3 got to play the end of that mission it looks like?

Tomorrow the media will get to play the 2nd half. and Bruce and Neil said it was going to be behind closed doors so we wont get to see any off screen footage, and the 2nd half has a story spoiler in it. Unless they have a 3rd demo they are doing this week. man BCD demos are normally amazing the one for bloodborne last year was said to blow minds.

But they said the fans wont get to see it for a bit longer, so might be at Paris otherwise PSX. The game looks amazing right now the 1080p screens and the stuff they have carried over from the previous games and what they discovered on TLoU. Naughty Dog are true gods. Wish they announced a release date or at least collectors editions unless they are planing some collectible that they havent shown yet. But somehow they managed to make a more epic gameplay clip than Uncharted 2 did at E3 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back