Uncommon/unpopular gaming opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Steam sales are overrated. If you really wanted the game you'd buy it or alternatively pirate it and pay nothing when it was still relevant if you want to brag

For me Steam and by extension their sales and other game site sales that allow you to D/L to steam is about the community and ease of use as much as the price.

Knowing that you can get PC games for $5-15 within about a year of release and knowing when steam sales are allows you to buy in bulk.
There are so many games available and so many other forms of entertainment that there is less need to buy Day One, unless you're desperate to play a certain game.

I don't understand why you say someone would just pirate a game or buy it at $60 new when everyone knows of the sales?
Not only is having everything on Steam soooo much easier - it also tracks your stats and has achievements (which a lot of people love), plus they have servers for online games that are free and adequate. Then there is the community feel of being able to show off your game collection, and find a bargain. It's great fun to shop through the sales and get a great price on a bundle or couple of games.

LA Noire was enjoyable.

There needs to be less focus on trying to be an all in one entertainment and paid online services box and more on being a gaming console. Nintendo are the only ones doing it right.

Steam sales are overrated. If you really wanted the game you'd buy it or alternatively pirate it and pay nothing when it was still relevant if you want to brag.

FIFA is only good when you turn all the rules off, its too boring of a sport to try and simulate realism.
Woop.

I don't understand why you say someone would just pirate a game or buy it at $60 new when everyone knows of the sales?

It's more about the people that brag and use steam sales as a massive plus for PC against consoles, it's why so many people have massive steam libraries full of un-played games, had they really wanted the game they would've got it months ago when everyone was playing it not just "I'll buy it now because it's cheap" hence the piracy comment, paying nothing for a game at release is a better brag than "hey guys remember that game you all played 6 months ago, i just got it cheap, hurr durr silly console peasants"

It'd be like me going to cash converters and picking up a year old PS3 game for $9 and then bragging that i paid $60 less than everyone else.

It's just one of the many odd fanboy arguments i come across on forums that had me thinking, that's all.

It's more about the people that brag and use steam sales as a massive plus for PC against consoles, it's why so many people have massive steam libraries full of un-played games, had they really wanted the game they would've got it months ago when everyone was playing it not just "I'll buy it now because it's cheap" hence the piracy comment, paying nothing for a game at release is a better brag than "hey guys remember that game you all played 6 months ago, i just got it cheap, hurr durr silly console peasants"

It'd be like me going to cash converters and picking up a year old PS3 game for $9 and then bragging that i paid $60 less than everyone else.

It's just one of the many odd fanboy arguments i come across on forums that had me thinking, that's all.

Ah I see, so it's the people rather than the sales.
I agree with you there, I see people bragging all the time about getting the full collection of a certain game and saying they'll never play it.

While others seem to find it cool to have 1000 unplayed games...I mean it's great they're supporting game companies, but it honestly makes no sense.
I actually play the games I buy on steam.

Ah I see, so it's the people rather than the sales.
I agree with you there, I see people bragging all the time about getting the full collection of a certain game and saying they'll never play it.

While others seem to find it cool to have 1000 unplayed games...I mean it's great they're supporting game companies, but it honestly makes no sense.
I've sort of become the same type of person with my PS3 collection ... although I know which games I know I will never play so I could get rid of them.

It's more about the people that brag and use steam sales as a massive plus for PC against consoles

Most of the people who say "Well sure PC's are more expensive but the games are cheaper" end up spending the same amount of money if not more on games going overboard during Steam Sales.

One of the reasons I wouldn't mind making the transition to PC gaming is things like steam sales will help me become a patient gamer as there would be an incentive to wait until the price drops.

Shocking habit of getting hyped for a new release, buying games and barely playing them:

-- LA Noire: day one purchase, about five hours played
-- GTA V: day one purchase, about one hour played
-- Luigi's Mansion 2: day one purchase, never played
-- The Last of Us: purchased for Xmas, never opened

On that note, I cannot wait for Captain Toad to be released in Jan 2015 :p

One of the reasons I wouldn't mind making the transition to PC gaming is things like steam sales will help me become a patient gamer as there would be an incentive to wait until the price drops.

Shocking habit of getting hyped for a new release, buying games and barely playing them:

-- LA Noire: day one purchase, about five hours played
-- GTA V: day one purchase, about one hour played
-- Luigi's Mansion 2: day one purchase, never played
-- The Last of Us: purchased for Xmas, never opened

On that note, I cannot wait for Captain Toad to be released in Jan 2015 :p
Don't get me started on games bought and never touched.

Prof. Layton vs Phoenix Wright.
Tales of Xillia 2
Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 3
Tales of Graces f
Final Fantasy 13 and XIII-2
Nier
Last of us Remastered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Last of Us is incredibly overrated. The storyline wasn't that great and the enemy AI was laughable.

Did you complete the game or get bored early on?

Red Dead Redemption is the best game ever made

I dont think you get the point of this thread. UNcommon or UNpopular.

i dont know how unpopular mine is. but i cant stand the layout of the Xbox controllers. i grew up playing the NES/SNES and then PS1 and so on. Never had the N64, and most of my family and friends were also Playstation households. So i prefer the D-pad on top with analog sticks bottom like they have been since they introduced them later on in PS1 gen.

Ive had Xbox and 360 but could never stand the swapping of left analog and D-pad. and will get a Xbone if they ever get first-party games im interested in.

I thought it made no sense like that as well, but for me i put it down to a hobby that some enjoy collecting games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back