Under 15 State Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

another player unlucky to miss out on the under 15 team was Jay Canterbury. He had a broke foot for the first bit of the season, but has amazing skills in the air and bearly ever drops a mark. he also shut down Ben Lennon in the YJFL, out marking him and keeping him to just one goal and kicked 4 himself.

Went to School with Ben Lennon and can confirm the bloke is a freakshow.
He was several years younger than my year but would occasionally have a kick around us and just lives for his footy. Been to see him play a few times at Macleod, and watched him play school football. Skills are excellent on both feet, and possesses a nice leap to go fantastic reading of the ball in flight.

I have seen many talented kids before but Ben just stands out like a sore thumb in my eyes. Has a fantastic attitude too so I'd be very surprised if this kid doesnt go places.

few YJFL kids that will deffinaltly make this years SSV U/15 metro boys state squad, there is actually quite alot of raw talent this year
Nicholas Meerman-Kew Rovers
Christian Petracca-Beverley Hills
Reece Mclenzie-Ivanhoe(colts)
Darcy Moore-Kew Comets
Adam Croxford-Kew Comets
Dimitri Panotis-Kew Comets
----^definatlly make it^----
Luca Rannelone-Kew Comets
Jordan Korfiatis-Greythorn Falcons
Fraser Pearce-Kew Rovers
Billy Murphy-Kew Comets
Ambrose Willet-Kew Rovers
Charlie Millar Kew Rovers
Tagan Carter-Surrey Park
Cam Friend- Kew Rovers
Joshua Iacobaccio-St Marys
Tom Blake-Camberwell Sharks
---^Good chance^-----
all interleague players
yes, no ?

U15 team .. Did any one watch the kid from Brisbane at the game today ..he looks strong and fast , ran with the ball a number of times , good hands ,
He was part of Brisbane Lions young group . Tyron Boorman I think .
Should make the team this year ....Steve

Don't get me wrong, the u15 comp is great and a good stepping stone for players to get there name out there. BUT the comp doesn't really have the stars of the state. Too many bloke miss out because the selection process relies on blokes putting their names down rather than finding the best.

If you don't understand what i mean just wait until the u16 side is released and you will see a bunch of new names and some of the blokes you thought were good will miss out.

Don't get me wrong, the u15 comp is great and a good stepping stone for players to get there name out there. BUT the comp doesn't really have the stars of the state. Too many bloke miss out because the selection process relies on blokes putting their names down rather than finding the best.

If you don't understand what i mean just wait until the u16 side is released and you will see a bunch of new names and some of the blokes you thought were good will miss out.

So true it happens every year, tom mitchell (possibly best under 18 in the country atm) missed out on under 15's for vm before moving to WA

I was at the under 15 State Try Outs at Todd Road a few weeks ago, and there were two guys that should defenitley have made it, that didnt.
1) Josh Steen, best player for Haileybury year 8 team last year, from Haileybury College, bottom age, and very good runner.
2) Bill Gowers, played in the Yarra 1st's last year, from Xavier College, has great skills, and reads the ball extreamley well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back