Under 15 State Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

I played against both these sides in the carnival at maroochydore. The Vic Metro team was soft this year, Foward line was not up to it and most of there goals were kicked by midfielders. Vic Country were a much better side and went hard

Only because, as Vic Metro has been so dominant in recent years, the powers that be decided this year that Dandenong and Geelong (2 power house areas for AFL) are now in the country !!!!
I was in Dandenong last wek and I didn't see many farmers or sheep ? maybe they were hiding from the residents !!!

All Australian Team
Australian Football - 2009​

.​
NAME STATE/TERRITORY
1 BEN SYMONS ACT
2 STEPHEN WRAY NSW
3 JED ANDERSON NT
4 DAMIAN WILLIAMS NT
5 JAKE NEADE NT
6 CLAY CAMERON QLD
7 TYRONE BRIMBLE QLD
8 JAMES IVES QLD
9 JOCK OATES QLD
10 JESSE MURPHY VIC C
11 JAKE STRINGER VIC C
12 TOM THORSEN VIC C
13 BRODY MAHONEY VIC C
14 TIMOTHY MEMBREY VIC C
15 LACHIE WHITFIELD VIC M
16 TOM TEMAY VIC M
17 SEAN BOLGER VIC M
18 BRENDON LIM WA 1
19 COREY CHALMERS WA 1
20 JAEGER O.MEARA WA 1
21 ADAM CARTER WA 1
DAYLE GARLETT WA 2

thats the all australian squad....trying not to play favourites or anything but james ives is a player. I think he was number 22 at the champs but i think he will go a long way. Only small but very strong, very clean, plays tall has pace and nice skills. Player to watch out for.

Also wanted to know if any one knows about bonnadio from VM. Heard alot bout him and didnt hear bout him at all at the champs

All Australian Team​

Australian Football - 2009

NAME STATE/TERRITORY
1 BEN SYMONS ACT
2 STEPHEN WRAY NSW
3 JED ANDERSON NT
4 DAMIAN WILLIAMS NT
5 JAKE NEADE NT
6 CLAY CAMERON QLD
7 TYRONE BRIMBLE QLD
8 JAMES IVES QLD
9 JOCK OATES QLD
10 JESSE MURPHY VIC C
11 JAKE STRINGER VIC C
12 TOM THORSEN VIC C
13 BRODY MAHONEY VIC C
14 TIMOTHY MEMBREY VIC C
15 LACHIE WHITFIELD VIC M
16 TOM TEMAY VIC M
17 SEAN BOLGER VIC M
18 BRENDON LIM WA 1
19 COREY CHALMERS WA 1
20 JAEGER O.MEARA WA 1
21 ADAM CARTER WA 1

DAYLE GARLETT WA 2

thats the all australian squad....trying not to play favourites or anything but james ives is a player. I think he was number 22 at the champs but i think he will go a long way. Only small but very strong, very clean, plays tall has pace and nice skills. Player to watch out for.

Also wanted to know if any one knows about bonnadio from VM. Heard alot bout him and didnt hear bout him at all at the champs
Ives definately had a good carnival. However the other 3 Qld boys were a supprise. They all have the talent but were not even close to being the best during the carnival. Crook, Brown, Edwards and Jones were tough to miss out, and Paulke at CHB for 5 games had only 1 goal scored on him

Has anyone got any reports on illness to other teams during the carnival. Qld had a bout of something go through a 3rd of the boys on the Sunday night. One ended up in hospital on a drip and didnt recover until the last game Vs Vic C. Pretty sad event for a few that didnt get to play at there best. Would have loved to have seen the boys fully fit Vs Vic C and WA1, to have got a better /closer result. Yea Vic C were pretty awesome. If it also true that Dandenong is no longer Metro and classed as Country, could have something to do with the decline of Metro

Pig Flu maybe ????

Yeah - both Geelong and Dandy are VC - both powerhouses of Vic footy. Geelong Falcon are the best TAC team by a fair margin.
I still haven't seen any sheep of cows in Dandy recently - maybe they keep them inside their house ???

Thanks RMercadi,
Number 10 for Vic C was pretty stiff not to make All Aust, he was a Geelong boy from St Joeys and captain, I think. Is he a Falcon??

And they won the YJFL U15 Div 1 by a mile ..

Kew Rovers U15 has more superstars in it's YJFL Gold Team - just doesn't have the depth of Ivanhoe as it is a very small club.
Below the first 6 the talent thins out - unlike Ivanhoe who have 18 even standard players.

Kew Rovers U15 has more superstars in it's YJFL Gold Team - just doesn't have the depth of Ivanhoe as it is a very small club.
Below the first 6 the talent thins out - unlike Ivanhoe who have 18 even standard players.
Point taken - but I think the top 6 matchups are pretty close, esp. as a number of them played on each other.

Kew were always going to struggle against the Hoes given their recruitment(sic) but they held them well in the first 2 quarters.
It wasn't til John Mc, Jack Mc and Lee A ran out of legs holding them that the Hoes took over. Shame the depth was not there for Kew to make it a closer game in the final half.

Corey Chalmers will be a gun. Made AA state 15s (see above) and captained his local side to the flag this year winning the club and league best and fairests. Superstar and good mates, super kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apparently the selectors mixed up tom temay with nathan hrovat!! wouldnt be surprised hrovat is an absolute gun and its a joke that hes not in the team

surely that couldnt happen? in saying that they do both look quite similar.
Hrovat is a gun but not a great person on the occassions ive met him he has seemed very arrogant and sure of himself.

On another note Anthony Bonnadio was the boy who was struck down with o.p during the carnival. A real shame actually because he was with out a doubt the best player in the v.m team.

Hrovat is a gun but not a great person on the occassions ive met him he has seemed very arrogant and sure of himself.
Nathan is a terrific team mate and leader whose enthusiasm, work rate and preparation has been a role model to all who line up with him. He's a credit to himself and his family - and he just loves his footy .. and was a part of the Vic team that won the 2009 Australasian Gaelic Games Minor( U17 ) cup

im_day4_VicvQLD_minor.jpg

Minors grand final: WA v Vic

Home side Victoria put on an impressive display to overcome Western Australia in the minor grand final to take the trophy from the fancied defending champions.
The Victorians put the first points on the board with Nathan Hrovat kicking a goal in the early stages of the game, while WA couldn’t find the posts, kicking high balls into the wind. Bill Clemett put WA’s first point on the board but Victoria kept chipping away and a goal late in the half to Kris Neil put the home side well ahead at half time, 2-5 0-3.
Victoria looked like a side in control as they kept the upper hand through the second half, but a goal for WA punched in by Hayden Burgoyne gave the visitors heart.
The Victorians hit back soon after with another goal to Nathan Hrovat, but WA didn’t give up, turning over the ball to maintain territory in the last stages of the game.
But the West Australians couldn’t capitalise with the points they needed, and Victoria stayed ahead for the 3-10 1-7 win.

Nathan is a terrific team mate and leader whose enthusiasm, work rate and preparation has been a role model to all who line up with him. He's a credit to himself and his family - and he just loves his footy .. and was a part of the Vic team that won the 2009 Australasian Gaelic Games Minor( U17 ) cup

im_day4_VicvQLD_minor.jpg

Minors grand final: WA v Vic

Home side Victoria put on an impressive display to overcome Western Australia in the minor grand final to take the trophy from the fancied defending champions.
The Victorians put the first points on the board with Nathan Hrovat kicking a goal in the early stages of the game, while WA couldn’t find the posts, kicking high balls into the wind. Bill Clemett put WA’s first point on the board but Victoria kept chipping away and a goal late in the half to Kris Neil put the home side well ahead at half time, 2-5 0-3.
Victoria looked like a side in control as they kept the upper hand through the second half, but a goal for WA punched in by Hayden Burgoyne gave the visitors heart.
The Victorians hit back soon after with another goal to Nathan Hrovat, but WA didn’t give up, turning over the ball to maintain territory in the last stages of the game.
But the West Australians couldn’t capitalise with the points they needed, and Victoria stayed ahead for the 3-10 1-7 win.

i know he's a terrific player but not a great person..

Only WA and NT playing this year

The rest are not coming ..... too far to go!!!!

Look at the problems that Collingwood has in going outside Melbourne.

:)

You're kidding - what a bunch of sooks :rolleyes: (that includes Collingwood)

WA kids usually have to travel/pay to go over east for all sports - not just footy.

I suppose the Easterners will have their own games??

Kew were always going to struggle against the Hoes given their recruitment(sic) but they held them well in the first 2 quarters.
It wasn't til John Mc, Jack Mc and Lee A ran out of legs holding them that the Hoes took over. Shame the depth was not there for Kew to make it a closer game in the final half.

played in the winning u13's and u14's Gold flags for Kew Rovers.

Kew didn't recruit and that is the only reason ivanhoe won the flag in 2009.
-ivanhoe basically took the best 1-2 players from every club just so they could beat Rovers. To me, at juior level is just wrong.

GO ROVERS!!!

played in the winning u13's and u14's Gold flags for Kew Rovers.

Kew didn't recruit and that is the only reason ivanhoe won the flag in 2009.
-ivanhoe basically took the best 1-2 players from every club just so they could beat Rovers. To me, at juior level is just wrong.

GO ROVERS!!!

Yeah, I saw the Ivanhoe Gold Under 15's play before my Colts game the other week, and they weren't that skilled, just massive.
They appear to have recruited every over-sized U15 around.
I doubt any of them will go on to do much, as they are look like they have all just grown up too fast.
It looked like the wrong age groups were playing each other !!!
But sounds typical of Ivanhoe, they seem to be following the lead of St Mary's - Win at all costs.

Yeah, I saw the Ivanhoe Gold Under 15's play before my Colts game the other week, and they weren't that skilled, just massive.
They appear to have recruited every over-sized U15 around.
I doubt any of them will go on to do much, as they are look like they have all just grown up too fast.
It looked like the wrong age groups were playing each other !!!
But sounds typical of Ivanhoe, they seem to be following the lead of St Mary's - Win at all costs.

I know the coach, and a few players of the U/15s
They're all living in the area, or school mates of boys who do.
Nothing suss there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back