Darcy Moore
Benjamin Lennon
Luke McDonald
Jack Edwards
Reece McKenzie
Max Hayes
Elliot Le Grice
Alexander Spencer

played in the winning u13's and u14's Gold flags for Kew Rovers.

Kew didn't recruit and that is the only reason ivanhoe won the flag in 2009.
-ivanhoe basically took the best 1-2 players from every club just so they could beat Rovers. To me, at juior level is just wrong.

GO ROVERS!!!

kew were a team of individuals not a team of champions, we won fair and square ;)

Re: Under 15 State Squad -2010

Shaun MacDonald
Jake Smith
Blake Pearson
Billy Hartung
Matt Hooy
Ashley Collins
Shane Tarr
Dylan Anderson
Jack Billings
Alexander Urban
Christian Salem
Will Blakey
Hugh Curnow
Jake Greiser
Scott Whillas
Thomas Wing
Jayden Luca
Darcy Moore
Benjamin Lennon
Luke McDonald
Jack Edwards
Reece McKenzie
Max Hayes
Elliot Le Grice
Alexander Spencer
Blake pearson is a jet, will be very flashy at the carnival as youd expect, explosive speed, classy skills and very loud, expect to see his name everywhere.
The tall full forward from brighton i dont know his name( i will soon) but i watched him against skevs and tore it up at the start, does have a bit of a temper which he needs to sort out, at vic trials i think he was played out of position a bit which didnt suit him he should be put at full forward and not around the rest of the ground. from the games i have watched him play he will be a hard matchup for opposing teams.
christian salem was very impressive off the half back flank in the final 5o trials, very calm and composed. if he plays like that during the carnival he will be right up there for all-australian.
I dont know what theyre doing down at brighton but it is an impressive year for them with 5 in the metro team.
ONE TO WATCH....Look out for dylan anderson at the carnival, the kid has enermous potential, by far the best player in gippsland power under 15's this year, strong, athletic player that can play pretty much any position. One of the toughest players ive seen for a long time, probably got in for his chase down tackles when he demolished some kids at the trials, didnt get alot of the footy but didnt need to with the pressure he applied, very fit, i found out that he also competed at the state cross country championships. is a natural born leader, i have been very impressed with his year so far, i will be keeping a close eye on him and im sure alot of others will too as he is from a suburb further out so most metro blokes dont know alot about him, if he can get his confidence up during the carnival and demand the ball, his teammates will have a lot of respect for him, expect him to hit the scene with a BOOM.
I was also impressed with number 4 from the green team at the final 50, i dont know if he got in, i will found out a bit more and let you guys know what i can. hope this helps those interested.........

Looks like VICs are sending over 2 U15s teams to WA, Qld 1, NSW 1, NT 1 and ACT 1 - where's SA??

sm

hugh curnows is without a doubt the best junior player i have ever seen.
skilled, tough and explosived speed. great team player and shows great dedicatiom. not only is he a sensational player he is also a great person and would be the perfect choice for captain

dont get me wrong curnow is a great player, but he is definately not in the top half dozen players in the team

My take on (in my opinion) some of the best players in this year's state team

Jack Billings is a fantastic player. He is a brilliant kick off both feet, and even though I haven't seen much of him, he's impressed me, and I think he's going places. Christian Salem is an absolute freakshow (in a good way). I saw him kick 4 goals for the Brighton Grammar 1st XVIII in their match against Melbourne Grammar on Saturday. He kicked a 55+ metre goal from the boundary line. His pace and composure is amazing, and he can great off his non-preferred. If this kid doesn't make All-Australian, something's wrong. Hugh Curnow, read the above posts. I agree, but on a lesser level. He's brilliant, but not so amazing as you make him out to be. Blake Pearson is a bloody gun. He's a fast, skilled and strong, and yes, he would probably be the perfect choice for captain. I saw Ben Lennon play at one of the trial games, and some of his games for Macleod in the YJFL. He's an incredible player, and looks like he's going to make a big impact at the carnival. Max Hayes is a another Brighton Grammar student (one of four in the team, one of six who made the top 50). His attack on the footy is awesome, and his size gives him a massive advantage.

Tom Havers (Scotch College) and Josh Kelly (Brighton Grammar, again) are pretty unlucky to have missed out. Havers is an amazing player, with a ton of great attributes but seems to have some temperamental and restraint issues. Kelly, on the other hand, is the opposite. I've seen him play for Brighton Grammar and East Brighton, and his skills are simply sublime. I've also heard they both made the U12 State Team (yeah, I know, Under 12s, but still). Having said that, every player in the team thoroughly deserved their spot. And, looking at Brighton Grammar, with an overwhelming six players to make the State Top 50, and four of those six earning a spot in the squad, one can only ask: what's in the water down in Brighton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotch and Brighton will be looking good in '13.

Yep. Both teams have a great depth of talent, but Brighton 9A team seems to be lacking some of the class from their previous years, presumably because of the void left by the departure of Hayes and Salem to the 1st XVIII teams. Scotch and Brighton could turn out to be fierce rivals in coming years, although St. Kevin's and Haileybury (who currently do not possess the strongest of teams below Year 10 level) will probably splurge and pick up a few new players on scholarships. Carey Grammar could also go and give away a few scholarships to players at the U15 State Carnival in Perth in a few months (again).

Saw both final 50 games. To answer a few earlier posts :

- 4 for green was ben lennon
- 3 U14s that I am aware of (Reece McKenzie, Darcy Moore, Alex Urban)
- thought lennon, salem and pearson were the standouts
- thought josh kelly unlucky too
- have seen enough of havers to know he should have made it but based on those 2 games he would have been lucky

note that 7 players have been selected from YJFL
Darcy Moore, Reece McKenzie, Shaun MacDonald, Jack Billings, Ben Lennon, Luke McDonald and Hugh Curnow
Yarra dominated the victorian metro carnival last year so it is no suprise a quater of the team is from that league.
thoughts on these players?

note that 7 players have been selected from YJFL
Darcy Moore, Reece McKenzie, Shaun MacDonald, Jack Billings, Ben Lennon, Luke McDonald and Hugh Curnow
Yarra dominated the victorian metro carnival last year so it is no suprise a quater of the team is from that league.
thoughts on these players?

curnow, lennon and mcdonald are standouts in 15 division 1 yjfl from what i've heard.. curnow is a very good player as is mcdonald who is a ball winner with flashy skills

This might be a bit too far into the future, but who do you guys think from this U15 State Team, and maybe others, could quite possible play AFL in the near future?
I think:
Jack Billings (Scotch College): Solid player, great attitude, going places.
Hugh Curnow (Trinity Grammar): Talented player with a great future ahead of him.
Christian Salem (Brighton Grammar): Supremely talented and gifted footballer who could quite easily play AFL, especially if he finds a way to settle into school life and mature a bit.
Matt Hoy (Brighton Grammar): Might not have the strongest reputation amongst other state footballers, but I saw him play two games for Brighton and his leadership qualities and team values are amazing. His skills and athelticism are also excellent.
Joshua Kelly (Brighton Grammar): He may not have made the team, but this kid has shown amazing talent and a huge capacity to play great football. He is mature and professional about his football, shows great potential, and if he grows up and out he might be looking at a strong career in football.

A player in the Vic Metro U15 team has been injured, and Josh Kelly has been selected to take his place. Bad luck to the injured player, but congratulations and good luck to Kelly.

A player in the Vic Metro U15 team has been injured, and Josh Kelly has been selected to take his place. Bad luck to the injured player, but congratulations and good luck to Kelly.

how did you find this out?
and dont you think its a bit unfair on other boys that kelly gets an immediate call up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back