Under 17's/14's

Remove this Banner Ad

Newton Blues

Team Captain
Sep 11, 2007
Stawell
AFL Club
Carlton
Ok so how are all the sides looking? predicted ladders?

Under 17's

Edenhope
Harrow
Kalkee
Lahurum
Pimpinio
Quantong
Great western
Swifts
Rupunyup
Taylors Lake
Natimuk

Im not sure on a few there feel free to adjust for me... I no great western will drop off alot

Under 14's

Swifts
Pimp
Kalkee
Quantong
Harrow
EdenHope
Lahurum
Rupunyup
Taylors Lake
Great Western
Natimuk

Under 17's

Edenhope
Harrow
Kalkee
Lahurum
Pimpinio
Quantong
Great western
Swifts
Rupunyup
Taylors Lake
Natimuk

I don't think harrow will be up there. their better players have gone up and i think they will drop off.
Quantong havent lost many and i believe they will be contenders.
And great western will be up there.

Under 17's

Edenhope
Harrow
Kalkee
Lahurum
Pimpinio
Quantong
Great western
Swifts
Rupunyup
Taylors Lake
Natimuk

I don't think harrow will be up there. their better players have gone up and i think they will drop off.
Quantong havent lost many and i believe they will be contenders.
And great western will be up there.

theres noway great western be up there

oh okay then. i wasnt too sure. just going from last year.
Tell us your thoughts. Why will they or why wont they "be up there"? How many top agers out? How many top agers this year?

Saw the Kees in a praccy match againts Horsham Saints this evening. Kalkee had three big names out (Matt Magee, Ben Webster & Tanner Smith). It was a pretty even match but I think the Fish eaters came out on top. Would expect Kalkee to be just in the five this year and then right up there next year.

they have a few people going up like tommy cairns and vaughn. but cairns didnt play to many games. im not too sure about who they have. do you know if nic taylor is still playing?

they have a few people going up like tommy cairns and vaughn. but cairns didnt play to many games. im not too sure about who they have. do you know if nic taylor is still playing?

Due to overage they have lost:

Vaughan, Cairns, Mccartney, Salmon, Emmett, Matherson, Barwell, Nuske, Hustler, Kindred, Jones, Stewart(missed last half),

Lost due to moving on to other clubs

Mcdonald (Stawell), Ellis (stawell), Cain (swifts)

Also Nic Taylor is out round 1 vs swifts could change a result to a swift win...

I don't think swifts or Great Western junior teams will make finals ..
They continue too struggle like every year ..

Moose how are the kee's under 14's looking have they lost many?
Had nine go up to Under 17's this year. They really struggled against the Sainters. A very small side this year so will slide down the ladder a bit I would expect.

Had nine go up to Under 17's this year. They really struggled against the Sainters. A very small side this year so will slide down the ladder a bit I would expect.

Thanks for the insight i think swifts under 14s will be a very strong side lost about 4-5 picked up about 6 and there dominate players except from mitch jones will all be in the side from last year.

For the under 17s they will struggle will be a close game against the western should win... they all i can comment on though lost a few and picked up about 5

Due to overage they have lost:

Vaughan, Cairns, Mccartney, Salmon, Emmett, Matherson, Barwell, Nuske, Hustler, Kindred, Jones, Stewart(missed last half),

Lost due to moving on to other clubs

Mcdonald (Stawell), Ellis (stawell), Cain (swifts)

Also Nic Taylor is out round 1 vs swifts could change a result to a swift win...

ok then, i didn't know of all those outs.
whats puts edenhope and harrow top two?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard edenhope havent lost that many? and i dont know about ahrrow which club can you give insight on?

edenhope have had 8-9 kids go up. and lost 3-4. gained 5-6 from 14's plus 1, maybe 2 from harrow.

Heard harrow have lost quite a few. may just get a team.

Has this thread been forgotten about or what? Obviously Kalkee and NQ are the two teams that should play off in the Under 17 GF. They played each other on the weekend just gone and from what I saw I think Kalkee is the better team. Both teams had players(s) out due to the schoolboys (V-Line Cup, under 15's or what ever). But the Kees were the better team. They seemed to have answers for anything that NQ threw at them. NQ nullified bid Edgey at full forward but then could not cover Ben Webster. Wait til James Wolly, Jordy Johns & Jamie Nield rejoin the Kees team and NQ will have no hope!
In the Under 14's I think Swifts have it wrapped up.

I think your right moose although young salmi didnt play on the weekend for swifts left abit of a whole he is winning the goal kicking comfortably few injures could hurt and let the demons in with a chance.

With some recent big winning margins and many clubs struggling for numbers in the under 17's, the league is considering introducing a mercy rule and allowing overage players in the under 17's. I'm interested in hearing some opinions on this. Personally I think both rules have some merit but they would have to be more strictly enforced than what occurs in the under 14's.

In the under 14's some clubs still manage to enter winning margins far greater than the 60 point mercy rule allows and it is not being picked up by the league secretary, therefore allowing some clubs an unfair extra percentage. In the past some overage players have not been appropriately assessed and have been allowed to continue in the lower grade when they should be stepping up.

Also, is it fair to change the rules mid season?
Are there other things the league could be considering to help struggling clubs?

I'm not sure of the exact details but clubs with less than 14 players registered into the U17 age group can now play up to two overaage players and a 90 point mercy rule to be introduced from round 10 (after each team has played each other once).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back