Under 18's Div 1

Footy77

Draftee
Jul 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
EDS, although good, I think aren't as unbeatable as everyone is saying in the division 1 18's. The top 4 side including Hillside, Westmedows and Cragieburn will certainly give them a game come finals time with their full side.

Hillsides seniors won't make finals, therefore I'd be expecting their senior 18's to come back for the finals. They are always assumed strong and never thought they'd miss finals this year.
I think this new Westmeadows side is very underrated. Really come from no where this year to compete with teams such as EDS, Hillside and EDS. Under estimated names like Campbell, Heathcote, Saittia are proving that they have what it takes.
Craigieburn are the obvious choice to dominate once their 18s return. That is if they return. Names like Laffan, Stewart, and such would definitely through them up there for the flag.

Modicus

Rookie
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
EDS, although good, I think aren't as unbeatable as everyone is saying in the division 1 18's. The top 4 side including Hillside, Westmedows and Cragieburn will certainly give them a game come finals time with their full side.

Hillsides seniors won't make finals, therefore I'd be expecting their senior 18's to come back for the finals. They are always assumed strong and never thought they'd miss finals this year.
I think this new Westmeadows side is very underrated. Really come from no where this year to compete with teams such as EDS, Hillside and EDS. Under estimated names like Campbell, Heathcote, Saittia are proving that they have what it takes.
Craigieburn are the obvious choice to dominate once their 18s return. That is if they return. Names like Laffan, Stewart, and such would definitely through them up there for the flag.

Great post. At this point in timei don't think any side has been at full strength...so anything is possible really. EDS seem to have it sewn though by the look of their players to come back...

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Unless Craigieburn's 4 18s who play regularly in the seniors lose all form, they most likely won't be back, although I'm guessing all 4 will play the round 16 game at Hillside. Hillside with Coletta, Bertollo, Valpato (if he qualifies) are suddenly a very different beast and probably capable on the day of knocking off Douttas.

Still liking the EDS v Westy GF.

Footy77

Draftee
Jul 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Unless Craigieburn's 4 18s who play regularly in the seniors lose all form, they most likely won't be back, although I'm guessing all 4 will play the round 16 game at Hillside. Hillside with Coletta, Bertollo, Valpato (if he qualifies) are suddenly a very different beast and probably capable on the day of knocking off Douttas.

Yeah well looking at the fixture Hillside will have a tough run home playing Cragieburn and EDS, opposed to Westmeadows who have an easy run home until last round against Hillside. If Hillside drop the game against EDS or Cragieburn we will most likely see Westmeadows take 2nd spot again. Agreeing with everyone in this forum though.. Very good competition among the top 4 for finals. I will have to keep up to date with this division.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

You will find they qualify for there local clubs if they play TAC cup. Can even play in the seniors I think. Don't need to play a certain number of games. It's not like senior footy when "open age" VFL players nominate a club.
I'm sure I'm correct unless the rules have changed.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
You will find they qualify for there local clubs if they play TAC cup. Can even play in the seniors I think. Don't need to play a certain number of games. It's not like senior footy when "open age" VFL players nominate a club.
I'm sure I'm correct unless the rules have changed.

Yea, I'd heard that too but was unsure.

I just checked the TAC draw and their last round is on the 30th of Aug, so not much chance EDS will get their Cannons boys back and if Hillside do have those blokes, then look out.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yea, I'd heard that too but was unsure.

I just checked the TAC draw and their last round is on the 30th of Aug, so not much chance EDS will get their Cannons boys back and if Hillside do have those blokes, then look out.

Hearing some issues at the Western Jets. All is not well down there. Think they only have 1 win for the season so maybe it's the people in charge. IMO Jets are NOT one of the better clubs and results show. All bar s couple of season they are mostly under performing..

Modicus

Rookie
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do WM have any Cannons/Jets or kids playing Seniorst o come back?? Know anything about their coach??

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Hearing some issues at the Western Jets. All is not well down there. Think they only have 1 win for the season so maybe it's the people in charge. IMO Jets are NOT one of the better clubs and results show. All bar s couple of season they are mostly under performing..

Apart from the EDFL boys, who for the most part are pretty good players, don't really know a lot about them. Certainly not the strongest region.

Do WM have any Cannons/Jets or kids playing Seniorst o come back?? Know anything about their coach??

They don't have any Cannons/Jets I know of or if anyone plays seniors. I don't know anything about their coach either, but he's clearly doing a great job.

Canplaythisguy

All Australian
Dec 4, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
If any tac cup player plays 12 or more games at tac in one season then they are ineligible for under 18 competition finals. So volpato and coletta will not feature for hillside

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
If any tac cup player plays 12 or more games at tac in one season then they are ineligible for under 18 competition finals. So volpato and coletta will not feature for hillside

According to the TAC Cup website Coletta's on 10 games.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rumour Colletta won't play any more jets games but could play a game in the VFL development level. Either way my spies tell me he will definitely qualify for Hillside. Volpato will stay with Jets as his "hoping" to get drafted.

BigRed13

Draftee
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can tell you that Craigieburn will be at full strength this week for only the second time this year against Oak Park.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Rumour Colletta won't play any more jets games but could play a game in the VFL development level. Either way my spies tell me he will definitely qualify for Hillside. Volpato will stay with Jets as his "hoping" to get drafted.

Coletta will be a massive in for them. He has the ability to dominate a game in attack and defense. Best of luck to Jacko too. Would be just reward for all his hard work.

Can tell you that Craigieburn will be at full strength this week for only the second time this year against Oak Park.

Smart move by the club. A win here for Craigieburn should settle the top 4.

Modicus

Rookie
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
There coach Is a top bloke who has brought some discipline back is also a westy boy from juniors 2nd year in the job and has got them lookin scary good
Mmmm interesting. I had heard otherwise 're: their coach after the EDS game earlier in the year...thanks

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Good win by the Eagles. 8 + goals.
Eds beat Glenroy by 100.

Good win for us and a gutsy effort by Oak Park. Was really only a very good 3rd 1/4 which got us home.

Modicus

Rookie
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Got a chance to see Westmeadows in action yesterday. Don't think there is anything for the others in the top 4 to worry about..

Modicus

Rookie
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

Might have been on to something here. Not sure it will have an impact on the eventual outcome but the EDS vs TL result today just shows anything can happen. Well done to TL. Great effort

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Might have been on to something here. Not sure it will have an impact on the eventual outcome but the EDS vs TL result today just shows anything can happen. Well done to TL. Great effort

Mate said Taylors were just much better on the day. Looking forward to next weeks Hillside v Eagles game. Should be a beauty.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Eds had 15 fit 18s 2 under 16 div 3 players.

14 players out that could comeback in.
2 seniors
2 school footy
3 jets
4 injuries
3 unavailable.

Thought the list looked a bit light on. A loss won't hurt at all.

Got to give a wrap to East Keilor's, Chris Crosswell. Thought he was outstanding for them in yesterdays loss.

Back