Under 18's teams in 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i agree there the gordan bloke seem to just kick it to gunell when kicking out and that was there plan acoirding to there quater time hudle so i suppose if hepburn shut them down the game is theres.

that might be insightful if you could read the jibberish you've just wrote..

I feel Gordon may get the drop just on Hepburn judging from their form on the weekend. And Buninyong should be able to beat Bungaree if they played like they did on the weekend..

I feel Gordon may get the drop just on Hepburn judging from their form on the weekend. And Buninyong should be able to beat Bungaree if they played like they did on the weekend..

well lookin at the 2 times hepburn and gordan have meet hepburn have been able to beat them by a bit so you would think hepburn would go in favourites this week so that should be an exciting game

no way mate, buninyong will need to play a hell of a lot better than that to even come close. in case you missed it, hepburn still kicked 12 goals on the weekend and a man by the name of sam winard kicked 5 of those.
the buninyong defence was apalling from where i was standing and wont be able to afford another of those performances.
the game on saturday was a fantastic game to watch, high scoring, free flowing, attacking football but defensively was very average.

hepburn on paper are shoe-ins to win this with pretty comprehensive victories over gordon on both occasions this year altho may not have favouritism. ive only seen gordon in thier victories over the last two years (minus the grand final in 07) and would think that they will be too dominant for hepburn. be interesting to see which gordon shows up imo

no way mate, buninyong will need to play a hell of a lot better than that to even come close. in case you missed it, hepburn still kicked 12 goals on the weekend and a man by the name of sam winard kicked 5 of those.
the buninyong defence was apalling from where i was standing and wont be able to afford another of those performances.
the game on saturday was a fantastic game to watch, high scoring, free flowing, attacking football but defensively was very average.

hepburn on paper are shoe-ins to win this with pretty comprehensive victories over gordon on both occasions this year altho may not have favouritism. ive only seen gordon in thier victories over the last two years (minus the grand final in 07) and would think that they will be too dominant for hepburn. be interesting to see which gordon shows up imo

You dont think that you are a tad harsh there mate, being that buninyong did win the game and that other than sam winard no one kicked more than 2 goals. So you say the hole defence was terrible well dosent that say differently. And if you have a look at buninyongs bests you will see that both Kayne Gilbert and Mark Tanis who are Buninyongs two key defenders both got in there best. So they cant have gone that bad can they?

You dont think that you are a tad harsh there mate, being that buninyong did win the game and that other than sam winard no one kicked more than 2 goals. So you say the hole defence was terrible well dosent that say differently. And if you have a look at buninyongs bests you will see that both Kayne Gilbert and Mark Tanis who are Buninyongs two key defenders both got in there best. So they cant have gone that bad can they?

i agree with you there m8 if our backline was crap well how was hepburns with brendan davies kicking 6 goals. and mark tanis played very well on winard obviously winard would out muscle mark with his size he isnt a small man but mark played good and so did gilbo

you'll have to wait till the weekend for changes bomber boys
by the way is it true hepburn had around 4 u15s players playing? if so thats a fair effort to only lose by 7 points

i agree with you there m8 if our backline was crap well how was hepburns with brendan davies kicking 6 goals. and mark tanis played very well on winard obviously winard would out muscle mark with his size he isnt a small man but mark played good and so did gilbo

doesnt hide the fact they conceded 12 goals. for winard to kick 5, who is an average player would suggest to me tanis did not do the job on him. tanis had a lot of the ball and covered the holes well but was far too unaccountable for mine.
im not trying to take away from buninyongs performance on saturday, it was a good win, but i dont think anyone would argue that Bungaree has a much stronger forward line?
its not about hepburn's backline either, they were pretty dismal as well. all im saying is against Bunga thier backs will need to be much much tighter than against Hepburn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gotta agree with ya there mate Winard shouldnt kick 5 goals against anyone however id love to see buninyong get the win this week itd be nice to see someone other than bungaree in the granny for once

rumour is patty webb is out for the weekends game because of a club enforced suspension. Anyone clarify? And is O'halloran still out with the injury?

webby broke a team-enforced drinking ban and is suspended for one match

to this weeks games.

Bungaree Vs Buninyong
a gutsy come from behind win typified buninyong's season so far last weekend. After going goal for goal with hepburn for most of the match Buninyong simply had to much run for the Burra's to come storming home. This week will be yet another tough one for the bunnies against the undefeated Bungaree, a side that has lost just 3 matches in 4 seasons. However finals are a completely different ball game from the H&A rounds and on their day any side can win it.
Expect the match to be nowhere near as high scoring as last week unless its a blowout, and for Buninyong to make thier bid for a grand final berth, a much tighter effort down back.
Last time the two sides met at Buninyong the conditions were windy and cold with Bungaree holding the ascendancy for most of the match, yet never able to shake the Buninyong boys off.
Murphy and Davies will be the focal points up forward for thier respective sides and the efforts of these two will go along way to deciding the match.
In The Midfield, Bomatali, Miller, Marshall, Brundell and McVitty can expect a tough contest from the likes of the two Joels, Duggan and Mahar, Laux and Nichols.
The most intriguing and telling battle may yet be in the ruck between Locandro and Mitchell, and thier around the ground performances.
My tip is Bungaree to head straight to the grand final with a resounding 6 goal victory
(i'm clearly biased)

Hepburn vs Gordon
A huge match being an elimination final, this one is one of the hardest to predict yet. Hepburn have towelled Gordon both times this year and deserve favouritism yet after a 13 goal trouncing of Creswick last week, the Eagles are in good form. Once again the Gunnels, Aquilina and Lahey are crucial to Gordon's success but it may be thier lesser likes in Murphy, Carey and Gorman that need to produce.
Hepburn will be out to prove the public they are not pretenders and avoid two straight sets defeats in consecutive years with another dominant performance over Gordon. Cimera, Knight and Allison will be critical in winning clearances but the anticipated matchup of Hughes on Aquilina may prove the difference.
Gordon in another tight one, 4 points

Bungaree v Buninyong

Bungaree will definately start red hot favourites however a lot of people have writin buninyong off this year and therv proved a lot of people wrong. Buninyongs defensive pressure will have to be better than last weeks. I think buninyong will tag maher and if bungaree are gonna tag any1 itd be bomatali. Its a shame sam turner played seniors this year cos if hes as good as everyone says he could make this game very interesting. I think bunga will win by 5-6 goals but i think itd be good for the league if Buninyong could get up an win it.

Hepburn v Gordon

Hepburn are about 10 times quicker than Gordon however Gordon have the big blokes and i think the conditions will suit them tomorrow. If anyone can challenge Luke Gunnell in the ruck i think its Hepburns ruckman dont know his name but hes a very good player. Alec Cimera and Brett Knight could really hurt Gordon with their speed and class and Ben Hughes has to play on Aquilina who showed his class last week. Hepburn will have to get goals from their on ballers. Paul Lahey or James Maher may have to play a tagging role. If gordons on ballers get on top it could be a long day for hepburn. Hepburn wont go down without a fight but i think gordon will get home by 8 points.

well could we possibly have asked for 2 beta games today. Both of them were absolutely brilliant to watch and were litarelly up for grabs in the final seconds. Cant say that one game was better than another, they were both just great. Hepburn were very gutsy and lucky to get up 2 steal victory and bungarees win was a real struggle the hole way. Anyone know who gave the 50m penalty away for Gordon?
It will b a very tough game next week 2 get into grand final, have to give the nod to buninyong in a close 1. Also is there any news on how serious Lacandro is injured?

well could we possibly have asked for 2 beta games today. Both of them were absolutely brilliant to watch and were litarelly up for grabs in the final seconds. Cant say that one game was better than another, they were both just great. Hepburn were very gutsy and lucky to get up 2 steal victory and bungarees win was a real struggle the hole way. Anyone know who gave the 50m penalty away for Gordon?
It will b a very tough game next week 2 get into grand final, have to give the nod to buninyong in a close 1. Also is there any news on how serious Lacandro is injured?

Yeah it was great. Just like to acknowledge the Gordon boys on coming into the rooms and congratulating us, especially after losing in such a manner. :thumbsu:

Regarding Matho's post, yes there were 4

It was Paul Lahey from Gordon, he ran through the mark.

didn't run through the mark... one umpire called play on and so he ran to tackle the bloke and then the other umpire called it 50 metres... summed up the umpiring for the day...

Actually the umpire said hurry it up, and didn't call play on. The Gordon player must have thought he called play on. So unlucky for Gordon. Lucky for Hepburn

was with locandro today, his fine. milked it a bit ;)

not a big surprise to hear you say that.. it looked like bit of a time waster and pretty soft when you consider that the tackler was joel kitchen one of the smallest players on our team against possibly the tallest player for bungaree.

Bad luck to gordon as well thought they deserved the win played a pretty solid first half only to lose it in such a s**t way... take nothing away from hepburn tho it was a great fight back and is set to be another great battle between hepburn and the bunnies as it has been all season.

from what I saw in the Gordon v Hepburn game it seemed the umpiring was in favour of Hepburn all day. Also that last decision was just harsh winard should have had the shot from where he took the mark at the least. Poor decision by that umpire I hope his happy with himself.

The same with our game I feel the decision against Kitch was uncalled for and Locandro costing us the two minutes also contributed to our loss. Hopefully we have a fair game if we see them next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back