Under Pressure - Billie Smedts

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be silly, Dennis a far better player, easily an All Australian type player in a good side like hawthorn or Sydney
Dennis Armfield AA in Hawks or Swans…

You're new here aren't you.

Flak jackets and mops are over there. Helmets are here.

Enjoy your bunker….

Its gonna be long day of shelling.

Go Catters

Yes if Matt Suckling can get a game for Hawthorn and Gary Lolhan can get a game for Sydney then Dennis walks straight into both sides
Your username is very appropriate

Every time I see Dennis Armfield I am reminded of this guy:
LE7vANDXJpWeRprZ0V7xQpcCSI61Swj50JIABbYTibvLQBRnbAQgKTKFvlCpJn-h86iBmcBQrjEv3ZuVPUt5Mld9tqnh1GTknIovfwh9SbiQ3987CnFMyO4SmCoWSfXnXy5_P9T6nKoI_YBPrBmSbEjikVH8IKldnVEntLuFenAke4CGwemp_n5nRaW2gjN_EyN_5152h2_vQizj2J7y4xqlPMNcdu5VB7N94SUzoAzu_vNnDKqDdok=w470-h313-nc

I don't know who that is. Looks like a cross between Dangerfield and Dawson Simpson with Dermott Brereton's hair.

People very quick to write Billie off….personally, I think he should get a run of games now to see what he can offer. Am I the only one who can see his talent…c'mon Billie lovers…come to his defense!! :)

It wasn't all that long ago I should add..people were saying GH-S was too slow and a total spud….now its topic of the week to include him?

Sometimes its hard to keep up.

Funnily enough given my handle, agree 100%...

I thought Murdoch was a spud and wouldn't make it. Wondered why so many games were persisted, Didn't really do much for a long time. Had a bit of excitement which got him noticed, but never really did more. Then bang after playing 50 games and getting a lot of consistent games given, he is now a decent player. Smedts has had a lot of injury interruptions during his 37 games, while Murdoch didn't show more than one flashy thing every odd game until about 50 games.
He is clearly trying hard. Every season he has been named as a hard worker in pre-season and looks to mature. I think supporters need to get around him and reduce the pressure on him.

I thought Murdoch was a spud and wouldn't make it. Wondered why so many games were persisted, Didn't really do much for a long time. Had a bit of excitement which got him noticed, but never really did more. Then bang after playing 50 games and getting a lot of consistent games given, he is now a decent player. Smedts has had a lot of injury interruptions during his 37 games, while Murdoch didn't show more than one flashy thing every odd game until about 50 games.
He is clearly trying hard. Every season he has been named as a hard worker in pre-season and looks to mature. I think supporters need to get around him and reduce the pressure on him.
I could always see the talent in Murdoch, booming left foot + pace.. Just needed to get better at decision making which he has done. The problem is what asset does Smedts have?? His disposal is terrible bordering on shocking, his marking is limited due to his size, his decision making is also shocking and his tackling/in close game is weak because of his size. The only thing going for him is possible speed but that is a stretch and not enough to become a good AFL player - he is also very injury prone (look at his shoulders). Happy to be corrected in the future...

Just hopped on for a lil late night look.

Devastated I missed out on CrazyKenny's entertaining and informative appearance.
Come back soon Ken!

That's it, really.
At 38 games, he's shown just as much as Murdoch. And Varcoe, for that matter.
And his 38 games have come with a lot more interruptions than for those two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's it, really.
At 38 games, he's shown just as much as Murdoch. And Varcoe, for that matter.
And his 38 games have come with a lot more interruptions than for those two.
I thought that his early games were very good and showed enormous promise. But after his injury he just seemed to have lost confidence - and with that, skill. Hopefully some more game time will cure that. I think he does have the goods - just has to re-find how to deliver them.

I thought that his early games were very good and showed enormous promise. But after his injury he just seemed to have lost confidence - and with that, skill. Hopefully some more game time will cure that. I think he does have the goods - just has to re-find how to deliver them.
In recent years we've had Varcoe, THunt and, now, Billie, with collarbone/shoulder injuries. Both Varcoe and Hunt returned, had ordinary seasons and were consequently delisted. They are both now having better seasons at another club, each playing 17 senior games. I feel that Billie will follow a similar path- maybe he does need to be playing VFL this season (where he has played some more than serviceable games after returning from injury) before starting afresh in 2016. He definitely seemed to struggle in his first quarter of senior footy since R2 though, to his credit, he did steady the ship after that.

Nothing but two wrongs don't make a right.
I was at the pub the other week and accidentally done wrong and bump into a Sudanese fella and spilt he's beer, then he wacked me, so I wacked him back and dropped him. And we got kicked out. But guess what I know I did wrong and I know he did wrong, but I got let back in. And it was a awesome night. So two wrongs can make a night alright!

He did, while showing enormous potential and occasionally putting in very good games.

All Smedts has done is spud it up, but without the potential or good games.
Yep, they have played Smedts week in week out, and he never comes good, does he?

JFC, about 8 weeks ago people wanted to trade Caddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back