United states with family

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all

The darl and I got married in Hawaii so want to go back for our 10th anniversary and take the kids. We are planning on taking our 10 year old and almost 3 year old by the time we travel next October. The plan is to spend 2 weeks on the west coast of the mainland then 2 weeks in Hawaii.

Has anyone done this with the kids and got any tips or ideas.

Thanks in advance

Disneyland, universal studio and 7 flags magic mountain on the mainland and the polynesian cultural centre in hawaii.

Hi all

The darl and I got married in Hawaii so want to go back for our 10th anniversary and take the kids. We are planning on taking our 10 year old and almost 3 year old by the time we travel next October. The plan is to spend 2 weeks on the west coast of the mainland then 2 weeks in Hawaii.

Has anyone done this with the kids and got any tips or ideas.

Thanks in advance
Stay in Anaheim. You can do Disneyland, California Adventure Park and KnottsBerry Farm. Most hotels will provide a shuttle service to those parks.

You can also do day tours to Legoland, Sea World/San Diego Zoo and Universal Studios. Definitely recommend Legoland and Seaworld for the kids. They will love it.

As for Hawaii, the kids will just love hanging by the beach and the pool. The Zoo is pretty cool. The aquarium is so-so. My daughter loved Teddy Bear World but I have heard that it has closed down recently. Day tour around the island is a long day for the kids.

Stay in Anaheim. You can do Disneyland, California Adventure Park and KnottsBerry Farm. Most hotels will provide a shuttle service to those parks.

You can also do day tours to Legoland, Sea World/San Diego Zoo and Universal Studios. Definitely recommend Legoland and Seaworld for the kids. They will love it.

As for Hawaii, the kids will just love hanging by the beach and the pool. The Zoo is pretty cool. The aquarium is so-so. My daughter loved Teddy Bear World but I have heard that it has closed down recently. Day tour around the island is a long day for the kids.
stayed at anaheim, only good if going to disneyland, otherwise middle of nowhere

stayed at anaheim, only good if going to disneyland, otherwise middle of nowhere
And that is whole point as the OP has a family. Better to stay Anaheim than in the middle of LA where there is nothing for the kids to do.

The other advantage staying in Anaheim is that you can take the kids to Disneyland and California Adventure Park first thing in the morning. Have a few hours exploring the parks and then take the kids back to the hotel for some quite time (e.g nap for the 3 yrd old) and then go back to the Park at tea time for the parades and fireworks as your admission pass is valid for the whole day.

The other advantage staying in Anaheim is that you can take the kids to Disneyland and California Adventure Park first thing in the morning. Have a few hours exploring the parks and then take the kids back to the hotel for some quite time (e.g nap for the 3 yrd old) and then go back to the Park at tea time for the parades and fireworks as your admission pass is valid for the whole day.

Plus the hotels in Anaheim are about 35% to 40% cheaper than Hollywood, BH or LA.

Tag didn't work! Just stumbled on here myself :)

My parents took my brother and I to the US several times as kids (and a few times as adults, luckily enough). The kids will have a blast at the theme parks in California, also recommend San Diego Zoo and Sea World if you're into that sort of thing. Vague memories of Legoland being a lot of fun too.

Apparently all I wanted to do as a 3 year old was go on the dumbo ride at Disneyland, so they had to start taking detours so I wouldn't see it.

Never been to Hawaii, but it's on my list as I've only heard good things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back