BF Awards 2013 UPOTY - THE COUNTDOWN TO NUMBER 1 - ... and the winner is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On behalf of the mods, thank you to everyone who found the time to share their footy wits with an unofficial preview this year.

Our season stank but the standard of UPs was out of this world - Rooslike if you will.

I have linked all the UPs in the OP for quick access and posterity.

Biffinator will be selecting his favourite UP for 2013, the winner of which will receive a quill writing badge.

Winner to be announced after POTY.

Thanks once again to all and to Logger for his promotional services.

Looking forward to the 2014 UPs already. :thumbsu:

Biffinator will be selecting his favourite UP for 2013, the winner of which will receive a quill writing badge.

Winner to be announced after POTY.

Thanks once again to all and to Logger for his promotional services.

Looking forward to the 2014 UPs already. :thumbsu:
In my role as promoter/organiser of the UP's it is incumbent upon me to ask how soon after the POTY it will be revealed? I believe autocol and Striker475 are still stuck in that empty auditorium, nervously awaiting the announcement.

In my role as promoter/organiser of the UP's it is incumbent upon me to ask how soon after the POTY it will be revealed? I believe autocol and Striker475 are still stuck in that empty auditorium, nervously awaiting the announcement.
Patience, the mods are conferring... or else on the longest coffee break in history. RandB Crimson Azure

So lonely

Wanna hold hands?

Even better, I brought something for the wait...

large_leather_bound_stainless_steel_hip_flask_large.jpg

Patience, the mods are conferring... or else on the longest coffee break in history. RandB Crimson Azure

070213-bones-photo.jpg

Striker475 and his partner Heidi get to know each other a little better while awaiting the announcement of the Unofficial Preview of the Year award.

091105-01-skeleton-dig-cemetery_big.jpg

autocol held up the bar as long as he could, but it eventually corroded away into nothingness while he waited to hear from the Melbourne Mods whether he had won or not.

RandB Crimson Azure Biffinator Captain Jack

Brilliant idea by all to wait until 2013 was completed before an announcement was made, just in case a late contender was posted some time in December. I eagerly await the winner being unveiled now that there is no fathomable reason to delay any longer!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such is the prestige of this event we decided that, ala the Academy Awards, the winner will be announced in the new year.*

A short-list of 5 Unofficial Previews has been compiled from 2013 as the standouts (yeah its subjective) but it was a hard task. Everyone who contributed did a great job in what was an abortion of a season.

The mods will each vote 5,4,3,2,1 and the result posted promptly.

In the mean time feel free to stew and speculate over who could be the one...

The short-list of 5 is:

Round 4 GWS - autocol

Round 8 Richmond - autocol

Round 10 Hawthorn - Logger

Round 18 North - YouDontKnowJack

Round 21 Fremantle - Striker475

*May not be true.

Captain Jack
Crimson Azure

The votes have been tallied.

In 5th place with a vote tally of 3 is...

Round 4 GWS - autocol

NlaAoL6.jpg

A memorable piece for its simplicity which summed up Sheedy in a nutshell and gave Judas his final marching orders. :thumbsu:

42 of the 45 votes remain.

It was surreal, it was a sentimental favourite for some, it was alcohol fuelled and one of the most unique UPs ever...

In 4th place with a vote tally of 7 is...

images

Excellent work Striker475, we all look forward to what you can bring us in 2014.:thumbsu:

35 of the 45 votes remain.

It was surreal, it was a sentimental favourite for some, it was alcohol fuelled and one of the most unique UPs ever...

In 4th place with a vote tally of 7 is...

images

Excellent work Striker475, we all look forward to what you can bring us in 2014.:thumbsu:

35 of the 45 votes remain.
Surely it lost points for making us all imagine kissing Hayden Ballantyne, but that was a mark of its genius.

Surely it lost points for making us all imagine kissing Hayden Ballantyne, but that was a mark of its genius.

There may or may not be a sequel in the works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back