Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

No Day 1 they do the Baggy Pinks and have the pink writing all throughout the test match. I'd like to see the Baggy pinks done day 3 and only the pink text day 3.

The more I think about it though you might be right about the baggy pinks day 3. Can't remember now
All the pink stuff is Day 3 only.

i am crossing fingers that clarke isnt fit for the wc at all. despite him being our best bat (mostly test), with his recent history of injuries i dont want him to risk further injury and surgery to himself.
I agree. I dont think there really is a place for him in the batting line up either

1.Warner
2.Finch
3.Watson
4.Smith
5.Bailey
6.M. Marsh
7.Faulkner
8.Maxwell
9.Haddin
10.Johnson
11.Starc/Hazlewood

The only spot for him is if you drop Watson or Marsh but you need their bowling talent. Another option is to drop one of the two big cannons at the top and open with Watson, Smith at 3 and Clarke at 4.

I dont like Steve Smith for some reason.
I'm uncertain about him at this stage. Batting wise he has been amazing but I'm not convinced by him as captain yet. Especially in the field where he does appear to be a little petulant at times. It still early but just not convinced by him yet

seeing the bbl commentators at first was refreshing and fun.

i just hope they dont go down the same path as mcavaney and turn into caricatures of themselves. for example, when maxwell was bowled with offering a shot, cameras panned to gilly and flem who were amazed open mouthed. i am a strong believer that when cameras are involved you do not act naturally (for example big brother, they know cams are rolling so change their behaviour).....part of me applies this to reactions from bbl commentators (but i really dont wanna feel this way)

doesnt apply to mel however ( :hearts: you mel)

I think Mel McLaughlin is gorgeous and she gives me extra reason to watch bbl. unlike the rest of you Mel-haters

:rolleyes:

Brad Hogg is the best short form spin bowler in the country

I think Johan Botha is the best short form spin bowler currently playing in this country. Which brings me to a question. Is he trying to qualify to play for Australia? If so, how many years is he off? He has been playing for South Australia and Adelaide Strikers since 2012 (according to Wikipedia)

Back to the thread.

Glenn Maxwell could become a test star ala Andrew Symonds if he can get his head right. He has as much batting talent as anyone in the country but he is a dumb cricketer at the moment (not a dumb person but a dumb cricketer).

James Pattinson, Mitchell Starc, Gurinder Sandhu and Jason Behrendorff will all end up being better bowlers than Pat Cummins.

James Faulkner needs to become a batting all rounder if he wants to regularly play test cricket. He will never be one of the best 3 fast bowlers in the country so he needs to be someone who can bat 6 or 7 and bowl as a change up ala Watson/Marsh.

The Australian selectors are just waiting for Adam Zampa to be ready for international cricket. As soon as he is, Lyon will be dropped in a heartbeat.

Mel is only a 9 1/2.

Glenn Maxwell could become a test star ala Andrew Symonds if he can get his head right. He has as much batting talent as anyone in the country but he is a dumb cricketer at the moment (not a dumb person but a dumb cricketer).
No way, Maxwell is not a test batsman. He is a good short form player, but he will never be a test batsman.

James Pattinson, Mitchell Starc, Gurinder Sandhu and Jason Behrendorff will all end up being better bowlers than Pat Cummins.
I agree on Pattinson and Behrendorff. Starc possibly. Sandhu no

James Faulkner needs to become a batting all rounder if he wants to regularly play test cricket. He will never be one of the best 3 fast bowlers in the country so he needs to be someone who can bat 6 or 7 and bowl as a change up ala Watson/Marsh.
I don't think his batting could ever be in the top 6 for Australia.

The Australian selectors are just waiting for Adam Zampa to be ready for international cricket. As soon as he is, Lyon will be dropped in a heartbeat.
Boyce and Muirhead are more likely to be the next test spinner IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not ahead of Boyce.

Zampa will be the Australian short form bowler IMO
Neither are ahead of the other in long form cricket. Zampa is more accurate, Boyce gives it the biggest rip and Muirhead is behind both. I want Muirhead to play more FC cricket, but the other two are ahead right now.

It's a shame Ahmed is so...advanced in years. From what I've seen he's comfortably the best of them.
I don't particularly rate him. He's Bryce McGain like. I'd sooner see him dropped as he will never play in a baggy green.

but out of them who is the most marketable? cummins has featured in a lot of kfc etc ads. CA want him to succeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back