Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say he's rubbish exactly but his limitations are really showing against good bowling

He simply doesn't have the technique to handle the moving ball. He brings his right hip around far too much when he loses track of the ball and simply offers catching practice behind the wicket

He profits in short form cricket due to deader pitches - but the moment he faces someone who swing it - he is dead.

You don't have a FC average under 30 if you can bat.

He simply doesn't have the technique to handle the moving ball. He brings his right hip around far too much when he loses track of the ball and simply offers catching practice behind the wicket

He profits in short form cricket due to deader pitches - but the moment he faces someone who swing it - he is dead.

You don't have a FC average under 30 if you can bat.

shhhhh footyfan78 says you're an armchair critic

so you're saying you prefer waugh and marsh (or however many selectors there are - 4-5?) against say a panel of 2000 posters on bigfooty?
Lets just say I am happy Maxwell and Clarke made the WC squad, Mitch Johnson got back to playing international cricket, Cam White is not captain and Ed Cowan is nowhere to be seen. It would be scary to see the results if the lunatics truly did gets the keys to the asylum. I'm thinking England win first game and it was us that miss quarter finals and not the Poms and I would be reading stuff like if Voges, Ferguson or Smith were captain we would of made it. Instead I'm looking forward to the semi-finals and enjoying not knowing which way the selectors go for the eleven at SCG but trusting whatever way they decide will have sound thinking behind it.

Lets just say I am happy Maxwell and Clarke made the WC squad, Mitch Johnson got back to playing international cricket, Cam White is not captain and Ed Cowan is nowhere to be seen. It would be scary to see the results if the lunatics truly did gets the keys to the asylum. I'm thinking England win first game and it was us that miss quarter finals and not the Poms and I would be reading stuff like if Voges, Ferguson or Smith were captain we would of made it. Instead I'm looking forward to the semi-finals and enjoying not knowing which way the selectors go for the eleven at SCG but trusting whatever way they decide will have sound thinking behind it.

good post. who out of the contributors here would you say are lunatics?

Lets just say I am happy Maxwell and Clarke made the WC squad, Mitch Johnson got back to playing international cricket, Cam White is not captain and Ed Cowan is nowhere to be seen. It would be scary to see the results if the lunatics truly did gets the keys to the asylum.
What about Chris Lynn and Cameron Boyce?

Did any lunatics think they should be picked?

So you haven't enjoyed any of the matches? Or any individual performances? That's pretty sad IMO, if the only thing you take out of a sporting competition is the winner, well you're setting yourself up for a pretty miserable time.
I've enjoyed probably about 3 or 4 matches so far in the tournament tops, most have been that one sided that it wasn't funny. As for the only caring about the winner I took a lot of enjoyment from England's performances (or lack there of), the other thing to come out is why the hell aren't the ICC trying to bring Ireland is as a test nation?

With bat so heavily dominating the ball this WC it has made the game a joke, the only place where bowlers have a chance is in NZ because of the favourable swing bowling conditions. I get no enjoyment out of seeing scores of 350+ consistently racked up, I want a contest between bat and ball, not how far someone can it.

Because England wants to keep the best of the Irish for itself, there's no money in it for India and Australia doesn't care.
Maybe then blood them through against the lower sides early before getting to the bigger nations. India could maybe tack it on to a tour of England and play a test and a few T20 matches, only adds two to three weeks.

As for Irish tours abroad, wiling to bet they'd get better local support in NZ, West Indies and here than Bangladesh or Zimbabwe would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaron Finch will choke and be a liability at the World Cup.
finchyjqcww.jpg

I cant stand Michael Clarke and never have. Reeks of false sincerity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back