Unpopular Media Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Anime is only watched by children, Asians and people with serious personality disorders

Wrasslin' also (minus Asians)
Well now that's just not true.

Anime is just too ******* asain for me. That's not meant is a negatively racial manner, but in the same way something might be "too redneck american", "too bogan". It is nothing to do with the actual animation

I'm a pretty plain Jane I guess. I like universally appealing stuff.

Anime is only watched by children, Asians and people with serious personality disorders

I don't even know how to respond to this.

So you're saying people like Ronda Rousey, Stephen Amell and Wayne Brady all have serious personality disorders?

I LOVE Ronda Rousey but there is definitely something a little off kilter with her. Adds to her appeal IMO.
Lol I honestly think it just makes her seem more like the average Joe

Any specific examples?

Not really, just comes across as an absurdly competitive, highly emotional, driven sportsperson, not out of the realms of normalcy in an elite sporting environment but very, very differently geared to the average person.

To be crystal clear im not saying this as a negative in anyway, she is amazing and i adore her but shes a little unhinged.

Not really, just comes across as an absurdly competitive, highly emotional, driven sportsperson, not out of the realms of normalcy in an elite sporting environment but very, very differently geared to the average person.

To be crystal clear im not saying this as a negative in anyway, she is amazing and i adore her but shes a little unhinged.

But I feel like that would be prevalent in most of the top combat fighters in the world?

It just seems like a mindset that is needed to succeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I feel like that would be prevalent in most of the top combat fighters in the world?

It just seems like a mindset that is needed to succeed.

Probably but frankly i think you have to be a little crazy to be a fighter. Having read some of their books and seen them on TUF etc and having trained with some top flight guys they were all a little screwy. Again, not in a bad way.

Agree with this. I've watched a few series that came highly recommended (such as Cowboy Bebop) and it's just garbage. It's like they're written by 15 year olds who have a juvenile idea of what's "cool". It's no wonder that anime mainly appeals to manchildren and degenerates.

Echoing earlier sentiments: Community, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Scrubs etc. are s**t. They all appeal to young, hip 20-something year olds who love the quirky and zany nature of the shows. The same crowd who loves Ronda Rousey (zomg she is gurl and she fites nd she likes Pokemon!! XD XD)

Friends is overrated trash that shouldn't be spoken in the same sentence as Seinfeld.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is superior to Seinfeld.

Frasier is underrated.

James Corden is an annoying fat *. Craig Ferguson was s**t too. Most late night talk show hosts are s**t.

LOL

I love anime, Scrubs, Community, IASIP, Pokemon, Ronda Rousey, Friends, James Corden and Craig Ferguson.

Also never watched Curb or Frasier and thought Seinfeld was just okay.

Wanna be friends? We can talk about the latest manga I've been reading and I'll link you funny Jimmy Fallon YouTube videos.

They all appeal to young, hip 20-something year olds who love the quirky and zany nature of the shows.

Oh, no! Something appeals to someone!

I'll be honest i never got all the love for Seinfeld, its fine and all but no better or worse than most sitcoms. I assumed i was too young for it at the time and its too dated for me now.
Seinfeld actually holds up pretty well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back