Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Carles is probably the great social commentator 'alternative culture' and music has had this century.

For how 'snobbish' my music tastes can be and have been, I ******* love Eurodance. Think it is great for getting you into a positive state.

Maybe not technically a musical opinion, but I am a sound quality snob. Cannot listen to music unless it is coming from a top notch set of computer speakers or CD player.

Maybe not technically a musical opinion, but I am a sound quality snob. Cannot listen to music unless it is coming from a top notch set of computer speakers or CD player.

Guess you are a FLAC junkie too?

Had a friend like that, used to scour these bizarre Russian websites just to find FLAC. He had a ripping stereo setup though.

Guess you are a FLAC junkie too?

Had a friend like that, used to scour these bizarre Russian websites just to find FLAC. He had a ripping stereo setup though.

Nah not too fussed on formats, although as I get older I'm noticing when my teenage self ripped everything at 64kb WMA to maximise the capacity of my iRiver (lol hipster), they leave a bit to be desired in quality when played through good speakers.

Mostly I just listen to CDs, best way to guarantee consistent quality.

All depends on the sound setup. When I used to have a good one, couldn't listen to anything below 320k or it would be too distorted. Now I have regulation speakers, anything 128k or above is all right. I don't care as much about sound quality as I used to. 64k would be a step too far though.

my teenage self ripped everything at 64kb WMA
My ears are bleeding just thinking of this.

Honestly, once you get above 128 kbps you usually won't hear a difference, except on high end sound setups, and even then anything above 256k you won't hear a difference usually.

FLAC doesn't sound any different to MP3's, you just don't get the quality degradation from repeated plays.

All depends on the sound setup. When I used to have a good one, couldn't listen to anything below 320k or it would be too distorted. Now I have regulation speakers, anything 128k or above is all right. I don't care as much about sound quality as I used to. 64k would be a step too far though.

Depends on the music too, if you listen to something like Def Leppard, with layers and layers and nuanced sound, you notice the difference. Goes for most of those overblown 80s recordings I'd say.

If I'm listening to the 70s Ramones... 64k will do.

I don't know which 'ironic tribute name to match the ironic beard' is worse - "Chet Faker" or "The Smith Street Band" (cringe). Never been so happy knowing there are two musical artists whose music I will never hear.

Whatever hack journalist or social media dork decided to refer to Taylor Swift as 'Tay Tay' should also be killed.

I don't know which 'ironic tribute name to match the ironic beard' is worse - "Chet Faker" or "The Smith Street Band" (cringe). Never been so happy knowing there are two musical artists whose music I will never hear.

Whatever hack journalist or social media dork decided to refer to Taylor Swift as 'Tay Tay' should also be killed.

I am not surprised to learn you are in Brooklyn with a statement like that. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Not that I don't agree with it entirely, though.

Speaking of Def Leppard, this is without doubt Taylor Swift's best recording

It's a crime to watch/listen to this in anything but HD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I struggle to believe chet faker is boring. So does a lot of the aussies who voted.

The melodies, the lyrics are singable, the cool vibes scream out chilling having a beer. It's enchanting.

But I'm glad you guys realise its an unpopular opinion you have :p

I get nothing from Chet Faker. I don't hate it and I don't like it. I just feel zero emotion when I listen to him.
This for me too. Just elevator music or something that'd get played over the speakers in a restaurant to add 'ambience'. Nothing really substantial to it to make me hate it or love it.

Chet Faker chill tunes scream out sitting in a café sipping a strawberry milkshake whilst hashtagginng about 'Tay Tay' and 'The Fooies'. It's enchanting as gangrape.

But chill out is a feeling, its relaxing, and soulfully groovy.

It is. And I appreciate it in songs such as this:

But Chet Faker doesn't do it for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back