Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocket Science and The Charlatans (UK) are two bands you may enjoy.
Thank you good sir, will check them out some point this week.

I know a lot of posters here love their rock/metal music but to me it's just too much too loudly, I really dislike it.
It's just noise. Much like electro/dance/techno music etc.

West Coast G-Funk is still the king of rap. "rock my khakis with a cuff and a crease". Still got it.

I don't see the big deal around Cliff Burton.

RIP and all, but I don't understand why he is paraded around as a genius musician.
Probably because he was an original member of the band who died under extraordinary circumstances. That's about the extent of it. My favourite was Jason Newsted.

Probably because he was an original member of the band who died under extraordinary circumstances. That's about the extent of it. My favourite was Jason Newsted.

My favourite band is AC/DC, but I wouldn't be saying Bon Scott was a better musician than, say, Freddie Mercury. On stage performer, maybe, but not musician.

Burton just didn't seem like an extraordinary talented musician like many people say he was. I agree about Newsted.

I'm not sure if it's unpopular, but I think the organ is a terribly underused and underrated instrument. It can add so much to a song if it's used properly. The same goes with horns.
Rocket from the Crypt used horns very well I thought

At The Drive-In>>>>>>The Mars Volta.
Is that unpopular? Thought it was common knowledge. ATDI were brilliant

I find antemasque pretty rubbish though

Is that unpopular? Thought it was common knowledge. ATDI were brilliant

I find antemasque pretty rubbish though
Well...it seems to be unpopular from what I hear. And I love De-Loused in the Comatorium and enjoy Francis The Mute but still think the passion and sound from ATD-I is superior.

Have not really listened to Antemasque though. So cannot comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive flop (by her standards) but Rebel Heart is Madonna's best album since Ray Of Light (1997).

Foo Fighters are an incredibly overrated band.

Massive flop (by her standards) but Rebel Heart is Madonna's best album since Ray Of Light (1997).

Foo Fighters are an incredibly overrated band.

I haven't heard a Madonna song since Ray of Light so can't comment on that but I don't think your Foo Fighters comment is unpopular. Certainly not among people I discuss music with.

New Zealand produce better artists pound-for-pound than Australia.

Cool, that's encouraging because everyone I seem to encounter thinks they are the greatest band and I just don't get it.
They think they are the greatest because they obviously don't care much about music, which there is nothing wrong with. I know nothing about film/TV.

The thing about the Foo Fighters is that their music is too bland to seriously offend most people yet is so easy to digest because of the lack of layers that people who don't want a challenge and just something to nod their heads along to enjoy a lot.

It's like a run of the mill American sitcom. You can put it on during dinner and sit through it without having to use your brain. All of a sudden it has millions of viewers because it is easy to do.

Foo Fighters ARE Vanilla brother. Always were, money grabbing at the best. Gotta love the labels. Best Dave did was the Queens and he even to manage them to s**t.

Hahahahahaha, ******* foo fighters? Seriously you want a utensil load of madonna and boys 2 men with that load?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back