Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

I find Frogstomp to be a bit boring and repetative
Yes! Never got the love for this album. People are always mention its good because of how old they are. Nope. Its s**t.

Yes! Never got the love for this album. People are always mention its good because of how old they are. Nope. Its s**t.
I like Tomorrow, and a few of the songs are alright on their own, but as a whole I have always found myself waiting for it to end

I know what you mean. And I think you should judge music for music. But in reality it's hard not to judge/admire their music considering their age. Kind of like a piano player if he only had four fingers, most would judge it differently.

Skilfulness in music has gone so far backwards overall. I went and saw two performers that were apparently adroit on piano playing classical music that sounded clunky at best recently. Even seeing the violin, my favourite instrument, in well known orchestras has been horrible in things I've heard lately. I prefer listening to Owen Pallett.

The 2010s has been utterly woeful for music, and the album is, basically, dead.

Come now

endless_1361751210.jpg

The 2010s has been utterly woeful for music, and the album is, basically, dead.
In the mainstream, true.

But now with the internet at our disposal, the reach of music is much bigger. But because that is much bigger, we also have a lot more access to a lot of crap. But if you're willing to search a bit, there is so much great music out there.

Just avoid the radio and JB :D

Booker T and the MGs were genius. You guys have surely heard this

on the cricket! 1968!

Agree about the blandness of the Foo Fighters, and personally to that list I'd add many much liked current-ish bands, Kasabian spring to mind for one.

My take is that there's good music being made in every decade, it's a matter of seeking it out. A lot of folk stop searching new music out as they get past their mid-20's say. I've been listening to and buying popular music since the 60s; nowadays I mostly, but not exclusively listen to hip-hop; I feel there comes a time in life when you've heard enough white-boy guitar rock to last a lifetime! :)

Sites like BigFooty, amongst others, are a great resource for me in finding new music.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grunge didn't kill 80s hair metal, it was already well on the way out.

Nirvana and co. just came along at the right place in the right time.

nirvana suck balls, imo.
This is the Unpopular Musical Opinion thread.

I want to add Pearl Jam post Ten to the suck balls list.

I used to be meh about Nirvana as well, but In Utero blew my mind.

Pearl Jam is one of those many bands I loved as a teen, but struggle to listen to beyond small doses nowadays.

Do people like Smashing Pumpkins? Billy Corgan is a Campaigner, but Siamese Dream is my favourite album of all time.

Aside from "Mayonaise" (one of the most gorgeous songs you'll ever hear), I can take or leave most of Siamese Dream. I feel like Mellon Collie is pretty bloated and lacklustre, too. Absolutely love Adore and Machina, though, and thought Oceania was a brilliant return to form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back