DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Having not been to a F1 race since 2012 (V8's), I can't comment on how the volume of the cars sound on track, but from a pure "television" point of view, I enjoy the volume of the new engines as you can hear other car noises better now, such as tyres locking up into corners etc.

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wasn't the actual safety car out yesterday? We didn't see the VSC did we?
VSC first, then the actual safety car came out after about a lap. They should have quite easily thrown yellows out like they have for the last how ever many years instead of almost causing another accident with drivers slamming on their brakes the second that the 'Virtual Safety Car' is called.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Peter Brock is overrated and a couple of his Bathurst wins shouldn't have counted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The 2 he got in other peoples cars, 83 and 87 IIRC and I mean in 1980 he was being brained by DJ until that famous incident. I will qualify my statement by saying he was a very very good driver but not really deserving of the god like status he has.

Folgore7

Debutant
Mar 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AC Milan
The 2 he got in other peoples cars, 83 and 87 IIRC and I mean in 1980 he was being brained by DJ until that famous incident. I will qualify my statement by saying he was a very very good driver but not really deserving of the god like status he has.

Cross entering was legal at the time...
Other drivers had done it before, only they didn't win...

as for his god like status... different times back then.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cross entering was legal at the time...
Other drivers had done it before, only they didn't win...

as for his god like status... different times back then.

So Frankster, has your opinion of golden boy changed now he's driving a scuderia?

Folgore7

Debutant
Mar 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AC Milan
So Frankster, has your opinion of golden boy changed now he's driving a scuderia?

Does not bother me, as long as he wins....
I never disliked him immensely like many her anyway... simply that he did not drive for the team I support.

Back