Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how people can actually get angered by refugees unless they've got some kind of ingrained hatred for them.

It's the media/politicians diverting attention away from them by making people focus on these people who are poor and have no power yet somehow generate so much hate. Meanwhile the people who have power and are causing all the problems draw very little criticism by comparison.

It's the media/politicians diverting attention away from them by making people focus on these people who are poor and have no power yet somehow generate so much hate. Meanwhile the people who have power and are causing all the problems draw very little criticism by comparison.
Yeah, it's pretty pathetic.

I couldn't think of anyone I know that has had their life affected in an incredibly negative way by refugees. The people I know wouldn't know anyone either, yet so many carry on as if they've come here since WWII and left people homeless, jobless and turned society into something terrible.

Talking refugees is a good way to find out how critically people think and what they actually know about the world outside Australia.

"* off queue jumpers" crowd score low on both.

Refugees can dictate to homeswest what house they want, if they want a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom place, then that's what gets built. Why should they get a brand new expensive house? Why not be thankful just to ******* get here?
Gods I bet you read the Facebook pages and regurgitate chain emails with all the falsehoods. Refugees get no more government assistance than Australians on Centrelink (i.e. not much).

Most of them are not genuine refugees IMO.

How the * would you know?

I don't hit anyone as I'm not a bogan or drug dealer but if a woman was attacking me I wouldn't think "Oh I can't fight back she's a woman".

I don't get how people can actually get angered by refugees unless they've got some kind of ingrained hatred for them.

Most people aren't against all refugees or immigration in general. It depends on the types of countries the people are coming from. Most of the undesirable countries tend to be predominantly black or middle eastern, which enables the complainers to be dismissed as bigots and racists superficially.

Accepting large groups of people from violent, backward shitholes. What could possibly go wrong? The attitudes and "cultural differences" many of these people are brought up with are completely at odds with countries like Australia. Take a look at how overrepresented immigrants are when it comes to certain crimes (especially crimes against women) in Europe.

Yeah, it's unfair to the genuinely good people trying to improve their conditions, but the reason(s) people are opposed isn't exactly rocket science. There's no real benefit other than getting to pat ourselves on the back about how compassionate we are.

The double standard about hitting women is a bit ridiculous.

If a woman is belting a bloke, is the bloke just meant to stand there and cop it?

Subdue them I guess. Pretty easy to hold back a woman without punching her in the face. Is this a massive issue though? I've never known anybody to have to get into a fistfight with a woman. Never really seen it on the news either.

I hate when celebrity women harp on about women's rights and sing about women standing up and taking control etc then release a twerk video....

A dance doesn't really take away from their rights though does it? I guess it could be seen as sexual but being sexual isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Most people aren't against all refugees or immigration in general. It depends on the types of countries the people are coming from. Most of the undesirable countries tend to be predominantly black or middle eastern, which enables the complainers to be dismissed as bigots and racists superficially.

Accepting large groups of people from violent, backward shitholes. What could possibly go wrong? The attitudes and "cultural differences" many of these people are brought up with are completely at odds with countries like Australia. Take a look at how overrepresented immigrants are when it comes to certain crimes (especially crimes against women) in Europe.

Yeah, it's unfair to the genuinely good people trying to improve their conditions, but the reason(s) people are opposed isn't exactly rocket science. There's no real benefit other than getting to pat ourselves on the back about how compassionate we are.
Most people aren't opposed simply because they're worried about crime rates.

The argument always relates back to housing and employment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Subdue them I guess. Pretty easy to hold back a woman without punching her in the face. Is this a massive issue though? I've never known anybody to have to get into a fistfight with a woman. Never really seen it on the news either.
Yes I know, but if she is coming at you with a bat or something, I would hit her to try and stop her if I had no other choice.

The reason I often hear against accepting the refugees is this idea that they want to bring with them their values and instill these values into Australian society which I don't think is true at all. I agree that people who have grown up in an extremely violent and unstable region are going to be a lot different to the average Australian but I think that just means there needs to be a bigger focus on integration and community, rather than not accepting them at all.

A dance doesn't really take away from their rights though does it? I guess it could be seen as sexual but being sexual isn't necessarily a bad thing.

How come it seems that the only way women can be 'empowered' is by being overtly sexual? (looking at you Miley Cyrus) how about be empowered by being intelligent and compassionate?

This. Basic wrestling and submission. Unless you gf is Ronda Rousey.

You know what I don't get about the anti refugee crowd the most? The ridiculous notion that we have to look after our own first. These are usually the same people that harp on about dole bludgers, aboriginals, and druggies on centrelink. Australia has one of the best and most generous welfare programs on the world, how is this not looking after our own?

How many times have you guys been attacked ? How many times by a women ? I'm 23 and have been attacked by a female 0 times. I've been in 1 fight with a bloke and I provoked it.

Your having this conversation like its a real chance of happening in day-to-day life.

How many of you guys been displaced by a refugee? Or did a bloke who came over with no money and no current job outbid you for the house in Doncaster for 1.2m this Saturday?

Honestly, the s**t you guys come up with bewilders me at time.

No, no they definitely have not.

Signed, a rural town resident.

Lol I didn't mean rural towns as a collective, I meant the select few WA communities that have shown their support.

You know what I don't get about the anti refugee crowd the most? The ridiculous notion that we have to look after our own first. These are usually the same people that harp on about dole bludgers, aboriginals, and druggies on centrelink. Australia has one of the best and most generous welfare programs on the world, how is this not looking after our own?

Just excuses. You could solve every domestic issue imagineable and people still wouldn't wanna accept refugees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back