Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is disappointing because once upon a tine where I live would've been one of the most culturally diverse places in Australia, and a great man I had the pleasure of knowing who opened Australia's first multicultural welcoming social club passed away earlier this year who would be rolling in his grave.

How many of you guys been displaced by a refugee? Or did a bloke who came over with no money and no current job outbid you for the house in Doncaster for 1.2m this Saturday?
It's more the bloke in Dandenong, on minimum wage with no prospects who now has more competition for rent in a crappy house; for jobs crap jobs in old factories.

It's more the bloke in Dandenong, on minimum wage with no prospects who now has more competition for rent in a crappy house; for jobs crap jobs in old factories.

lol ridiculous

please find me any study that concludes that there is a direct correlation between Rent Price and Refugee intake.

Yes I do actually.

They make their own gangs and rob people's houses. Drugs are a problem too. Isn't a good look for the general area either (in an inviting way).

So you're saying that gangs, robberys and drug addiction are only refugee-problems?

That's really odd man!

I live in a part of Melbourne where unfortunately it's very un-multicultural.

Last week my mates car got stolen. My cousins house has been robbed 3 times in 16 months.

Amongst youth drug use is rife. Especially Ice.

And I heard of a gang related fight on Facebook about 2 weeks ago.

Do you think that the refugees flew over and did these things?

Seriously mate. Get a grip. You've got no clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The double standard about hitting women is a bit ridiculous.

If a woman is belting a bloke, is the bloke just meant to stand there and cop it?

In most cases if a woman attacked me I would restrain them like I would a child.. however if she's built like a man then I say fight like a man.

For the first time in my life I was ready to hit a woman the other day.

We were sitting at a pub having lunch outside and a meth head walked up and asked for some change. She was standing over the pram that was next to me with my young son in it. She was clearly agitated and saying no to her request got her more upset. I didn't want to stand up in case it pushed her over the edge, but in her state standing over my baby I was ready to get up as fast as I needed to and do whatever was required if she made a move towards him.

In saying that, she may have been in the body of a woman, but the shell didn't have a woman inside. She was sadly so messed up that what was left wasn't thinking or acting like a person at all.

For the first time in my life I was ready to hit a woman the other day.

We were sitting at a pub having lunch outside and a meth head walked up and asked for some change. She was standing over the pram that was next to me with my young son in it. She was clearly agitated and saying no to her request got her more upset. I didn't want to stand up in case it pushed her over the edge, but in her state standing over my baby I was ready to get up as fast as I needed to and do whatever was required if she made a move towards him.

In saying that, she may have been in the body of a woman, but the shell didn't have a woman inside. She was sadly so messed up that what was left wasn't thinking or acting like a person at all.

its human nature to want to hit someone at times.. doesn't matter whether its a man/woman/child... I'm against hitting children, but can't say there haven
t been times in public i have wished to give some rowdy kids a smack in the back of the head.

I lived right near a refugee enclave in Sydney. There's plenty of them there. If you think Perth has a refugee problem you need to travel more.

Never saw any of these gangs nor was remotely at risk of falling victim to crime.

A relative got beaten up by a group of Asians in Northbridge some 7 years ago. What set those Asians off? The ning nong relative shot his mouth off at them.

I listen to more comedy then music. More stand-up and the news/current affairs discussion-type shows rather than sit-coms - nevertheless, I think I listen to a lot more comedy than most.

I like female comedians, I know the standard line is 'Women aren't funny', but I disagree. In fact, I think I tend to seek out female comedians as much, or probably more than males.

(PS - there are just as many lousy female comedians - meaning 'Those I don't like' - as male). But there's just as many good ones, as well.

I listen to more comedy then music. More stand-up and the news/current affairs discussion-type shows rather than sit-coms - nevertheless, I think I listen to a lot more comedy than most.

I like female comedians, I know the standard line is 'Women aren't funny', but I disagree. In fact, I think I tend to seek out female comedians as much, or probably more than males.

(PS - there are just as many lousy female comedians - meaning 'Those I don't like' - as male). But there's just as many good ones, as well.

Recommend some female comedians

Sarah Pascoe, Sarah Kendall, Sarah Millican (aaah - might have a slight fixation here:D), Bridget Christie, Felicity Ward, Holly Walsh, Miranda Hart (guarantee you'll either love or hate her), Chelsea Handler, Francesca Martinez, Pippa Evans, George Mcencroe, Celia Pacquola, Denise Scott, Margaret Cho. I don't know enough US stand-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back