Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And isn't China in a bit of trouble cause it's a massive sausage fest.

Excuse my vulgar language.

It's created a strange situation with millions of 20-30 year old men who have little chance of finding a woman in their country. They even have some officials wanting wives to take multiple husbands.

If you disagree with immigration, you're automatically labelled racist, even if you have a good argument for your point.
What's your argument?

I would love to post it, but at the risk of being told I don't have one, I'm not gonna have a debate about it in here right now.

Popular immigration opinion: countries can accept an infinite number of migrants from anywhere and everyone will live happily ever after.

Unpopular immigration opinion: anything that deviates from above.

It's interesting because many people believe immigration helps create a better life for people in need and gets them out of poverty. However immigration plucks the best, the brightest and the richest from foreign countries, and leaves behind the ones who really need help. This helps further entrench developing countries in poverty.

We import doctors from countries like India because we apparently have a shortage, yet we have 3.27 doctors/1000 people compared to their 0.7/1000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have an issue with migration - I do have an issue with those who decide not to go through the proper channels.

Yes I understand the risk they take coming on leaky old boats.
Yes I understand the process is a long drawn out one.
Yes I understand that many Vietnamese came this way and it has been a success
But a process there is and it should be followed - in saying that, the process needs to be quicker. You either make a decision to let them come or you tell them no and then it's their decision whether to stay where they are or try something else.

I had a Sudanese refugee tell me that if the Red Cross had asked him for even a $ to come to Australia he would of been unable to come - he has no sympathy at all for those on Naru and said that its no different from what his family endured for many years in Kenya.

I want these strict processes in place for those coming from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq - I don't want the same situation that is being experienced in Europe ATM and if that means they have to wait a bit longer then so be it.

If that makes me an uneducated racist then so be it - I can live with that.

I'm of the opinion that we don't "own" this land. Just because we've named this country Australia, and call ourselves Australians, doesn't really mean we have the moral right to tell people to * off.

The real issue on hand, is find an immigration policy that ensures we maximise the number of people we let in, while also ensuring our society is not disrupted and that the current citizens are kept safe.

I think the world should just be a free for all. Your land, my land, who gives a s**t. Let's all just have massive orgies and breed with each other until nobody is purebred anymore. This is the only way to achieve world peace.

It's interesting because many people believe immigration helps create a better life for people in need and gets them out of poverty. However immigration plucks the best, the brightest and the richest from foreign countries, and leaves behind the ones who really need help. This helps further entrench developing countries in poverty.

Skilled migration yes, but not all migration. It's hard to make a case that we've took the best and brightest (and wealthiest) from the UK, Italy, Greece etc. in the 20th century.

We import doctors from countries like India because we apparently have a shortage, yet we have 3.27 doctors/1000 people compared to their 0.7/1000.

We import doctors because we think more of them will benefit our society. We put about as much emphasis on the effect it has on their society as the doctors who leave.

I'm of the opinion that we don't "own" this land. Just because we've named this country Australia, and call ourselves Australians, doesn't really mean we have the moral right to tell people to **** off.

'Moral rights' don't really factor in international law.

The real issue on hand, is find an immigration policy that ensures we maximise the number of people we let in, while also ensuring our society is not disrupted and that the current citizens are kept safe.

The real issue is that the world has finite resources and an ever increasing population. All differences aside that is not sustainable.

On top of that there is massive disparity in wealth and resource consumption between the first world and the developing world.

We could let in 20 million peaceful Hindus from India without threat to our security, but do we have the resources? No, not without a massive adjustment to our standard of living which 99.99% of Australians would not accept.

We should cut immigration from all countries. At least to the capital cities.

Soon immigrants will no longer provide an economic benefit

Why do you think that? I don't see the problem with it if they meet all the requirements. Maybe I'm biased though. My grandparents were immigrants, my wife was an immigrant and I'm currently one myself.

Why do you think that? I don't see the problem with it if they meet all the requirements. Maybe I'm biased though. My grandparents were immigrants, my wife was an immigrant and I'm currently one myself.

1. Excess immigration to the cities is putting massive strain on infrastructure expenditure etc for the cities
2. Automation is going to wipe out a lot of existing jobs so we'd just be importing unemployed people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back