Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane Warne is a pig of a human being (not just with his cricket behaviour, charity scam, sleazy philandering and disgraceful and ignorant abuse of Adam Goodes on twitter etc)

The fact he is regarded as a national sporting icon/hero makes me sick.
Didn't John Nicholls do a bit of stir for having sticky fingers?

DaVillaBlues

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Didn't John Nicholls do a bit of stir for having sticky fingers?

Not relevant to Shane Warne being a pig.

His behaviour over the yeas is really not much better than Mitchell Pearce and the NRL hoons, yet he escapes media condemnation and public lynching cause he was okay at cricket and therefore a 'good bloke'

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Not relevant to Shane Warne being a pig.

His behaviour over the yeas is really not much better than Mitchell Pearce and the NRL hoons, yet he escapes media condemnation and public lynching cause he was okay at cricket and therefore a 'good bloke'

I bet you wouldn't think Warney was a pig if he was a Carlton supporter.

Even if you dislike him as a person you can't deny he was a fantastic spin bowler, cricket is the poorer without him, when he bowled s**t happened.

Maybe he is regarded as a sporting icon because in an international sport, he is the best ever at what he does?

Compared to say, AFL players like Wayne Carey or Leigh Matthews, Warne is both an angel and a more accomplished sportsperson.

What did I miss That would make Leigh Mathews a worse bloke than Shane Warne. Andrew Johns I think would slip past Warne in the crap bloke stakes

He's referring to the Neville Bruns incident.

Surely not, that was 30 years ago and while it was a disgusting act and totally unacceptable it was in a time where the game was played differently. How could that possibly be worse that simulating sex with a dog and pissing your pants.

Do you know what the reference to the text messages are?

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Surely not, that was 30 years ago and while it was a disgusting act and totally unacceptable it was in a time where the game was played differently. How could that possibly be worse that simulating sex with a dog and pissing your pants.

Do you know what the reference to the text messages are?

Woah, I'm talking about Warne, not NRL bogans.

Woah, I'm talking about Warne, not NRL bogans.

So you were

Match fixing
Drug ban
Adultery
Sexting
Nude photos and blow up dolls

And he is a better bloke than Mathews

Each to there own I guess

Warne never assaulted anyone. So there's that.
What he did to Daryll Cullinan could be described as cruel and unusual punishment.

Almost put the bloke in a mental ward.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
What he did to Daryll Cullinan could be described as cruel and unusual punishment.

Almost put the bloke in a mental ward.
Yeah that was ridiculous. When they were going up against each other in any cricket match it wasn't a case of IF he would get the guy out, just a matter of when.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Women's tennis has become more interesting than men's tennis for the time being. And has been for the last few years.
Disagree.

Serena has a stronghold over the women's game, hopefully last night was not an anomaly.

While Djokovic is almost unbeatable, there are players that can come close to beating him, IE Murray, Wawrinka.

Serena has too much dominance due to her power.

Borry

Protected Species
Aug 15, 2004
You never never know if you never never go.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Sydney
Disagree.

Serena has a stronghold over the women's game, hopefully last night was not an anomaly.

While Djokovic is almost unbeatable, there are players that can come close to beating him, IE Murray, Wawrinka.

Serena has too much dominance due to her power.
We've seen a lot more different grand slam winners over the last five years in the women's despite her dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back