Unpopular Port Adelaide opinion you may have

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Unpopular opinion: I don't think Paddy Ryder will be the recruit most of you think he will be. I have my doubts about him to say the least.

Lou Zyffer

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2005
SE Qld
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Other teams? There's other teams?
Unpopular opinion: I don't think Paddy Ryder will be the recruit most of you think he will be. I have my doubts about him to say the least.

What sort of recruit do you think most people think he will be?

I'd like to see him kick 30+ goals, provide another target up forward and a chop out for Lobbe. If he can do that I think Lobbe, Schulz and Westhoff could all have potentially better years.

He isn't Robbie Gray, Chad Wingard or Travis Boak. If he just plays his role well it will contribute exponentially to the team as a whole. We don't need miracles from Paddy, just a strong contribution.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
slob baulderstone will never play a game of footy in the afl, especially at port.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Ryder will end up pushing Lobbe out of the team.

Do you mean Ryder plus another forward or ruck will push Lobbe out, or do you simply mean Ryder in and Lobbe out as in a straight swap? The latter wouldn't change what we lack currently though, it would make us a little better because Ryder is a better player but structurally what do we improve if we have to put Trengove and Westhoff in to ruck to rest Ryder? The former could happen but that's sport, more better players replace other players.

I can see Ryder + Lobbe in the side with either a small forward or small defender out. To do this we would need our remaining mids/small forwards to do share more running load.

I don't like the man. I think he's a douche and I'm glad he's gone. But we would be a better side with Chaplin still here.

index.php

rewatch the elim final, softest player in the league.
rewatch the elim final, the whole entire Richmond team was. Not just Chaplin. A symptom of the environment.

I saw live and on replay the same insipid weak efforts that Chaplin gave throughout most of his Port career.
Chaplin was good in his early years. Choco ****ed him around. Choco is at Richmond currently as is his disciple in Dimma.

A Hinkley coached Chaplin would be a better footballer.

Chaplin was good in his early years. Choco ****** him around. Choco is at Richmond currently as is his disciple in Dimma.

A Hinkley coached Chaplin would be a better footballer.

Let's get down to business, who out of our current back 6 does Chaplin replace?

Let's get down to business, who out of our current back 6 does Chaplin replace?
In my ideal world I'd move Pittard up the ground more and move Chaplin down back. He would have been particularly handy during our whole no Trengove/Carlile month, too.

I feel like a dick defending him, though. Don't mistake me – I hate him.

Back