Unpopular Port Adelaide opinion you may have

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're going to troll you'll probably need to be a tad more subtle than that.

Friends+why+don+t+you+know+who+the+new+troll+face+_21536501882240d41d6d7968cf807972.jpg

Jared polec has the most upside out of every player on the list

Good call. Only scratching the surface of what he's capable of. Whether he gets there or not is another story but he could be as good as he wants to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think have never been more certain of anything that I Love The Hoff morphed into The Smaller Warrior a couple of years ago

Wasn't ILTH a 15yo girl? .....
ILTH pretty much identified as a 15 yo girl when posting some years ago. But I never met her, and of course nor should I have. I have met TSW who is a man in his 20s (I would say). However we have never seen them in the same room so still nothing is proven.

Impey is more petrenko than he is McLeod

Petrenko is an absolute spud with just enough figjam to prevent him from pulling his finger out and going up the 3 or 4 levels required just to hold his spot let alone fulfil his squandered potential.

The fact he was shocked at his axing says it all.

Impey is Impey. Let us never speak of Petrenko ever again. Lol Petrenko. Ok starting now.

Google CLP Group.

Better yet, search for Lockhart Road posts on this forum re: EA/CLP and Hong Kong. He's given us some amazing insights. China is already important to us, and we have an opportunity to consolidate this.

Apologies for coming in late on this - I didn't get the tagged alert. Have just been reading through the past several pages on this thread with interest, especially the comments re the Club's investment in Hong Kong, South China and the future north of 5015.

Many thanks Pappagallo for your vote of support. Such words help maintain, even accelerate, the motivation behind the Club's China Strategy.

The EnergyAustralia Joint Major Sponsorship deal was the 'China' clincher, of course. If not for their parent, CLP Group in Hong Kong, there would have been no EA in the first place. But it was the marketeers at the Club who physically sold the deal to EA in Melbourne in late 2013; that was reinforced to me by a personal contact just a few days ago. The pitch they made was irresistible, apparently, and the timing of it was pinpoint. Bravo the Club Off-Field Team headed by KT.

Since the original deal, the partnership with EA has expanded across to the Port Magpies - you know, that defunct side which in one trespasser's opinion wears the Prison Bars by default ;) - and thus into the SANFL, helping to financially support the competition. The EA partnership is going well in all directions, I'm assured. EA's new lady CEO was seated next to KT at the B&F night. If our success on the field continues the EA : PAFC deal may well develop into, in the words of the outgoing EA CEO: "One of the most fantastic sponsorships of all time..." (Or something close to that, I don't have time to delve into my inbox and quote the actual email.)

ab56452001 has, justifiably (!), called for a future accounting of our China venture to ensure we haven't wasted money. I appreciate his barbs of doubt as there is nothing more dangerous than a positive mass generalisation in the course of any project.
Yet I am positive myself that if an accounting was done, right now, it would already record a profit - simply because the ledger value the assessing accountant would allocate to 'goodwill' and especially 'confidence' would outstrip the actual cost in terms of money spent thus far.

The EnergyAustralia deal provided the Club, via Kochie, KT and the Board, with the confidence to take the next step: a Board Meeting in HK, then the sponsoring of Team China. Further steps taking us into 2015 and beyond are at the planning stage.
I'll pass on whatever I can in another thread, as soon as it becomes appropriate.

Thanks again for your support. And if anyone else has a barb of doubt to fire at me, don't hesitate. This is the thread for it.

Last edited:
With Ryder jumping on board, we will finally see Westy unleash. Tipping him as our B&F next year. 197cm Wingman. I've been waiting for this for about 5 years.

more of a release valve than a wingman, providing a kick it high and long option out of defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back