Unpopular Port Adelaide opinion you may have

Is that unpopular? I would do that. Can we bring Dew back as well ;)

I thought it would be ... but I'm happy to have others on the bandwagon. ;)

jaxx

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah. We lost to Carlton and Brisbane.
That's why I chose to put it in the unpopular thread! But our 13 games against top 8 sides is the most in the AFL. Hawthorn, Sydney, Adelaide and Bulldogs only had 8.

Edit: We're 5-7 against the top 8 and 5-3 v the bottom 10. More games against the bottom 10 would've helped.

Last edited:

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Patrick Ryder's output should meet his salary floor ie whatever it is at 600-700

that should be star output week in/week out

he doesn't really meet it

and that it's also probably better to offload him and get Dixon, Tape, Gorringe/other ruck et al for the same salary cap hit

Have been hearing crap like this all year. Not really sure that the past few weeks could be more emphatic.

Robbie4PM

All Australian
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am sick of people talking about Port Adelaide and saying how good of years Gray, Wingard and Boak are having. How is Boak being put up with these two this year, even Ken has said it. Is everyone in denial or do I watch a completely different game because Boak's season as a whole has not been anything near Grays or Wingards. Boak has a flashy last quarter when the pace is out of the game and the game is normally over. Yes he has played some very good games, but as a whole, quite a poor year compared with last years.

Last edited:

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Patrick Ryder's output should meet his salary floor ie whatever it is at 600-700

that should be star output week in/week out

he doesn't really meet it

and that it's also probably better to offload him and get Dixon, Tape, Gorringe/other ruck et al for the same salary cap hit
Are you just taking the piss...

The best part is when I type in gorringe auto correct changed it to horrible....

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am sick of people talking about Port Adelaide and saying how good of years Gray, Wingard and Boak are having. How is Boak being put up with these two this year, even Ken has said it. Is everyone in denial or do I watch a completely different game because Boak's season as a whole has not been anything near Grays or Wingards. Boak has a flashy last quarter when the pace is out of the game and the game is normally over. Yes he has played some very good games, but as a while, quite a poor year compared with last years.

Whilst I agree with this, opposition teams seem to target Boak much more than they do Robbie Gray.

drcollossimo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
The draw has had a huge say this year.

We'll have had 13 games against top 8 teams and 9 games against the bottom 10 teams.

All our double up games are against teams in the finals.
So so so this meanwhile the bulldogs and crows have their double up games against the might of pooraka c grade

Beauty of the current draw structure is its virtually impossible for the arm chair ride the crows and dogs enjoyed this year being repeated and they might have to play teams who finished the year before in the 8 more than once "Gasp"....

I still love Burgoyne and it kills me when he plays for hawthorn.

Burgoyne's playing in his dream role.

Cruising around in an excellent team while others do the heavy lifting. Oh sure he's almost always solid and he's capable of outstanding games here and there, but he was never consistent or reliable enough to be the elite bluechipper we needed him to be from 2006-onwards.

Had Williams actually challenged him and not constantly blown smoke up his arse, who knows.

Not fit to tie Robbie Gray's shoelaces.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The above post nailed it but I'll add that Port supporters were blowing smoke up his arse while he was here too & still are by romanticizing his time at Port.

Never consistently delivered.. Quick to drop his bundle in tough times.. Better off without him in the long run.

*Think* we might be happier with N. Krakouer's career at Port than S. Burgoyne's in a few years time.

Last edited:
You guys aren't reading REH right. He's not saying we're not good enough this year, but any year with the current coaching regime and team setup.

The role of Alan Scott will now be played by REH. :)

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am sick of people talking about Port Adelaide and saying how good of years Gray, Wingard and Boak are having. How is Boak being put up with these two this year, even Ken has said it. Is everyone in denial or do I watch a completely different game because Boak's season as a whole has not been anything near Grays or Wingards. Boak has a flashy last quarter when the pace is out of the game and the game is normally over. Yes he has played some very good games, but as a whole, quite a poor year compared with last years.
Boak is the midfielder most impacted by Wines out most of the year (and until the last couple of games with Ah Chee having a decent replacement big body). Robbie Gray is just a freak, who plays like his pre-game ritual is to dunk himself in grease, so no one can hold onto him. Boak is a blue chip midfielder, but doesn't have that talent. He does much better when there's a genuine big body to help clear space for him.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

when?

Here's a snippet from Hinkley on AFL 360.

Some of our boys in that middle part of the group, haven't been at the level they'd like to be. To talk about top end players: Boak, Wingard... Gray have had pretty special seasons. But it's the mid-range of our group, the heart of the list that have been a little down.

n4nirvana

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2011
Adelaide/Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have been hearing crap like this all year. Not really sure that the past few weeks could be more emphatic.

He was awesome on the weekend. That's the output we need from a ~ 700 k player.

Are you just taking the piss...

The best part is when I type in gorringe auto correct changed it to horrible....

Really, really liked what I saw. Like I said above. That's the output we need from a ~ 700 k player :thumbsu::)

Back