Opinion Unsolicited calls

Remove this Banner Ad

Doggy Dan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone else dislike how the club employs call centres to contact members to buy raffle tickets and the like?

I know we need money and all that but gee it's annoying. I pay what I can for my memberships / merchandise / functions. Having some awkward rando from a Sydney call centre ring me pretending to actually support the Dogs is cringeworthy.

Also how much % actually gets back to the club if you buy off these peddlers? My guess is not much.

Anyone else dislike how the club employs call centres to contact members to buy raffle tickets and the like?

I know we need money and all that but gee it's annoying. I pay what I can for my memberships / merchandise / functions. Having some awkward rando from a Sydney call centre ring me pretending to actually support the Dogs is cringeworthy.

Also how much % actually gets back to the club if you buy off these peddlers? My guess is not much.

Just say I am not interested. Thanks anyway. No big deal.

The club has been proactively awesome in my dealings.

I had a call a couple of months back, told them I wasn't interested, especially when it comes from a Call Centre who are probably paid on success of call conversions

As above, told them I wasn't able to help them with the raffle at this time, she was cool - haven't received another call since.

I was only a bit annoyed because the pitch was a little manipulative. "You've been one of 1500 people selected for an exclusive" blah blah, thought I was getting some kind of special membership offer, turns out it was just a special exclusive offer to buy a $100 raffle ticket. Was a bit of a disappointment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back