Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Walcott, Fab, Song and Diaby return this weekend. Fitness test for RVP, Bendtner and Ramsey.

Denilson the only definite fresh injury and will miss for a little while.

Great news all round.

Jens also played in the reserves. Apparently he totally missed a back pass (ala Robinson in Euro 08 qualifiers) and got caught on the ball trying to dribble his way out of defence. :cool:

Jessica Watson

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 3, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Packers, Penguins, Kevin Muscat
What are your thoughts on Wilshere being picked for the England U/21 European Championship side in the Summer?

Apparently Cesc was tweeting something about playing too many games at such a young age being a bad idea.

Jessica Watson

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 3, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Packers, Penguins, Kevin Muscat
Those consistently picked in the England senior team should have the option to choose whether they want to play for the U/21's or not at the Euro tournaments.

If they want to go, good luck to them, but if they want the rest in the off-season, then they should be allowed that luxury (apparently Carroll is going to be picked as one of the players between 21-23), I am not impressed about that.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Those consistently picked in the England senior team should have the option to choose whether they want to play for the U/21's or not at the Euro tournaments.

If they want to go, good luck to them, but if they want the rest in the off-season, then they should be allowed that luxury (apparently Carroll is going to be picked as one of the players between 21-23), I am not impressed about that.

Agreed. After all, the U21 team's purpose is to develop players for the senior team - if an U21 player is in the seniors he does not need any further developing at U21 level.

Smyth94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Oilers
Shamelessly confident about our chances again! I know we still have to put up with Squillaci and Almunia but the news about Theo, Fabs and RVP has really boosted my spirits - especially Theo, makes so much difference to our side.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
if fit, cesc, walcott and song should all be automatic choices to start. agreed on theo, how we have missed him! and with RvP fit to play as well im hopeful of 3 points tonight and getting back on the winners list

Blackburn at home - If there ever is a guaranteed three points, this is it. They are just terrible away to the big teams.

If we don't win this, then we've got no hope this season.

I blame you for ruining my night.

****ing all this way and all that money, and not even one solitary goal to show for it, let alone a win.

Deserved boos from the crowd, was an insipid performance from the same old "We're Arsenal, we don't need to try" team.

Season is pretty much over now, we're no longer in charge of our own fate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ben_09

Club Legend
Suspended
Jan 2, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Knicks
May aswell look forward to next season.

in: Lansbury, myachi, JET, Bartley

out: Denilson, Rosciky

We need to sign something different as well, a striker that can run on to balls instead of playing with his back to goal. Afobe? Who knows.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
and here we are again. season promised so much...fought hard to be in a position to actually win something (and this season, we were in the hunt for 4 trophies)...and when it comes to crunch time, again we fail to deliver

to not even score a goal at home to blackburn, with the strongest side we've put out in a month or so, is just embarrassing. a massive choke from man united now will be needed now, but i cant see that happening

anyway, its all irrelevant if we cant even score goals and keep failing to win.

im trying to recall, when is the last game we actually won? in any competition?

ben_09

Club Legend
Suspended
Jan 2, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Knicks
and here we are again. season promised so much...fought hard to be in a position to actually win something (and this season, we were in the hunt for 4 trophies)...and when it comes to crunch time, again we fail to deliver

to not even score a goal at home to blackburn, with the strongest side we've put out in a month or so, is just embarrassing. a massive choke from man united now will be needed now, but i cant see that happening

anyway, its all irrelevant if we cant even score goals and keep failing to win.

im trying to recall, when is the last game we actually won? in any competition?

Stoke @ home 1-0.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Stoke @ home 1-0.

ahh thanks mate...geez that feels a long time ago

in fact i just looked it up. it was february 23...over 5 weeks ago. i guess that sums it up really, we went through the month of march without a victory of any kind

given the stage of the season now, a draw is as good as a loss. a couple of weeks ago we were claimed to be in the box seat, with an 'easier' draw, a game in hand, united still to come at the emirates etc etc

but all of that is useless if you fail to win. by the time united come to the emirates, the title will likely already be officially theirs.

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
I blame you for ruining my night.

****ing all this way and all that money, and not even one solitary goal to show for it, let alone a win.

Deserved boos from the crowd, was an insipid performance from the same old "We're Arsenal, we don't need to try" team.

Season is pretty much over now, we're no longer in charge of our own fate

I didn't mean it was a a guaranteed 3 pts, I meant it was the closest game to it in this league.

And we ****ed it up.

that_dood

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
I haven't given up yet as I still reckon we will beat United at home. But I can't see us winning all the other games so really we need United to start dropping points, and they just aren't.:(

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
We`ve had utd having a poor one (by their standards) chels having a very poor one, and then there is Arsenal having the usual Arsenal season. This was our best chance in years to win the title, the thing is you can not be suprised, disappointed, but not suprised, so ****ing frustrating this club, no winning mentality in this current group.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
interesting points discussed in this article:

http://blogs.soccernet.com/arsenal/archives/2011/04/clueless_1.php

hard to see wenger leaving arsenal, but at what point do we decide that 6 consecutive seasons without a trophy is unacceptable? something has to give. anyway, all this talk of united eventually dropping points is irrelevant when we continue to fail to score a goal

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
TBH, this "sack Wenger" talk shits me.

Labelling him as the problem is fine but who is the solution? How many better managers are there and which are available?

Mourinho is unrealistic at this point in time. Signing a low profile manager will not appease many supporters and could lead to a mass exodus of stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back