Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no way we're getting a DM now. With talk of Wilshere playing that role, with Arteta and Flamini capable of that position.
I hear Chambers is quite versatile and can play DM as well.
Would have preferred Schneiderlin but oh well, good to see we're spending decent money on players with potential. In all honesty I don't remember Chambers all that well.
Maybe, just maybe....this is the year Diaby stays fit.

Fair enough.

How long do you keep him on the books now that there's two ahead of him?

It really depends on how well his (pending) loan spell goes. His development has been stagnated due to lack of playing time behind Sagna. But a season of first team football somewhere will help decide if he'll be good enough for the number 1 RB spot at Arsenal down the track.

Then again, if a decent offer comes along for him (incorporating the English tax), Wenger might cash in.

I heard that Jenko will now be sold? Chambers is past Jenko as it is and he's only 19.

It still makes no sense to me.

If we were so keen on Chambers, why buy Debuchy as well? Just keep Jenko as backup - he's good enough.

I think he will loan out Jenko with an option to buy. He clearly does not rate him no more.

It still makes no sense to me.

If we were so keen on Chambers, why buy Debuchy as well? Just keep Jenko as backup - he's good enough.

I think he will loan out Jenko with an option to buy. He clearly does not rate him no more.
I don't think you'd want to be going into the season with Chambers and Jenko. It makes sense having Debuchy there until Chambers is ready to step straight in but as you say, that leaves Jenko out in the wilderness.

Chambers play's CB for England U19's (their captain), he also grew up playing midfield for saints academy. So he might not come in as right back though I think its the most likely outcome.

Jenkinson desperately needs a loan.

I don't think you'd want to be going into the season with Chambers and Jenko. It makes sense having Debuchy there until Chambers is ready to step straight in but as you say, that leaves Jenko out in the wilderness.

It's not as if Debuchy is an old fart. He has 5+ years left in him.

Oh well, I don't want to complain about spending after I've been calling for it for years.

Just hope it doesn't come at the expense of a DM.

It's not as if Debuchy is an old fart. He has 5+ years left in him.

Oh well, I don't want to complain about spending after I've been calling for it for years.

Just hope it doesn't come at the expense of a DM.
No doubt. I love Debuchy, can't wait to watch him in your team.

Chambers does have some flexibility as to where he could play as well.

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook 19m

Am told #afc have offered Gnabry and Jenkinson to #saintsfc on loan as part of the Chambers deal

Surely we can use that as leverage to net Schneiderlin?

I'd be happy for both those boys to play at Southampton for a season. Best academy in the country so their development team must be doing something right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt we will be seeing anything from that first half "experiment" in the season proper. Akpom surely will come on for the second half.

No sign of Wilshere as a holding mid, Arteta very much playing that role

Hayden is quite decent. No sign of Sanogo though, is he on this tour?
When Olsson and Toral came on the commentator said that all 20 of Arsenal's touring party had now featured in this game, so I guess he isn't. Strange really you'd think we would take any chance to get games into him.

When Olsson and Toral came on the commentator said that all 20 of Arsenal's touring party had now featured in this game, so I guess he isn't. Strange really you'd think we would take any chance to get games into him.

Yes that's what I thought too. At the end of it these games are just exhibitions and you want to come through with no injuries, but I thought Sanogo should be playing as many minutes as possible.

Unless he's injured. Not sure.

Our possible CL playoff opponents ...

AEL Limassol
Athletic Bilbao (Zenit would become seeded instead if they beat AEL Limassol)
Dnipro
Copenhagen
Feyenoord
Besiktas
Grasshoppers
Lille
Standard Liege
Panathinakos

Bilbao would be tough but we should do the rest comfortably. If Zenit lose though, Bilbao would be seeded so we cannot draw them.

The other seeded teams are Porto, Leverkusen and Napoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back