Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gun__1406549940_chambers_arsenal5.jpg

Calum Chambers official.

So that's a winger/attacking mid, young defender to cover RB/CB, another starting RB and a keeper to battle Wojo all signed before pre-season is fully underway.

Bag that elusive Defensive/holding mid and I honestly can't remember a more productive and straight forward transfer window in the last 7-8 years?

------------Wojo

Gibbs----Kos----Mert----Debuchy

------Schneiderlin--Ramsey

Cazorla-----Ozil------Sanchez

------------Giroud

Bench: Ospina, Chambers, Ox, Wilshire, Nacho, Flamini, Walcott

Depth: Martinez, Gnabry, Arteta, Verm, Poldolski, Bellerin, Campbell, Ignasi Miquel, Sanogo, Rosicky and Zelalem

Still think we are a forward short but I doubt very much anyone else will be coming in apart from the DM position.

I make the assumption that because Zelalem has been given no 35 he'll be pushing for the first team this season.

Toral could very well be another.

And I have no idea who that DM would be, i picked him because he seems the most likely, though i'd back Arsenal to beat Spurs to any player.

Heard this morning that Schneiderlin prefers Spurs because he won't have to fight for his spot there. If true not really keen for a player with that mindset anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For All our good work in the window, for me its going to come down to weather we sign that quality DM. Our 4 signings Ospina & Debuchy are replacements for Fabianski & Sagna, we have signed a quality young player in Chambers and a World Class forward in Sanchez ( which is great) but as it currently stands still both Arteta & Giroud are starters which = We cant win the league.... Sign a top quality DM and i will have a different view

Vastly underrating Giroud. Yes his finishing leaves a little to be desired but passing and positioning are first class.

It was our lack of threat from wide positions which hampered his and Ozil's overall game.

Now with Sanchez offering another genuine attacking threat i think Ozil and Giroud will shine.

I think Giroud will be fine with the likes of Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott, Sanchez etc around him fit and firing.

Relying on Flamini/Arteta as the midfield anchor is the major worry.

Solid backup player for the DM position but we really need to sign a Khedira, Schneiderlin, etc type player. Wonder who that will be...

He's a decent back up yes, but Bender or Carvalho will hopefully be acquired. Have read a lot about Wilshere being converted into a DM but not sure how serious that is.

Giroud is 3 in 23 against the top 7 but if you all want to be deluded thats your call

Our record in general against the top 5 or 6 is quite poor. And has been for sometime. Wenger recently spoke about no more forwards being purchased after Sanchez was signed. It is quite possible that he sees Sanchez as our CF, but I doubt we will see much of that until at least Walcott is back to play wide on a flank.

He's a decent back up yes, but Bender or Carvalho will hopefully be acquired. Have read a lot about Wilshere being converted into a DM but not sure how serious that is.

Our record in general against the top 5 or 6 is quite poor. And has been for sometime. Wenger recently spoke about no more forwards being purchased after Sanchez was signed. It is quite possible that he sees Sanchez as our CF, but I doubt we will see much of that until at least Walcott is back to play wide on a flank.

Yeah it is nothing short of woeful our record vs the top 6 teams, yeah when Theo I returns i think it may be a front 4 of sanchez/Walcott/Ozil/Cazorla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back