Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positives +

Didn't lose.
Bellerin - looking good with getting forward, did some great defensive work
Nacho - decent at CB
Alexis - is everything we wanted - fast, quick feet, not afraid to dribble a player, smart, good shot etc etc
Campbell - looked tricky and threatening, worked hard to win the ball back,
Welbeck - Working hard defensively, took his one chance.

Negatives -

Ox - was good for 10 mintues and then....nothing. Campbell did more in his 20 minute cameo.
Wilshere - was average
Cazorla - seems to have lost his magic
Mert - You're a ******* Giant. You're an experienced defender. If you cant win headers 1v1 then you're no good to us.

Double Negative --

******* Hull. * off.

Worst Arsenal team to have ever taken the pitch in living memory.

Sanchez is a champion and Welbeck continues to come on in leaps and bounds but the others that started, are complete and utter bullshit.

Diame walked around the pitch at his leisure and when he used his strength to power past how many? three, four of our blokes, all our limp wristed pretenders did was complain that the naughty man was too rough! Ohhh, poor little darlings!

Wilshere's great one moment then horrible the next and the next and the next. He is more trouble than what he's worth and needs psychiatric help. The kid Bellerin tries hard but he's not a fullback and don't reckon he'll ever be one and right now, is not up to EPL standard.

Worst Arsenal team to have ever taken the pitch in living memory.

Sanchez is a champion and Welbeck continues to come on in leaps and bounds but the others that started, are complete and utter bullshit.

Diame walked around the pitch at his leisure and when he used his strength to power past how many? three, four of our blokes, all our limp wristed pretenders did was complain that the naughty man was too rough! Ohhh, poor little darlings!

If only some of our blokes showed that much animation, passion or urgency in trying to win the ball as they do when complaining to the ref. Much of this comes down to the victim's mentality and sense of entitlement of our manager. Every week I hear him moan about poor old Arsenal copping a bad decision, an unlucky injury, having to endure the other team wasting time, being fouled professionaly in the final third etc etc.

Tiresome. The man is out of ideas in the league. We cannot even beat the lower teams anymore - something Wenger used to hang his hat on and trumpet our 'spirit and quality'.

FA Cup is our only hope again.

Wilshere's great one moment then horrible the next and the next and the next. He is more trouble than what he's worth and needs psychiatric help. The kid Bellerin tries hard but he's not a fullback and don't reckon he'll ever be one and right now, is not up to EPL standard.

I was impressed with Bellerin this morning. I thought he was amongst our best players aside from Sanchez who was a class above everyone else.

Bellerin I feel is more of a long term RB for us than Jenko is.

Even though that 1st goal for them was a foul Flamini still could have got his foot to the ball instead of waiting for the ref to call the foul, it was pretty poor play imo. Almost would have rathered to have lost that game we were just really quite s**t.

Should have made that great start count instead we had to rely on brilliance from Alexis Sanchez for both goals, it's worrying, Cazorla whilst he is trying hard is a hack has been for a while now and hope he gets moved on next season he just can't cut it anymore.

Oxlade went from a bright start to anonymous to detrimental to the team all in the space of 90 minutes he had a shocker, he really needs to start stepping up anytime soon would be nice. These bursts of nice flashy play are nice to watch but really he hasn't produced anything of note yet and is inconsistent.

Mertesacker had a couple of decent interceptions but that 2nd goal he let in was atrocious, really poor defending from him think this is going to be the start of the down slide. Seriously Monreal did a better job than him and that's the 1st time I've ever seen him play there.

Bellerin looks handy, Campbell should be getting more game time looked the goods in that late cameo.

Bit of a nothing match from Wilshere but at least he tried to do a bit more creatively than Cazorla ever did.

Welbeck is looking like a great pick up for us 5 goals in 7 matches now and imo shits all over Giroud generally speaking.

Such a frustrating and disappointing game we played, we have to start winning or top 4 will suddenly become hard to reach.

Oxlade went from a bright start to anonymous to detrimental to the team all in the space of 90 minutes he had a shocker, he really needs to start stepping up anytime soon would be nice. These bursts of nice flashy play are nice to watch but really he hasn't produced anything of note yet and is inconsistent.

Time to drop him and start Campbell.

If he doesn't start in midweek, he might as well void his Arsenal contract because he never will. Theo and Gnabry back soon will make that impossible.

Time to drop him and start Campbell.

If he doesn't start in midweek, he might as well void his Arsenal contract because he never will. Theo and Gnabry back soon will make that impossible.

It might be a fitness issue? As in he cant play out the full games yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilshire gets pretty much hacked from one end of the pitch to the other. How do you stop Jack ? You kick him. It's pretty much black and white. Year in year out he's the most fouled player in the league. A lot of it is his fault because he is that good AND his style of play , quick feet,quick one/twos, sneaky,take the piss,nutmegs,silk.
And he has a short fuse, of course he's going to get ****ed off " ref are you going to protect me today, are you going to let me play football ? Or am I taking matters into my own hands" ? Of course he's going to want retribution, an eye for an eye , if he gets hacked early, you know he's going to try and even up, not be stood over.
I feel the boys frustration.

The reason it keeps happening is simple - Jack always gets sucked into the wannabe tough guy.

As long as he remains this petulant, he will continue to draw the same tactics. It starts and ends with him.

The reason it keeps happening is simple - Jack always gets sucked into the wannabe tough guy.

As long as he remains this petulant, he will continue to draw the same tactics. It starts and ends with him.
But there comes a point where if he isn't afforded the protection by the officials of course he's going to react. THE most fouled player in The Prem, it speaks for itself.

But there comes a point where if he isn't afforded the protection by the officials of course he's going to react. THE most fouled player in The Prem, it speaks for itself.
Jacks biggest problem is when beating a man he keeps hold of the ball. But with the way the team plays he probably doesnt have any good passing options.

Very poor game from the lads this morning. Stuffed around with it for too long, then crumbled once Hull got on the break.

Ramsey on the bench, Kos, Ozil, Santi and Chambers out of the side doesn't help. Add to that a makeshift defence, but the performance still wasn't good enough.

Wenger's playing with this 4-1-4-1 formation which in my opinion clutters up the front third. Put another in central defence and free up the wingers and attacking midfield. 4-2-3-1 is the obvious choice.

Once we get a healthy list, is does look pretty imposing:

Welbeck
Santi, Ozil, Sanchez
Wilshere, Ramsey
Gibbs, BFG, Kos, Debuchy
Szczes

We do need to strengthen the squad though.

Wenger must have been on BigFooty and saw my posts urging him to sign Benzema. He's apparently called him to discuss a January transfer and Real might budge. I hope they do.

There has been a bit of chatter about Mats Hummels moving to the Emirates. I must admit I got an immediate when I saw those glorious words on my computer screen. Even if it costs 32m quid, do it!

Sami Khedira is also linked to a North London move. No doubt he would strengthen the CDM line, but not for 200,000 quid a week. Has to lose the prima donna attitude too.

One that hasn't been discussed is David Alaba from Bayern Munich. It would be difficult to get Bayern to get rid of their prized defender, but we need a fast, technically brilliant left-back. Gibbs is a good player, but he looks unsettled with the ball and I'd prefer Alaba. I know it sounds pedantic, but Alaba would be a magnificent acquisition.

Bottom line is that I, like many Gooners, are fed up with this bullshit. Time to change something. For me, the congested attacking midfield is the first change that needs to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back