Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the second half of City vs Middlesborough...sheesh 'Borough are dominating and should've been 2-0, City's defence are walk about, they look so tired.

Paulista deal agreed, according to Villarreal.

And City, Chelsea, Spurs knocked out of the FA Cup.

What a beautiful start to a Sunday morning!

And old school Simpsons to commence within the hour on fox 8.

2999013.jpg

Whoever is to win the Cup eventually has to overcome the bigger premier league clubs anyway. Like last year.

Can't take anyone lightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really impressed with nabbing Paulista (work permit pending).

Second only to Laporte for intercepts in the BBVA, young enough to grow into a premier CB and could be a ten year player. It's very good business.

Read also this morning we've tabled an offer to Dortmund for Grosskreutz (sp?) who has 18 months left on his contract, can play all across the back line and is a huge upgrade on Monreal. Under 4mil as well. And the Lacazette flirting grows stronger by the day, can't see Lyon losing him in this window but he'll be worth a mint by seasons end so worth a splurge.

Interesting reports on Coquelin's long-term future with us. The Mirror (lols, i know) reported he is happy with the terms on offer, but that he wants to wait and see whether he'll still be starting games for the rest of the season once Wilshere returns from injury - which is pretty soon from all reports.

I don't mind this if true - puts pressure on the manager to not simply rush back one of his favourites, and defensively we're much better suited to Coquelin in the side anyway. But I personally don't think Wilshere is that great and would be rapt if he was offered to Soton + money for Schneiderlin in the Summer.

Coq should play out the rest of he season, he deserves it on current form.

Arteta and Flamini are on their last legs and should be phased out making room for Coq and another DM.

Wilshere aint going anywhere.

United are gash. They'll be dumped before we get to 'em. ;)

We still haven't beaten those campaigners since Ferguson left. We're due soon surely.

Coq should play out the rest of he season, he deserves it on current form.

Arteta and Flamini are on their last legs and should be phased out making room for Coq and another DM.

Wilshere aint going anywhere.

Agreed, he's done more in the holding role in just a handful of games than the others before have over the course of the season.

Wilshere is here to stay and likely future captain.

Don't want to burst the bubble, but with the central midfield depth we have within the squad at the moment I find it hard to see how a midfield squad of Coq, Wilshere, Ramsey, Santi and Ozil (not including Arteta who will most definitely be around next season) will somehow fit into a defensively and offensively efficient team without at least one of Ozil and Wilshere benched consistently. Ramsey should be a lock to start, Coq/a Schneiderlin-type signing should also be a lock, leaving room for 1 more of Ozil, Wilshere and Santi.

I'm not concerned about the players being happy. Far from it. But I'm concerned over the likelihood of Arsene playing too many small creative types in wrong positions (i.e. shifting one of Santi or Ozil to the left / Wilshere on the left / playing a Santi/Wilshere/Ramsey midfield grouping with diminished defensive accountability). If Coq really is holding off a new contract, then it's because he knows that the position of a true defensively-minded midfielder in the side isn't guaranteed - and if he's right that is truly worrying. Essentially, If Coq's reason for not signing is due to Arsene buying a class DM i.e. Schneiderlin then I wouldn't have an issue. But If Coq doesn't sign because to a lack of game time due to the manager's preference to play the above Santi/Wilshere/Ramsey midfield or something similar, I would be concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back