Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to get through and see Theo and Ozil on the score sheet.

Wenger said the Gabriel signing should be completed tomorrow, which is also excellent news. It's nice not waiting until the last few minutes of deadline day.

Agreed, would be nice not to have to click refresh on those transfer blogs every couple of minutes on deadline day.

Walcott it seems is considered a striker, that would likely explain why we've allowed three forwards to go out this window.

I still hope we dip in for another CB in this window, we needed extra cover before we let go of Vermaelen. Seemed to be well into Loic Perrin before Christmas. Otherwise I wonder if we're still into Winston Reid who could come cheaper the longer the window passes (or may be eyed up as a pre-contract signing if I'm not mistaken).

I still hope we dip in for another CB in this window, we needed extra cover before we let go of Vermaelen. Seemed to be well into Loic Perrin before Christmas. Otherwise I wonder if we're still into Winston Reid who could come cheaper the longer the window passes (or may be eyed up as a pre-contract signing if I'm not mistaken).

Unlikely to get two centre halves this window. In the summer, who knows. Depends on Mertesacker's form and Koscielny's ankle.

But for now Wenger would probably be content with:

- Koscielny
- Mertesacker
- Paulista
- Monreal
- Chambers

With the possibility of adding Debuchy as an option albeit he is out for 2 months.

AmusingRegalClingfish.gif

You're Arsene Wenger. You've played an XI that comprises of second stringers and players returning from injury. For the most part they've played very well, and thoroughly deserved your two goal lead at half time. But after half time, a couple of moments of laxness, combined with energy from your opponents, has lead to an unnecessary tenseness at the end of the game.

Sitting on your bench is arguably the best player in the country, one who shown a distinct willingness to work both ways as hard as anyone, one who has shown that he prefers playing as often as possible.

What would you do?

I've no problem with Wenger bringing Alexis on. I've come to genuinely believe that he's one of those players that simply thrives on running himself into the ground, game after game, as often as possible
And how would you feel if he got injured for three months if playing under these circumstances?

You have to train.

You don't have to play your best player when it's unnecessary.

TBH if he's not on edge or in the red zone then it would just be extremely unlucky for him to have got injured, but I suppose we could have opted against putting him given the situation of the game.

Anything can happen though, could have had a broken leg in the 89th minute in a match he didn't need to play and be out for a year.

My main point was, why did he play when it wasn't necessary IMO.

Yeah I can't argue that it was necessary for him to come on at 3-1 up so you have a point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said his passing wasn't great.

It isn't great.

I seriously don't want to see Flamini in the starting XI again - the guy is absolute gash. Still resent him for being such a * when he went on a free to Milan. Wouldn't get into the Brighton XI.

We're talking about Giroud, not Flamini, and Giroud has just about the best short passing game in the entire squad
Agreed, not sure what they are on about slanting Giroud's passing ability it's clearly one of his strengths, his link up play is fantastic. Dude who said he can't pass obviously doesn't watch Arsenal play or he/she wouldn't be saying such a daft thing :$

We're talking about Giroud, not Flamini, and Giroud has just about the best short passing game in the entire squad

I know who we're talking about and whilst Giroud's flicks and one touches can look good when they come off, he also misplaces the simplest of passes. Giroud has a lot of great attributes and even when he's not playing well (ie. yesterday) he occupies both CBs which makes our other attackers more dangerous.

I said his passing isn't "great", not s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back