Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
The clubs goal is to win the league each season. That's never changed.

The minimum expectation is to make the Champions league because of the revenue. Revenue which has allowed the stadium payment to be under control and now free up funds to add that "Class" that you want.

Ozil and Sanchez have been added in the last two off seasons, We made a play for Suarez too. We are now in a position to get the players we want.

Expect another "class" signing in the off season - Looking particularly at Germany/Dortmund.
No it isn't, it's to make top four.

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
The fact we came so close with Eboue and Clichy as fullbacks is credit to the rest of the side. So many dropped points because of those 2.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Rosicky should have had a better career than what he has had, he is just so prone to injuries unfortunately and it really hampered from him hitting higher heights than what he has, still a fantastic player though and I love it when he scores a goal such a ridiculous talent just a shame about all the injuries he's had to contend with throughout his career.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Rosicky should have had a better career than what he has had, he is just so prone to injuries unfortunately and it really hampered from him hitting higher heights than what he has, still a fantastic player though and I love it when he scores a goal such a ridiculous talent just a shame about all the injuries he's had to contend with throughout his career.
I don't think our medical department helped him out at all.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I don't think our medical department helped him out at all.

Of course they helped!!

mr-mcgreg_002_1196470926.jpg

Smyth94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Oilers
Very strong first XI with lots of talent, but just didn't have the leadership/steel to galvanize us after the Birmingham debacle.

What should've been three points turned into a circus with the Gallas meltdown, Eduardo injury etc.

We also had crazy Al in front of goal too - amazing that we were so close to winning the title with quite a few plonkers in the first XI - that midfield carried our whole team that season, shredded the PL.

That Birmingham game...it was either Adebayor or Bendtner that missed a 1v1 to make it 3-1 and game over before the PK. To be fair to that squad, a lot of the blame lies with AW for not strengthening our defence in January (new GK and CB) - cost us the title IMO. Also Rosicky getting injured was massive blow.

Adebayor also had that one good season which made him believe he deserved as much money as Henry and never needed to try again.

End of that season Hleb went to kill his career at Barcelona, Flamini walked on a free to dent his at Milan, and in theory Hleb was replaced by Nasri, but with Gilberto finally leaving too nobody came into that CDM role.

Looking through the old transfer records is interesting, because you can pinpoint exactly when our central defensive shortfall began - before the 10/11 season, which is where we offloaded Sol Campbell, Gallas, Silvestre, and Senderos and replaced them with just Koscielny and Squillaci, this happening the season after we traded Toure out for Vermaelen.

Last edited:

Lestat

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Flying out to London on the weekend. Anyone have any idea on whether it's possible to get tickets for a game at Emirates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Flying out to London on the weekend. Anyone have any idea on whether it's possible to get tickets for a game at Emirates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long are you there for?

You wont get tickets for the next two home league games or FA Cup quarterfinal so don't even think about it.

You wont get tickets to the FA Cup final should we make it either.

Swansea Sunderland or West Brom games are your best bet.

Always try the club website. Otherwise you'll need to make use of a resale site.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
An away game may be a better bet?

Man United away would be no chance.

Hull and Burnley are both 4 hours drive (or 3 n half by train) from London if he wants to make the trip.

Even then you can only purchase Arsenal away tickets as a registered away member with the club.

Lestat

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
How long are you there for?

You wont get tickets for the next two home league games or FA Cup quarterfinal so don't even think about it.

You wont get tickets to the FA Cup final should we make it either.

Swansea Sunderland or West Brom games are your best bet.

Always try the club website. Otherwise you'll need to make use of a resale site.

i'm there for 4 weeks, but family is only there for two, and I really want to get my son to an Arsenal game, as he's an gooner nut. :)

I was there this time last year and managed to get tickets for the Westham game through a friend of a friend who was a member. I'm hoping for the same this time....my son will only be there for the Liverpool game so I don't like our chances.

Was there last in October....was able to get tickets for Westham v QPR quite easily. Pretty confident I'll be able to get tickets for a Westham game this time around, but like I said...he'd much rather go to an Arsenal game, and so would I for that matter.

Oh well....he might have to settle for an Emirates tour.

I will try the club website. I can always go for scalped tickets I guess but that would be minimum 100 quid. $400+ for tickets...not sure if Im that eager. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back