Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been abysmal. And if that result had happened two months ago Pellegrini would be gone. As it is, he's a dead man walking.

Watched the Chelsea QPR clash last night too and Chelsea aren't getting touched. One of the most laborious matches I remember seeing but they always find a way to get that winner.
I can't see how Pellegrini is supposed to have them playing. It seems like he's working on a '* it, I'll stick the best 11 players I have out there, and she'll be right!' mindset.

The way are travelling and with how Chelsea are playing we we should not lose to them at home in 2 weeks in fact we should probably get maximum points but we can't catch them.

The way are travelling and with how Chelsea are playing we we should not lose to them at home in 2 weeks in fact we should probably get maximum points but we can't catch them.
TBH, anything less than split points, and I think we have a right to be unhappy.

Chelsea are the best team at playing s**t and winning.

We will destroy them but still lose.
Very true. Jose has made a career out of getting the results, no matter what.

But, outside Barca, we're the form team in Europe ATM. And when was the last time we could say that? When was the last time we could say we go into a game against Chelsea in better form than they?

Chelsea are the best team at playing s**t and winning.

We will destroy them but still lose.
PS As always Benno, love the sig. But it's a little inaccurate. Should say "Carlton flogged by West Coast - Round 2, 2015".

Just sayin' ;)

That's something to be rather happy about - we're definitely improving as a team. But have we spent even a moment in first place this season?

If we were to seal 2nd, or even 3rd, and go back to back in the Cup - for all intents and purposes, that's a successful season indeed.

*If*....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were to seal 2nd, or even 3rd, and go back to back in the Cup - for all intents and purposes, that's a successful season indeed.

*If*....

I agree but still our failure tho get past the rd 16 in the UCL is a massive blight on our campaign especially given we got handed Monaco.

I agree but still our failure tho get past the rd 16 in the UCL is a massive blight on our campaign especially given we got handed Monaco.

Yes that first leg remains one our worst performances in recent years. But overall, in terms of improvement, a 2nd/3rd finish and Cup defence etc is still moving forward.

Because we tend to tumble out of the Champions League at the same stage year on year anyway.

Yes that first leg remains one our worst performances in recent years. But overall, in terms of improvement, a 2nd/3rd finish and Cup defence etc is still moving forward.

Because we tend to tumble out of the Champions League at the same stage year on year anyway.
We had a shocker at home, and Ollie had the worst game he'll ever play. Fair to say, the fact that we nearly stole it two weeks later in Monte Carlo shows that the club, and Arsene, have learnt a few things this year.

And that gives me pretty high hopes for next year.

We had a shocker at home, and Ollie had the worst game he'll ever play. Fair to say, the fact that we nearly stole it two weeks later in Monte Carlo shows that the club, and Arsene, have learnt a few things this year.

And that gives me pretty high hopes for next year.

We've also nearly stolen it against Milan & Bayern in recent years too. And did it again this year. We appear to be under prepared for some reason in the first legs.

We've also nearly stolen it against Milan & Bayern in recent years too. And did it again this year. We appear to be under prepared for some reason in the first legs.
I think we went in too confident tbh.

We'd been in good form, found out what a DM can do and got the softest draw we could. I think we just went in overconfident. And paid for it appropriately.

Impossible to say that if we made it through to the quarters that we would still be flying in the league.

Being knocked out hasn't been so bad.
Exactly. People expect us to win the treble every year judging by some comments.

Impossible to say that if we made it through to the quarters that we would still be flying in the league.

Being knocked out hasn't been so bad.

Err ... it's not as if we would have played any extra matches since the Monaco game.

The quarters just started. If we were to feel it, it'd be in the next few weeks.

I don't believe that's what he was implying though, I think he meant its more about the response since the criticism from Monaco.

That's how I read it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back