Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arshavin is supposedly going to announce his retirement shortly, his contract at Zenit about to expire.

Now 34, but still looks 20.

Russia missing the World Cup also effected him. Seemed to lose interest after that.

He was a completely different player when in a Russian shirt. Played in his best position and did what he wanted.

Could barely recognise him towards the end when playing for Arsenal. Seemed disconnected and disinterested.

So Poldi's agent confirms he's off to Gala soon.

That means we are down a forward.

Walcott/Giroud/Welbeck/Sanogo

Very nice vid of all the seasons goals!

Am up to goal 52 so far. Ramsey's goal vs Gala is the clear standout for me. Hit it ridiculously well.

So Poldi's agent confirms he's off to Gala soon.

That means we are down a forward.

Walcott/Giroud/Welbeck/Sanogo

Sanogo hopefully is not in the mix come the end of the transfer window.

£110k I thought it was? But regardless, it needed to be done.

Now watch him score 15 goals in the champions league this season....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goal 23. That's when we knew we had something special. Alexis could have given up on that play, but he put the second and third efforts in, chased the keeper and won the goal.

As i thought Summer looking very quiet for us after the Cech signing and we are still a couple players short being serious challengers for the league, all looks the goods for us finishing in the top 4 again though.

There is still some 50+ days before the window closes.

No clubs have really made any huge improvements on their squads yet.

Can only just wait and see.

Barcelona announced the signing of Arda Turan. Probably the first really big name to swap clubs.

Still heaps of time left for us, we'll get s**t done.

It's still the first week of July, the market usually heats up early August (or later for us).

Not too worried at the moment. Plenty of time left. We'd only be looking at one or perhaps two signings anyway.

Anyone wanna take a stab at who we will sign before the window ends?
I honestly don't see us getting Bender/Schneiderlin/Carvalho.
Wenger will put faith in what we have and I still think we need another good defensive midfield signing.
Should get a forward but I doubt we will, I agree that Austin would be solid backup/rotation option though.
I would like us to replace Mertesacker (not Gabriel) but it won't happen. Not really the most pressing area of concern though.

Rumours are Arteta has signed a 1 year contract and with it goes the hope of signing serious competition/ cover for Coq.

I think he signed that a few months ago. But don't necessarily think it means we won't sign cover, Arteta was always likely to remain.

Flamini is probably the one to move on. But remains to be seen.

Flamini is contracted, can you see anyone taking his wages on ?

What would be on? About £80k?

I thought we signed him on a 2 year deal but must've been mistaken. He was always a stop gap measure but I can't see us splurging on another holding mid whilst we have all of Coq, Arteta and Flamini on the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back