Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't know WTF we didn't look at Milner. Can (and has) play pretty much anywhere on the park. Instant cover for Coquelin, plus providing resilient cover for the rest of the midfield AND wing-backs. Made it clear that he wasn't really after playing time, but the $$$.

I'm fairly certain he wanted the move specifically for playing time. City were offering him a fair packet of dollars

Milner is a very versatile footballer, have always rated him. But he would've needed guarantees on playing on time I would've thought, money wouldn't have been the be all end all for him. And as HolyRioli said, he was offered a very attractive package from City to retain him.

The lack of striker stocks has been well documented, but we've had plenty of time to make something happen. Most bizarre I find is the reluctance to shore ourselves up in the centre of the park. An injury or suspension to Coq, and we're right back to Arteta/Flamini. That's a hell of a lot of faith Wenger has put into Coq.

Time will tell.

Milner is a very versatile footballer, have always rated him. But he would've needed guarantees on playing on time I would've thought, money wouldn't have been the be all end all for him. And as HolyRioli said, he was offered a very attractive package from City to retain him.

The lack of striker stocks has been well documented, but we've had plenty of time to make something happen. Most bizarre I find is the reluctance to shore ourselves up in the centre of the park. An injury or suspension to Coq, and we're right back to Arteta/Flamini. That's a hell of a lot of faith Wenger has put into Coq.

Time will tell.
My concern with Coquelinho is that he seems to have started this season with a bit of swagger. He knew he had to prove himself last season, but he's feeling more confident about his position now. He REALLY should have been sent of against Newcastle, and it's not the first time this season that's true of.

Are you trying to tell me in the 7 transfer windows since RVP left no World Class strikers have been available ?

By all means change the goalposts and include the years where we had no transfer budget.

The facts are pretty simple if you look at the transfers in the last two years - Real Madrid and Barcelona get to hand pick who they want, PSG, Chelsea and City have thrown unfathomable amounts of money to get the next ones down, and then beyond that it's been a huge struggle. Bayern have had the luxury of Germany and the good fortune that this is a period of heights in German football.

Even Man United had to get Falcao on a massive loan deal just to get a striker in, and they have a lot more pull and purse than we do.

We tried to get Suarez, Liverpool broke the law to keep him, and now he's at Barcelona.

We got Alexis, but he doesn't work as a CF in England.

Then the player has to want to come too - look at Draxler. Plays for Schalke, has us after him, Barca, RM, ManU, Juventus, Bayern, and what does he do? Takes a 5 year deal at Wolfsburg. Some players just don't want to be somewhere else.

Last edited:
By all means change the goalposts and include the years where we had no transfer budget.

The facts are pretty simple if you look at the transfers in the last two years - Real Madrid and Barcelona get to hand pick who they want, PSG, Chelsea and City have thrown unfathomable amounts of money to get the next ones down, and then beyond that it's been a huge struggle. Bayern have had the luxury of Germany and the good fortune that this is a period of heights in German football.

Even Man United had to get Falcao on a massive loan deal just to get a striker in, and they have a lot more pull and purse than we do.

We tried to get Suarez, Liverpool broke the law to keep him, and now he's at Barcelona.

We got Alexis, but he doesn't work as a CF in England.

Then the player has to want to come too - look at Draxler. Plays for Schalke, has us after him, Barca, RM, ManU, Juventus, Bayern, and what does he do? Takes a 5 year deal at Wolfsburg. Some players just don't want to be somewhere else.

It's pretty bang on.

As soon as I saw the money Martial was going for I knew we were out. It was a difficult window. And for all the talk of us offloading so many and only signing a keeper, Arsene brought in about half a dozen new youngsters and that has always been his strength. Defensive cover was a must but that is what it is.

Had Benzema/Real Madrid been willing I have no doubt we would have smashed our record and then some. The next best option was Cavani and at 45mil (approx), as good as he is now, is bad business because of his age and speculation on his ability to adjust to the EPL and realistically, no sell on value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
1f6f1850-c6a7-11e4-9607-65dca91c03b3_dannywel.jpg

720p-Arsenal-4-1-Galatasaray.jpg

welbeck-goal-227346.jpg

Arsenal-celebrate-after-D-012.jpg

What's the relevance of images to demonstrate your point?
When you're responding to a post as irrelevant as "Hahahahahahahahahahaha", words aren't going to cut it. HodgeyRoad either didn't watch much of Welbz last season, or has a short memory.

I was personally satisfied with Welbeck's first season at the club. Anyone who wasn't may be hard to please.

When you're responding to a post as irrelevant as "Hahahahahahahahahahaha", words aren't going to cut it. HodgeyRoad either didn't watch much of Welbz last season, or has a short memory.

I was personally satisfied with Welbeck's first season at the club. Anyone who wasn't may be hard to please.

Or, perhaps you're easy to please.

Welbecks biggest problem is he can't create shooting angles for himself. Lost count of the number of times he would receive the ball in behind the opposition defence but would turn back to pass to whoever was on the edge of the box (Ozil, Alexis and Monreal). Whereas if he could manage a dangerous touch that positions himself to be able to get a shot on goal, he wouldn't have to do that and he would probably be a good striker as he certainly has the physical tools, movement, work rate and link up play that good strikers possess.

Mute discussion in any case as from what i've read Welbeck won't be back for a while.

8 goals in 34 apperances ? Hes not the solution to a CF problems also of those 8 three came in one game at home to a piss poor Galatasaray side... he's a decent squad player but he's not the answer to our CF dilemma.
Well obviously he didn't set the world on fire, but he showed enough to suggest he has a bright future at this club.

Or, perhaps you're easy to please.

I'll be the first to admit that a domestic cup victory & a place get in the league isn't good enough from a club with such ample resources.

Mute discussion in any case as from what i've read Welbeck won't be back for a while.

Will resume training in a few weeks. You never know, he might be the reason Wenger didn't invest up front.

Who was Harry Kane before last season? Football is unpredictable.

Will resume training in a few weeks. You never know, he might be the reason Wenger didn't invest up front.

Who was Harry Kane before last season? Football is unpredictable.

Welbeck and Kane are little bit different though, Kane is what 21/22 ? Welbz is now nearly 25 and never scored double figure league goals in a season.

24 for 3 more months, Welbeck is. Nothing is certain, but there's no reason as to why he can't become a real asset for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back