FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the two new shows that aired today I reckon The Blacklist was pretty good and definitely has potential.

Didn't like Hostages. Feels like one of those shows that will tease the heck out of viewers. Won't have the patience for it.
Did you stick with Hostages? I was a bit frustrated early as well, but it's story progression has grown significantly in the last 6-7 episodes. It's the first show I watch now when I download all my shows on a Tuesday (and it definitely wasn't like that earlier on).

Sounds like it may not get a 2nd season though due to ratings, which is a shame.

Nah not really, i mean they are both set in the 40's but Boardwalk is a big budget slow burner set in Atlantic City from HBO where Mob City is a bit quicker Noir series set in LA from TNT and you can tell the difference

i'm watching and enjoying both

Boardwalk is better, but you need more patience with Boardwalk than Mob
Boardwalk is set in the 20's, the Prohibition era in the US.

Of everything I saw this year (and I saw a fair bit), Boardwalk was the best, with Breaking Bad

Nashville arrives in Australia, premiering on SoHo in January. I'm a big fan of this country and western soap drama, starring Connie Britton as the ageing country star, Rayna James. Powers Boothe plays her rich, dodgy southern gentleman father and Hayden Pannetierre as Juliet Barnes, the young up and comer (big with the teen fans).

The clip is of crap quality, however the only trailer that I could find

Yep, into the second season. My missus was keen to watch the first ep (me not so). Called me in to have a look as we were going to the states with Nashville on our agenda. Got hooked. As I mentioned it is soap, but bloody good soap

Yeah, I admit I watch this soap too. I always like Connie Britton, she's great on everything but some of other characters make this show. Love Clare Bowen, she's Australian but does a great southern accent. Great singer too.

Yeah, I admit I watch this soap too. I always like Connie Britton, she's great on everything but some of other characters make this show. Love Clare Bowen, she's Australian but does a great southern accent. Great singer too.

Connie Britton is fantastic and this is the first time I've watched anything with Hayden Panetierre. The two characters could end up being feminist icons.

Gotta love Powers Boothe :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big budget adventure shows seem all the rage now. Trying to chase some of the GOT success. What producers (american especially) often don't realise is; it is about quality not style. KLONDIKE looks like it has potential, but could very easily be another to fall to the commercial traps.

Has an actor playing a main part in a successful show ever transitioned straight into another tv main character and it worked? Having Rob Stark as the main guy in Klondike puts it straight on the back foot imo. Hopefully the character and his acting are good enough to overcome it.

Klondike, Black Sails and the 100 are all based on interesting ideas, so hopefully they can pull them off.

Has an actor playing a main part in a successful show ever transitioned straight into another tv main character and it worked? Having Rob Stark as the main guy in Klondike puts it straight on the back foot imo. Hopefully the character and his acting are good enough to overcome it.

Klondike, Black Sails and the 100 are all based on interesting ideas, so hopefully they can pull them off.
Bryan Cranston says hi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back