FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only finished first season of Arrow recently but I found it pretty underwhelming. Much better than Smallville though.

I've seen all 10 seasons of Smallville. I've seen the first season of Arrow, waiting for the second season on Fox8. From the first season alone, Arrow seems like the type of show worth watching once on tv but not buying them on DVD.

I've seen all 10 seasons of Smallville. I've seen the first season of Arrow, waiting for the second season on Fox8. From the first season alone, Arrow seems like the type of show worth watching once on tv but not buying them on DVD.

Yep. I feel the same way. Alot of people say season 2 picks up though so I'll continue watching. I have a habit of needing to know what happens regardless of how bad a show is. Smallville had so much potential to be a good show but they just destroyed it with the delay of him being able to fly.

Yep. I feel the same way. Alot of people say season 2 picks up though so I'll continue watching. I have a habit of needing to know what happens regardless of how bad a show is. Smallville had so much potential to be a good show but they just destroyed it with the delay of him being able to fly.

Season 2 pisses all over season 1. The problem with Smallville (although I still loved it) was the shitty budget they had.

Season 2 pisses all over season 1. The problem with Smallville (although I still loved it) was the shitty budget they had.
The problem with Smallville is that it felt like it was villain of the week instead of just character development or storylines progressing. I don't need to have a villain in every episode as long as the story is engrossing and moving forward.

Cool thread, just read the whole thing.

Not the newest but hadn't seen these couple of UK shows mentioned - In the Flesh, which is a zombie series without really being about zombies. Done in a charming, compelling British fashion. Getting season 2 myself now.

And Utopia - gratuitously violent conspiracy/mystery show that I thought was amazing. Season 2 comes out this month I think. Highly recommend both.

Hieroglyph Cancelled (Before It Premieres)

The high-concept adventure drama Hieroglyph - which had previously bypassed the pilot stage and had been given a 13-episode series order by FOX - has now been cancelled. The series, from creator Travis Beacham (Pacific Rim), was scheduled to debut during FOX's next midseason.

Per THR, only the first episode of Hieroglyph had been filmed before FOX decided that the storylines and plans for the following installments "weren't meeting a certain level creatively."

It should be noted that Hieroglyph's series order, like Sleepy Hollow (which is now a hit for FOX), came about during ex-entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly's move to largely forgo the standard pilot process for new shows. Reilly stepped down as chairman at the end of last May in what's being stated was a "voluntary" move. Though reports also state that Reilly had been at odds with Fox Networks Group CEO Peter Rice over certain show cancellation decisions. No replacement has been named for Reilly yet.

Hieroglyph is said to have been one of Reilly's passion projects.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/hieroglyph-cancelled-before-it-premieres

The trailer looked alright.

Fox can go **** themselves. Firefly cancellation was wrong, Terra Nova cancellation was wrong, Almost Human? JUST GET ****** YOU OBVIOUSLY JUST HATE YOUR OWN VIEWERS YOU campaignerS!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but Terra Nova was just ordinary, especially considering the budget. Firefly was an obvious mistake, but Almost Human was understandable..... it was a great show but would have had limited appeal and I don't think they did enough with it.

I enjoyed Terra Nova for the few Aussie cameos.

Terra Nova was decent enough for me, but yeah, ridiculous budget, sensible call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dinosaurs!!! I appreciated what the show was trying to do even with the bad acting. I think it was going to get better as actors settled into their roles.

Almost Human was great. Fox just can't hack not getting 10 million viewers for science fiction.

Dinosaurs!!! I appreciated what the show was trying to do even with the bad acting. I think it was going to get better as actors settled into their roles.

Almost Human was great. Fox just can't hack not getting 10 million viewers for science fiction.

It was the Neighbours/Home and Away of dinosaur concepts, if they'd made it a bit darker they might have got somewhere.

Gave up on this quicker than The Blacklist. Same predictable stuff once again

You should have stuck with The Blacklist. It was a very solid 1st season and moved away from the 'crime of the week' being the center piece of the episode.

New skit show starting on 7mate at 10pm next Tuesday with a couple of mates I went to school with, should be hilarious.

It's fronted by Troy Kinne who you may know if you saw the few episodes of that Bounce show with Peter Helliar. He was also on Have You Been Paying Attention?, Comedy Gold and Stand Up Australia. Very funny fella.

Elliot Loney, Nikki Osborne, Josh Lawson, Max Price, CJ Fortuna, Nick Cody & Des Dowling also feature and are also hilarious.

If you liked Full Frontal or The Late Show or Skithouse etc you'll love this.

https://www.facebook.com/kinnetvshow

Aussie comedy! Get around em!

Last edited:
The Strain (FX), based on Guillermo Del Toro's trilogy about a vampire* plague. First airs July 13.

Apparently Del Toro's vampires are pure evil - ie. won't twinkle in the sun!

b38356673d874ac8ca8eca7d69de258a.jpg

*vampires with double jointed jaws:eek:

Watched The Strain as it had 9.2 on imdb (small number of votes at the time). Was an interesting idea but the pilot was s**t really. May try the second episode but not overly hopeful. Was listed as Sci-fi/horror but the 'scary' parts were more really bad comedy than anything even remotely close to scary (and I'm a wuss with scary movies). Is down to 9 on imdb too and should be closer to 7 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back