FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If there are any Sci-Fi fans on here, a new show starts this week called Dark Matter. Trailer looks okay and hopefully it'll be decent. I will at least give it a couple of episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4159076/

Pretty sure it's by the less talented and most up themselves guys that brought you the worst episodes of Stargate Sg-1, Atlantis and Universe.

Not really upcoming but obscure enough don't think it needed its own thread.

Anyone seen Ascension? Made by Syfy.

Start of pilot was a bit meh, and finished off with a decent ending, I usually give up 15 minutes into a new show if I don't like it, wasn't bad.

If there are any Sci-Fi fans on here, a new show starts this week called Dark Matter. Trailer looks okay and hopefully it'll be decent. I will at least give it a couple of episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4159076/

Just watched the 1st episode and it's not bad. I hope for at least the first season (assuming it gets a 2nd) they focus on the story and the characters backgrounds rather than go all out action which they could and probably will do.

I haven't gotten around to watching Dark Matter yet but I'm going to say it has less chance of being an axed before it starts sci fi because it's not Fox.

No spoilers. If it is interesting and nobody has started a thread for it I will start a thread. Just had to watch GoT as soon as I got it as the spoiler avoidance was too stressful :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't gotten around to watching Dark Matter yet but I'm going to say it has less chance of being an axed before it starts sci fi because it's not Fox.

No spoilers. If it is interesting and nobody has started a thread for it I will start a thread. Just had to watch GoT as soon as I got it as the spoiler avoidance was too stressful :p

It's not a bad pilot but it's not the greatest in the world. It does have the capacity to become a decent to good show.

Not really upcoming but obscure enough don't think it needed its own thread.

Anyone seen Ascension? Made by Syfy.

Start of pilot was a bit meh, and finished off with a decent ending, I usually give up 15 minutes into a new show if I don't like it, wasn't bad.

Mindless sci-fi drama really. Not that it wasn't enjoyable but it wasn't a classic. More paranormal than actual Sci-Fi. Really polarised the reviews, many either loved it or hated it. I didn't like the ending myself but it think they knew they only had a limited amount of time to tell the story and would have preferred to do a 2nd series. It was supposed to be a short tv series but was burned off quickly as big special eps.

Also Dark Matter thread is up http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/dark-matter-syfy.1101373/

Saw the opening episode of Killjoys last night. Was fairly enjoyable, had one moment about 10-15 minutes in that was pretty cringeworthy, but the 2nd half of the episode was really good. Went into it with low expectations considering it airs on SyFy and was pleasantly surprised.

Will be tuning in next week.

Summary from IMDB

In the Quad, a galaxy on the brink of a bloody interplanetary class war, a fun loving trio of bounty hunters attempt to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants.

Whoa! Has Ballers been mention with "The Rock" - Just saw the trailer! Cannot wait!!!
I'm kind to tune in on Monday on HBO.

Along with Ballers and True Detective HBO have a Jack Black spy show starting called The Brink that I'm keen to check out.

Saw the opening episode of Killjoys last night. Was fairly enjoyable, had one moment about 10-15 minutes in that was pretty cringeworthy, but the 2nd half of the episode was really good. Went into it with low expectations considering it airs on SyFy and was pleasantly surprised.

Will be tuning in next week.

Summary from IMDB

In the Quad, a galaxy on the brink of a bloody interplanetary class war, a fun loving trio of bounty hunters attempt to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants.

That sounds alright. I might give it a go later.

Edit: I quite enjoyed the pilot episode. I'll definitely be watching the next few episodes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back