Injury Injury list Rnd 23 (latest Davoren is safe)

Remove this Banner Ad

No, that was Ceglar who was traded from the Suns.
We traded pick 25 to GWS for Marty Clarke and Elliott, who they had pre-listed with their weird pre-listing ability of that off season.

That is in fact right....my mistake in the earlier posts

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Didn't Brown and Dwyer both play in the VFL on Saturday? Not sure how their names can be on the injury list if they actually both played a couple of days ago.

As for Reid, I'd nearly put money on it that he doesn't come back until after the bye. No point rushing him back for the Blues in round 7. Therefore he might have a run in the VFL in early May and then come back into AFL for round 9, May 15 vs Crows.

Broomhead, never heard of shin splints keeping a player out from playing. I've actually played with shin splints for nearly half a season years ago, so it's possible. I would question the validity of shin splints as the actual reason/injury as to why he's not playing.

I think you are misguided, you obviously had very minor shin splints as it can vary a lot.

I have had shin splints and was out for most the season as it caused stress fractures. Similar to josh Thomas'.

It can vary but the more you push it the worse it gets and it can turn into a major problem. Best to be safe

Broomhead, never heard of shin splints keeping a player out from playing. I've actually played with shin splints for nearly half a season years ago, so it's possible. I would question the validity of shin splints as the actual reason/injury as to why he's not playing.

Shin splints can actually refer to a number of different injuries in the same area. Like you I've had a manageable version of it, but it can be very severe from what I understand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The pain of shin splints may vary from person to person, I played with it last year and had to take a few weeks off mid season as I was struggling to run it was extremely uncomfortable. hopefully Broomheads aren't to bad because even when I came back they gave me grief for the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not concerned about Freeman and Scharenberg. They are first year players and i hope we go very slowly with them.

Really looking forwrd to Reid, Seedsman, Sinclair and Marley Williams been available. Sinclair isn't best 22, but he is a gutsy little defender and is good depth.

Also looking forward to Broomhead getting stuck into it and Karnezis keeping on getting fitter.

Really starting to look good for the pies now.

I'm not concerned about Freeman and Scharenberg. They are first year players and i hope we go very slowly with them.

Really looking forwrd to Reid, Seedsman, Sinclair and Marley Williams been available. Sinclair isn't best 22, but he is a gutsy little defender and is good depth.
Sinclair looks to have turned the corner, I'd use him as the super sub where his speed could be really damaging with the heat off the game.. he's also got the flexibility to play back forward or midfield

Our depth goes much deeper this year then it did in 10/11 except we don't have the oldish experienced guys pushed outside of the team to use as depth.

In 2010/11 we had Lockeyer, Fraser, Obree and Medhurst all playing 2s footy but that was all our depth basically but this year our depth is much more even and goes a lot more deeper. We have two top 10 picks whohaven't played a game yet and we are fine with out of them at most other clubs their two top 10 picks would be playing every game that year and here we are thinking that once they are fit and ready they are still going to find it tough to get a game for us with a full and fit list to choose from.

It's exciting times down at the Westpac Center, it's really going to be an exciting year as long as that injury list stays small.

We seem to be making a habit of drafting with our first selections players who spend a large slice of their first season sidelined with injury.

We took Scharenberg in full knowledge of his foot condition. In fact we might be thanking Jebus that he had them in two years time because that was what allowed him to slide to us. Don't know about Grundy's back issues last year but may be another case of the same.

That's what having a stable club allows you. To take a short-term hit for the longer term benefit. Thank God the club isn't run by week-to-week panic merchants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back