Upper Murray Football League 2012

homebake

Debutant
Aug 14, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah, it was a pretty dissappointing effort by our boys on Saturday, Cudgy look the real and by the sounds of it so do Tumba. As long as Feds and Bullioh don't win the flag (and we win some games) i'll be happy. Must say our coaches have done a wonderful job of recruiting players and getting them prepared for season 2012 but i have serious reservations of our selection poilicy. Todd Pannach has been a great clubman and a very handy player for us for the last few years yet isn't worthy of a spot in a team beaten by 180 points? Tommy Saunders and Rory Doolan are skilled and actually hit targets yet get overlooked. Grant Williams is the best ruckman in the 2's comp by a mile and cannot get a spot in our 1's. I think he's probably the best ruckman at our club, yet rots away in the 2's.:confused: My opinion (which counts for nothing) is it looks like a serious case of mates rates. Feds look to have some injury problems and their lack of depth will show against Tumba, while i'm sure Bullioh have some spare $$$ to make sure they get themselves another flag.:thumbsdown:

D85, Tom Saunders asked to play reserves as he had a sore shoulder, Grant couldnt commit to seniors this week, Todd said he wanted some match fitness before playing seniors (he hasnt trained all pre season) and Rory Doolan was 1st emergency, unlucky yes, but will get his chance. Jack Geddes fractured his ankle in the 1st quarter (full back) our ruckman tore his hamstring so bad at the 2nd bounce, he probably wont play again this year, and the Nicholas family had a death close to the family close to game day, so all in all a crap week. Not excuses, just answering your observations. For those whom are making rumours about our boys walking away, none of it is true, we will stick together and I hope come back and give Bullioh a fair crack. Maxi thanks for your words, and if you want to kick us go ahead, but maybe your missing the point that it is Round 1. As i said earlier, wait until the end of Round 5 before you start laying the boot in.

Demon85

Debutant
Feb 25, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Corryong
D85, Tom Saunders asked to play reserves as he had a sore shoulder, Grant couldnt commit to seniors this week, Todd said he wanted some match fitness before playing seniors (he hasnt trained all pre season) and Rory Doolan was 1st emergency, unlucky yes, but will get his chance. Jack Geddes fractured his ankle in the 1st quarter (full back) our ruckman tore his hamstring so bad at the 2nd bounce, he probably wont play again this year, and the Nicholas family had a death close to the family close to game day, so all in all a crap week. Not excuses, just answering your observations.
Thanks for clearing that up HB, all the best for saturday:thumbsu:

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
TIPS FOR THIS WEEK

RESSIES
Tumba over Feds by 7gls
Cudgie over B/W 33pts
Corry over Bullioh 9pts

SENIORS
Tumba over Feds 37pts
Cudgie over B/W 42PTS
Bullioh over Corry 41pts

Rosie to kick 2gls b/w

The Tiger

Senior List
May 10, 2009
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
TIPS FOR THIS WEEK

RESSIES
Tumba over Feds by 7gls
Cudgie over B/W 33pts
Corry over Bullioh 9pts

SENIORS
Tumba over Feds 37pts
Cudgie over B/W 42PTS
Bullioh over Corry 41pts

Rosie to kick 2gls b/w

Hi Chopper,I see one of your explayers that now plays for Feds got more than he bargained for last sat when he tried it on with one of B/Ws young fellas,RAT must of thought that the kids he use to snipe a few years ago dont grow up and become BIG YOUNG MEN who arent scared anymore,and can give it back in spades,I dont think he will be wanting a return bout with Kiel real soon.He should of stayed at Tumba,because Feds will not be playing in the last game of the year but haveing said that, neither will B/W. Wont it be great,no Bullioh,Tumba V Cudgie I predict,even after only one game..:cool::thumbsu:

might n power

Debutant
Mar 6, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi Chopper,I see one of your explayers that now plays for Feds got more than he bargained for last sat when he tried it on with one of B/Ws young fellas,RAT must of thought that the kids he use to snipe a few years ago dont grow up and become BIG YOUNG MEN who arent scared anymore,and can give it back in spades,I dont think he will be wanting a return bout with Kiel real soon.He should of stayed at Tumba,because Feds will not be playing in the last game of the year but haveing said that, neither will B/W. Wont it be great,no Bullioh,Tumba V Cudgie I predict,even after only one game..:cool::thumbsu:

Was at the Cudgy game on the weekend, and geez they looked good. Piltz is a massive addition, literally. Was a bit surprised to see the end result, the Demons weren't as bad as the final margain suggests, didnt help Evan not getting much of it either, if those at Corryong want to win a game, my suggestion, leave #26 #15 and your other coach in the middle for the entire game and dont swap them. Dont write Bullioh off yet folks, dont want to see them there, but they will get more players, always do, a battle in 3 at this early stage.

Tips:
Ressies- Tumba ,Cudgy and Bullioh
Seniors- Tumba by less than 10 points, Cudgy by 10 goals and Bullioh to notch up there first win.

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good to have you back on board Tiger.Wasn't at that game went to tumba/bullioh,but do know one thing A.Williams does not snipe players never has an never will is not that sort of player and every player in that league would tell you the same.I've known him since he was 18 and has never been sent from the ground or reported can the other player say the same.
Will be going to Feds/Tumba this week should be a good game between B/W Cudgie all the best
max
match of the rnd B/W vCUDGIE

bdog

Draftee
Mar 22, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
tips for this week

seniors
tumba over feds by 10 goals
cudgie over b/w by 6 goals
bulioh over corryong by 20+ goals

ressies
tumba over feds by 15 goals
b/w over cudgie by 15 points
corryong over bulioh by 5 goals

The Tiger

Senior List
May 10, 2009
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Good to have you back on board Tiger.Wasn't at that game went to tumba/bullioh,but do know one thing A.Williams does not snipe players never has an never will is not that sort of player and every player in that league would tell you the same.I've known him since he was 18 and has never been sent from the ground or reported can the other player say the same.
Will be going to Feds/Tumba this week should be a good game between B/W Cudgie all the best
max
match of the rnd B/W vCUDGIE

Maxie,I reckon you,ve been looking at THE RAT through ROSE COLOURED GLASSES,he just hasnt been caught,and as you well know in this league the umps arent the best running around and they dont want thier week stuffed up by driving midweek up to Corryong,and as far as the other bloke goes I think he has been dismissed a couple of times,for standing up for himself and not letting blokes like YOUR SAINT RAT give backhanders behind play.Anyway they didnt get reported just sent off for 10 and both are playing this week.As I said THE RAT should of stayed at the ROOS,he will not be playing in the big one with Feds.

DEMONROO

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Dubbo Demons
Hi Gents, just in case you missed me, here are my tips for round 2 (Good win by Tumba but sounds like Cudgy and the Pie Eaters will be there come finals time)

Magoos
Tumba over Feds by 5
Cudgie over B/W 33pts
Corry over Bullioh 12 pts

SENIORS
Tumba over Feds 50 pts
Cudgie over B/W 42PTS
Bullioh over Corry 10 goals

Good luck to all teams

The Tiger

Senior List
May 10, 2009
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
and as far as the other bloke goes I think he has been dismissed a couple of times,for standing up for himself

I can recall your bloke getting into a bit of trouble a couple of years ago Tige for standing ON something.

Standing ON Standing up,same same,just means he isnt prepared to take S--t from the older blokes,there should be more of these young fellas taking the old fossils on.:cool::thumbsu:

Grant Leigh

Rookie
Jan 28, 2009
Standing ON Standing up,same same,just means he isnt prepared to take S--t from the older blokes,there should be more of these young fellas taking the old fossils on.:cool::thumbsu:

If by "standing on" u mean kicking someone in the head while they were lying on the ground, and by "older blokes" u mean someone that is 2 years younger than him, then u are spot on tiger. That was one of the lowest acts I have ever seen on a footy field.

Demon85

Debutant
Feb 25, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Corryong
Just remember Tige their will always be someone stronger, bigger, dirtier and BETTER than your lovechild. Remember what goes around, comes around.:mad:

The Tiger

Senior List
May 10, 2009
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
If by "standing on" u mean kicking someone in the head while they were lying on the ground, and by "older blokes" u mean someone that is 2 years younger than him, then u are spot on tiger. That was one of the lowest acts I have ever seen on a footy field.

OH HERE WE GO THE WINLESS TEAMS SUPPORTERS ARE OUT IN FORCE AGAIN,WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN GRANT?TO ASHAMED TO SHOW YOUR WINLESS HEAD.GEE I REALLY HAVE MISSED ALL YOUR CRAP.

The Tiger

Senior List
May 10, 2009
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Tiger, were you that feral, homeless, filthy looking dude behind the goals at the footy on saturday?:D:D:D

Hi PENGUIN,no unfortunately it wasnt me,but I wish it had of been,I am feral,not homeless,but my wife probably wishes I was,filthy,well I have been called worse after a B/W camping trip,a dude,no, thats not me,I,m just a dirty smelly old C--T that loves all the S--T that goes on,on this forum,some people take it heart,me, I just keep pressing the buttons,sometimes I get my buttons pressed,I just love it.Have a good weekend,and best of luck to all sides,well maybe not Bullioh.:thumbsu:Hey Grant Leigh,take a deep breath you seem very stressed,maybe a cuddle,or, I have a one man tent, we could go camping together and discuss your problems.:cool::thumbsu:

DEMONROO

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Dubbo Demons
Ugly Swans pretty well plucked by Kangaroos

The feathers flew as the Roo's smashed the ducks (sorry, Swans), Sheppard, Higginson and the Molkentein's were stand outs in a great team effort. it was good to see the Tumba Ressies get up as well. Can't wait until they play the Blues, it should be entertaining:thumbsu::thumbsu:

blues2012

Senior List
Jan 9, 2012
Wodonga
AFL Club
Carlton
Ugly Swans pretty well plucked by Kangaroos

The feathers flew as the Roo's smashed the ducks (sorry, Swans), Sheppard, Higginson and the Molkentein's were stand outs in a great team effort. it was good to see the Tumba Ressies get up as well. Can't wait until they play the Blues, it should be entertaining:thumbsu::thumbsu:

:footy::footy::footy:
Ha Ha feathers flew when the Blues hit the Magpies too more ways than 1, But 1 week at a time Cudgewa V's Bullioh next week should be interesting?
What happened to Feds are they injury plagued and got no depth:confused::confused::confused:
Blues2012

The Tiger

Senior List
May 10, 2009
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Ha Ha feathers flew when the Blues hit the Magpies too more ways than 1, But 1 week at a time Cudgewa V's Bullioh next week should be interesting?
What happened to Feds are they injury plagued and got no depth:confused::confused::confused:
Blues2012

Your right about one thing bluey,there was a magnifecent hit,and from what I,m told it was more than deserved,the receiver of the HIT had been at the deliverer all day,actually it was 2 hits,the first put him to sleep ,the second was when the young fella held him up to give him some pain,my source was no more than a metre from the action, and says both conected perfectly and with more than enough power to drop just about anybody.The sad part about it is that the kid will probably get a few weeks for Willo,s own stupidity,like I have said play hard but leave these young fellas alone and play footy.I think the young blokes initials are Dane Arthur, Tim said they were beautifuly thrown Dane,reminded him of when him and Keil use to belt me in the back yard when they where kids.:thumbsu:;)

the under rated

Draftee
Jul 7, 2011
corryong
AFL Club
Sydney
Your right about one thing bluey,there was a magnifecent hit,and from what I,m told it was more than deserved,the receiver of the HIT had been at the deliverer all day,actually it was 2 hits,the first put him to sleep ,the second was when the young fella held him up to give him some pain,my source was no more than a metre from the action, and says both conected perfectly and with more than enough power to drop just about anybody.The sad part about it is that the kid will probably get a few weeks for Willo,s own stupidity,like I have said play hard but leave these young fellas alone and play footy.I think the young blokes initials are Dane Arthur, Tim said they were beautifuly thrown Dane,reminded him of when him and Keil use to belt me in the back yard when they where kids.:thumbsu:;)

well it sounds like the fight ring was at cudge and the full moon was shinning well at bullioh

blues2012

Senior List
Jan 9, 2012
Wodonga
AFL Club
Carlton
well it sounds like the fight ring was at cudge and the full moon was shinning well at bullioh

:footy::footy:
No fight ring at Cudgee just some peanut getting knocked out, Willo swung first so deserves all he got, Captain Snooze must be well respected at B/W if his team mates think he deserved it?
:footy::footy:
Blues2012

Chopper69

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2007
Lamington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Once again tumba was very impressive in the way they handled feds on saturday,their recruits all putting solid games in.Two of there young local players J.Waters/M.Freuamie have really taken the next step in senior footy.Feds did have 3-4 players out and also lost two more before half time,i still beleive they can get 4th spot off B/W if they can get most of there players back before Rnd7 a hard road but not impossible.
Even though Corry went down to Bullioh on saturday they were'nt blown out of the park by all means.Well done corry for giving bullioh a run.Will be a good game between feds an corry next week.cudgie will find out where abouts they are this week when they play bullioh.
Heard about what happened at cudgie on saturday,the only thing i/ve got to say about it is give both players 5-6 week holiday[this only my opinion].
And Tiger i have a two-man tent if you want to borrow it give the poor bloke abit of room to move.
max

The Tiger

Senior List
May 10, 2009
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi Max,dont know if the either of them should get anything,they both play to the limit,maybe they should be made to spend some time umpireing the kids,like for the rest of the season,every saturday,then it may give them an understanding of the right way to play the game,and by that I mean the little kids not the U16s.
And thank you for your generous offer of a two man tent,but ask Freckle,I,m a one man man,more cosy.

Back